Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Do you remember your first tama?

• Please log in to reply

LaraBrox

• larabrox user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:26 AM ( #381 )

I got one of the original Tamagotchis for christmas when I was 7. It was purple with a green snake around it. No idea where it is now though! I'm hoping it'll turn up again someday :)

Carol_tama

• carol-tama user photo

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:29 PM ( #382 )

The very first vpet I've ever had was an Apollo 8 in 1 Pet, that looked like this:
5634180_S7304018.JPG
I got it for Christmas when I was like 4 or 6, don't remember exactly, but I loved it with all my heart. I always raised a puppy in it and it was adorable. <3

As for the Tamagotchis, the first one I've had was a white and black v3, that my dad brought me from Paris when I was 13-14 years old and I still have it, although now it looks a little bit different. xDDD

Nathalietchi

• nathalietchi user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:23 AM ( #383 )

Yup! It was a V3 with the zebraprint. I didn't know how complicated the growth charts were though. When I finally (after several years) found out how it all worked I tried to find it but never did. :(

Edit: Forgot the 'it', sorry.

Edited by Nathalietchi, 05 July 2013 - 07:27 AM.

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:34 AM ( #384 )

It bugs me that not only do I not remember which Tamagotchis I bought first. I don't even remember what color they were. The only color I remember was a red and green one. I guess because I bought several at once they all kind of blurr together. I wish I had kept them.

MisterBear

• misterbear user photo

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:38 PM ( #385 )

Yes, I remember it well, i have stuck with Tamagotchi since the P1

My first tama was white and blue, i have most of them still, and have stuck with tamagotchi for the whole 15 years or so. The only problem is that they aren't so popular in Australia, and i doubt they will ever be in shops here again.

I'm now 30 and just bought an english ID L 

I lost my P2 somewhere :s I should replace it sometime. 

tamaninjacat

• tamaninjacat user photo

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:45 PM ( #386 )

My first tama was white and blue, i have most of them still, and have stuck with tamagotchi for the whole 15 years or so. The only problem is that they aren't so popular in Australia, and i doubt they will ever be in shops here again.

You might want to look at this topic. ;): http://www.tamatalk....ing-down-under/

HopeMcCarthyAuroraLovingtn

• hopemccarthyauroralovingtn user photo

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:04 AM ( #387 )

My first Tama is Tamago 2010

tinkeepie11

• tinkeepie11 user photo

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:25 PM ( #388 )

Man, I remember my first tama like it was yesterday.

I was like 7 or 8 and I got a V4 from this really fun toy store that's closed now. It was yellow and had this red sun in the corner and I was so excited. I started it up and it was a boy. I can't remember what I named him, but he grew into a Mohitamatchi then a Obotchi and finally a Masktchi. He worked at a food place and died when he was 5 or 6.

Edited by tinkeepie11, 13 July 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Ryzzeh

• ryzzeh user photo

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:09 AM ( #389 )

My first ever Tamagotchi was a P2 handed down to me by a family friend. I was six years old at the time and I didn't have the slightest clue on how to use it. A friend taught me how to use it, and, well, the rest is history. I am now the proud owner of 51 tamagotchis of many different versions and a lot of other V-Pets. :)

Minecraft Addict

• minecraft-addict user photo

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:57 AM ( #390 )

I remember getting my first Tama like it was yesterday. I was going to be in grade 4, I had some money and my mother took Nazotchi25 and I to Toys R' Us. My first one was a V3 with a Green Alligator Skin. Now I gave Nazotchi25 all my Tamas because I simply don't have time. I do miss them.

Tamacass

• tamacass user photo

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:49 PM ( #391 )

I still remember my V4 pink and white design!

I think I had a V5.5 celebrity as well.

I remember raising a Maskatchi (Because I had no idea how to raise a tamagotchi) on my V4. :P  :ph34r:

-Tamacass

KujoStar64

• kujostar64 user photo

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:00 AM ( #392 )

I had the really old Tamagotchi 2 from 1997, I think it was. It was green with black and yellow on it. I bought it myself. That Tama has been long gone for ages, but I have some of the newer ones, now.

Counting Bodies Like Sheep

• counting-bodies-like-sheep user photo

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:30 PM ( #393 )

I sure do! It was a magenta V2 with purple and yellow hibiscus flowers. All my friends had been playing with tamagotchis for 1 or 2 years, and my friend gave me this V2 when she didn't want it anymore. I was thrilled, and played with it every day, until I lost it  :(

autumns

• autumns user photo

Posted 25 August 2013 - 07:20 PM ( #394 )

It was when tamagotchies came out again in the 2000s I was in the fifth grade the v1 green one loved that one a lot. I was like 4 and remember getting one at mcdonalds in 98

Happily Candied

• happily-candied user photo

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:03 PM ( #395 )

I bought my first Tamagotchi from KB Toys in the summer of 1997, right after I finished 6th grade. Thinking back to that time now, I can honestly say it's one of my favorite memories from my childhood. I loved my Tama so much and I still love it today. The full story behind my almost two decade obsession with virtual pets is on my blog.

Here's my Tama, along with its receipt (that I'd kept for reasons of future nostalgia). As seen in the photo, it's dated 6/27/97. :wub:

tamaoriginal_receipt_700_zps5d640ea2.jpg

It's been sitting safely inside its original box for many years. I only recently took it out of the box for these photos.

tamaoriginal_box_700_zps82778d91.jpg

• Carol_tama and Tamaevie like this

justwingingit

• justwingingit user photo

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:05 AM ( #396 )

My first virtual pet was a Dinky Dino.  I still have him somewhere around the house. 

Moonpiedreams

• moonpiedreams user photo

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:16 PM ( #397 )

I was a bit late on the whole Tamagotchi thing. I got my first one from my bestfriend when I was 17. I've had it for 3 years now :) It's a V3

9a766t.jpg

MoonShadow1789

• moonshadow1789 user photo

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:27 PM ( #398 )

This year marks my 7th "anniversary" since getting my first Tamagotchi; it was Christmas of '06, and I was 7 years old. The one I got was the yellow-with-stars V3, which, to my dismay, is long since lost at this point.

x.//StoryTeller//.x

• xstorytellerx user photo

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:21 PM ( #399 )

Oh dude, I remember getting some double pack when I was probably nine because it was cheaper than to buy two separately, one for me and my sister each. It was like light blue with these weird stripes and honestly really ugly. I wasn't that bright of a kid (which never changed) and would but it in a fuzzy sock then in the refrigerator. It actually didn't break or anything.

So like I was all happy getting specific characters on it and stuff, and then one day when I joined Tamatalk, people ridiculed me for getting such "low level" characters. Yeah I'm just not very likable on Tamatalk. Ever. But I'm happy now which is what truly matters.
  • mozaique likes this

Sushi Bassist

• sushi-bassist user photo

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:36 PM ( #400 )

Man, nostalgia...

I remember this day so clearly! 
I think I was four or five at the time, my family lived in the US back then and one day we'd gone to Toys 'R' Us to buy some... well, toys.
I was sitting in the shopping cart and being pushed around by my mom, I think my cousin was there with me too. Anyway, we were lining up to pay at the cashier when I noticed that there was a series of egg-like keychain things hanging from the stands they have next to those checkout counters... I found the coolest design and asked my mom if I could buy it, and she said yes. That's how I got my first tamagotchi (which is currently MIA. I think it got lost when we were moving - *tear*). I thought it was the coolest thing ever, and I carried it the whole time - wouldn't let them put it in the cart, hahaha.
It was this one, in case any of you were wondering:

0805_tama2.jpg