Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Do you remember your first tama?

• Please log in to reply

Unakachi

• unakachi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:09 AM ( #613 )

I remember my first tamagotchi being Family Connection back in the day. Sadly that Tama is no longer with me for my brother drowning it in the bathroom sink. I still honor it by my screen name and every Tama I got from there on. Hoping to get a M!X model soon. I am also planning to get the 20th anniversary edition later on into the day.

debibu

• debibu user photo

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:09 AM ( #614 )

My brother insists I had an original tamagotchi when I was young, but I just can't remember it.

In my mind, my first tama is the Ps. The pink and white Aikatsu set. I don't even know how I came across the Ps (probably Ra's YT channel, tbh). But I just HAD to have one... or three.  ^_^

brightbronze

• brightbronze user photo

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:31 AM ( #615 )

My first tama was a clear pink 1997 US release with yellow buttons. I was 10, I named it Zucchini regardless of which outcomes I got, and I tried with all my heart to get my favorite (Mimitchi) but never succeeded. I could've sworn I still had it, but I can't find it anywhere, so I think it's been lost to time and several big moves over the years. I hope I can replace it someday!

Burotchi

• burotchi user photo

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:23 PM ( #616 )

My first REAL Tamagotchi was actually the game for Game Boy, haha. My dad got me a Giga Pet (he thought Tamagotchi was a Japanese knock-off, oof) and I was never able to keep it alive longer than a few hours because my school had a ZERO tolerance policy for any virtual pets - getting caught with one meant it was confiscated immediately, even during recess.

The Game Boy version remains my favorite and I wish there was a portable device that offered the same experience? I'm just getting into Tamagotchi again, so I'm hoping the v4.5 I ordered will be similar. :>

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:48 PM ( #617 )

The Game Boy games are the most similar to the color versions I think, strangely enough.

• Penguin-keeper likes this

MellowMood

• mellowmood user photo

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:18 AM ( #618 )

Got my first tama in 1997 when i was in 6th grade. I still have it. Its the P1 clear green shell with blue buttons and no writing. I remember hearing about them from a friend at school and my mom went and got me one as soon as they were released. The only other one i ever had is a P2 that im currently running. Its the clear blue shell with silver buttons and writing

SkaIsNotDead

• skaisnotdead user photo

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:21 AM ( #619 )

I had several virtual pets in the 90s but I didn't buy my first Tamagotchi until college. I played the Tamagotchi Connection DS game before I bought my first tama. I bought a 20th Anniversary mini recently and now I can't stop! 

Teisuto

• teisuto user photo

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:17 PM ( #620 )

I do :) I'm relatively young, so my first tama was a v4. It was the punk gray shell. I remember I was in third grade and one of my friends would always play with it. On the first day of fourth grade, I showed it to him and asked him if he wanted to play with it, and he said 'ew you still play with that?'. I was so heartbroken lol. Anyways, I always got Masktchi and Gozarutchi because bad care heh :,) but still my fave gen to this day and I wish I can eventually find another one.

Verklighet

• verklighet user photo

Posted 24 April 2018 - 03:19 PM ( #621 )

I got my first Tamagotchi Friends (this was quickly after they came out) from Amazon after asking my 

friend what those "egg-shaped things" were. 

I really enjoyed playing with it. Then I bought the Dream Town version.

Good times, good times.  ^_^

InCyberspace

• incyberspace user photo

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:56 AM ( #622 )

20180511_145402_0_-1.jpg

My first Tamagotchi bought in Lakeside in early 1997. Was a choice between this one and a translucent red. Eventually went for this version.
  • Penguin-keeper likes this

raichuu

• raichuu user photo

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:25 AM ( #623 )

My first Tamagotchi was the Dream Town one~!

I got it at Hot Topic with a couple of my friends about ... Two-ish years ago? I can't even remember the exact time, but it feels pretty recent. I got into Tamagotchi super late, as everyone can see! I'm even still trying to understand all these versions and the names of the models and Tamagotchi characters —

But it's been an interesting ride so far!

Verklighet

• verklighet user photo

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:45 PM ( #624 )

Tamagothi Friends! It was the blue, white, and black-spotted one.

THAT SPARKED MY INSANITY.

(I'm just joking with "insanity." My friends joke about it.)  :lol:

kopeh

• kopeh user photo

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:08 PM ( #625 )

When I was a baby, my mom would take care of both me and my brothers' tamagotchis while they were at school lol...

not sure if they were real or knockoffs, but one of them had angel chracters. i also played with them for a bit, but of course i dont remember much.

My first "own" virtual pet was the colored pikachu pet, but that was still shared among us three. after a couple of "50 pets in one!!", i finally got my V3 for christmas when i was like 5.

i never let go of it and convinced everyone who befriended me to get a tama so we can connect 

assbread

• assbread user photo

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:23 PM ( #626 )

magenta_hibiscus.jpg

My first Tama was a V2. I still have it, but when my niece was living with us, she got into my tama's when she was little and colored the screens with markers. If anyone knows how to remove marker from a tamagotchi screen, please let me know lol

InCyberspace

• incyberspace user photo

Posted 31 May 2018 - 08:38 PM ( #627 )

magenta_hibiscus.jpg
My first Tama was a V2. I still have it, but when my niece was living with us, she got into my tama's when she was little and colored the screens with markers. If anyone knows how to remove marker from a tamagotchi screen, please let me know lol

That sounds like the kind of thing that would cause me an aneurysm.

Code_Name_Geek

• code-name-geek user photo

Posted 31 May 2018 - 09:03 PM ( #628 )

blue_stars.jpgs-l300.jpg

My first one was the blue Connection V3, which I begged for after my best friend let me play with one of his on a school field trip. I seem to remember a different screen background though? It's currently sitting in a drawer in my bedroom but it still worked last time I tried it. My younger brother got the green one but his kept dying before we could get them to marry (to my endless frustration). I think we finally did it though!