Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Do you remember your first tama?

• Please log in to reply

memeluvr420

• memeluvr420 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:28 PM ( #441 )

i got my first tama in 2007 i think it was a v4.5?? it was the fall leaves fattern. recently i stripped it of the leaves and gave it some gold buttons.

Licksta

• licksta user photo

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:43 PM ( #442 )

They never went to Japan either XD

Well idk. I do remember going to Washington.

jvdas

• jvdas user photo

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:52 AM ( #443 )

I was told I had a few original tamagotchis, but they were thrown away because they were annoying?? but the first tamagotchi i actually remember having was from 2005-2006, when I got my first v2. 

MayaBlue

• mayablue user photo

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:37 PM ( #444 )

I got my first tamagotchi on my 8th Birthday from a family friend. I played with it for a day and was already hooked- it was clear blue. I then went and bought myself another one which was red. They were V2. I then bought myself a V3, V4 and V5- which were union jack, blue clouds and silver. About a year ago I saw an advert for the new Tamagotchi Friends. I knew I had to get one even though I thought I was too old  (18). I loved them then and i love them now. Im currently running 3 Friends in Red, Blue and my newest one which I bought yesterday in purple. As soon as i go back home for easter im gunna dig my old tamas out.

Ashashichi

• ashashichi user photo

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:22 PM ( #445 )

My first Tama was a V1 when they first came back in 2004 :) Sparkly red with orange buttons.

Running it right now actually since my P's is all grown up lol

ISmileBecauseImStrange

• ismilebecauseimstrange user photo

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:12 AM ( #446 )

I can't really remember what year it was that I was first bought one (1998 probably), but I do remember seeing a child my age playing with one in a bank and asking where he got it, dragging my mum from what she was doing and running up the road to the toy shop they were selling them in, and there was a line out the door! xD

I remember mine being a metallic p1 with either blue, yellow or pink clouds or something? But I remember dropping it getting out of the car once and broke a line of pixels xD my sister got a green dinkie dino :)

Ahh memories!! :D

PoisonMookie

• poisonmookie user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:36 PM ( #447 )

I still remember getting my first one, it was back when they first came out in the UK. I saw them when I was out shopping with my mum and went crazy for one. I ended up promising my mum that I would keep my room tidy for at least a month and I would stop asking for a puppy. Being about seven (I think) at the time that was a pretty big deal to me. I never put it down until I had to go back to school and I wasn't allowed to take it with me. My mum would take it off my every morning and either her or my dad would have to look after it until I got home. They let it die once and I got so upset that my mum took charge and actually looked after it better than I did sometimes, I think she secretly enjoyed playing with it really. After a couple of years it just stopped working for some reason, tried loads of new batteries but nothing :/ 

Edited by PoisonMookie, 04 April 2014 - 02:38 PM.

TotallyTamagotchi

• totallytamagotchi user photo

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:00 AM ( #448 )

Ahh yes. I remember that day. I was with my sister, friend, and cousin (all girls). I only knew tamagotchis existed when the v4.5 was out. We were at walmart, and we were all dying to get tamagotchis! We all picked our favorite shell and when we got home, we played like there was no tomorrow! :)

Edited by TotallyTamagotchi, 05 April 2014 - 12:01 AM.

pighat09

• pighat09 user photo

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:42 PM ( #449 )

a tamago. i got them when they first came out. i did so many chores for it.

tama_ic

• tama-ic user photo

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:06 AM ( #450 )

The first tamagotchi I played with was a fake one that belonged to a school mate :). It was I think in 1996-1997 when they first appeared. I didn't get one at that time (couldn't afford one myself) but I could borrow it from my colleague so I played with it. I am not sure exactly what it was, all I remember you could choose between a few animals and one of them was an elephant which did very funny somersaults. I wish I could figure out what it was and find a similar one :). I loved playing with it at that time and I wished I had one myself.

Anyway, just this year I found an IDL e in a Japanese department store and I remembered how much I wanted a Tamagotchi! So I couldn't resist not buying it. So, that's my own first tama :), and I like it a lot. After that, I looked up what other tamagotchis are there and I decided I want to try some of the older ones, that's how I ended up buying another 6 (!!) online (I need to stop buying! :)). I only received one until now, a v4.5, but I can't wait to get the others.

I am quite older now (with a job and everything), but I think I always wanted to have these and just forgot about them by the time I could buy one myself. I am very happy to have re-discovered them!

• *Hayden* likes this

TamaBlock

• tamablock user photo

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:20 PM ( #451 )

I didn't remember anything too specific about the tamagotchi itself but i remember that my addiction was too bad that my teacher threatened to throw it out the window. my second tamagotchi was green though.

haileymametchi

• haileymametchi user photo

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:53 PM ( #452 )

I got my first Tamagotchi as an end-of-the-year present in 1st grade because I heard about them and wanted one REALLY badly. Now, I have at least 20 Tamagotchis. I still have it and it is a yellow V4.

idkhaha

• idkhaha user photo

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:23 PM ( #453 )

My first Tama... well, it was so many years ago, I don't remember exactly when, but it was a v3 Pink Ribbon design. I wanted one badly, and I couldn't find them anywhere. So, my aunt who lived in another state bought me one and mailed it to me. I cried because I was so happy. <3

Zephyr

• zephyr user photo

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:13 PM ( #454 )

Not quite, it was so long ago! I do remember that they died a lot so it never got to be an adult. I also thought the poops were hersheys kisses. I would wear it on a key ring with my Giga Pet (I had the dog) and my Nano; but I had several virtual pets so there were like four or five of them, maybe? Hahaha. My first virtual pet was some off brand dinosaur one from Walgreens, then I got a Giga Pet, Tamagotchi, and Nano. I took my virtual pets with me to Las Vegas. I remember sitting behind a couch or something playing with them; that's like the first thing that pops into my head when I think back to having my first Tamagotchi. That, and coming home from school to find it dead AGAIN! Hahaha!

patchis-forest

• patchis-forest user photo

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:25 PM ( #455 )

mine was the see-through orange v1. i got it when i was around 6 years old. i remember i got it because i liked the shell, but i dont remember any experiences with it. :mellow:

pyrotarukia

• pyrotarukia user photo

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:12 AM ( #456 )

I had a V1 but the one I remember most was a white one with green dots on it and it looked like a turtle shell and was so cute xD I think I liked it the most because of the fact that it reminded me of turtles :3

Soenattchi

• soenattchi user photo

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:36 AM ( #457 )

How could I forget! I basically breathed and lived for that back in the day... My first was a white P1 and I loved that thing until the day it accidentally got broken during a move. I was only 6 so I don't remember the acquisition process very well however it 'was' a gift I received from my parents for something school related.

I remember we would smuggle Tamas to school after the teachers basically banned them and comparing with everyone else at recess... I also kept a diary just for it together with my pokemon one. (I loved keeping diaries of things I liked)

mudkipclove

• mudkipclove user photo

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:35 PM ( #458 )

Yeah! I still have it actually :)

It's a pink V1 with hearts. I was 7 and had no idea how to use it. I thought when he pooped he was playing some kind of game. Every one I had died after it reached the child stage. One day, I absentmindedly chewed off the buttons, then packed it away. Later, when my collection was bigger, I replaced the buttons and debugged it. I couldn't un-debug it, so now I just keep it like that. It's pretty fun, actually. If I get bored I can run it in hyperspeed mode, or reset and choose a new character. I wouldn't debug any of my other tamagotchis though..

Myiko

• myiko user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:28 PM ( #459 )

I remember I got an old blue P1 really cheap when I small, I remember having a Kuchipatchi... I also remember I dropped it and it fell inside the toilet the day of christmass.... that christmass were terrible  -_-  (?)

Nerdy Cinnamon Bun

• nerdy-cinnamon-bun user photo

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:04 PM ( #460 )

I was in 2nd or 3rd grade, and most of my friends had Tamagotchis. Me and my sister weren't allowed pets, and we longed for the virtual pet. Then one day, our grandmother brought us home one tamagotchi. (We didn't have much money) It was a green 4.5. My sister got bored of it quickly, but even weeks later I was still obsessed with the beeps, games, and the fact that a small pet was living in my tamagotchi!

Later on, my grandmother gave me a music star. Months later, she died. I lost the 4.5, and I put the music star away. Later on, in 6th grade, I found it again, replaced the batteries, and I still treasure them.

Currently, the 4.5 s missing probably from our many moves, but I still have the Music Star.

*And I treasured them

Sorry °.°

Malfoy Edit: Merged posts - please use the EDIT function and refrain from chain posting.