Photo
- - - - -

approving

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

plnkpenguin

• plnkpenguin user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:59 AM ( #52 )

my mom and dad got me into tamas by buying a v5 for my 9th bday.

2 yrs later and i have a v6 and a v3. the v5 got lost. |-( i wonder where it is now... :D :P :) :) :P :D

FKOD

• fkod user photo

Posted 30 May 2010 - 03:21 PM ( #53 )

My parents are totally okay with my tamagotchis. Mom always calls them my "children." She seems impressed that the little tiny guys can do so much. XD I usually don't have to worry about my parents approving the things I do, anyway. My brother is the one who gives me his rants all the time. However, he doesn't seem to mind too much, and he doesn't know enough about them to effectively rant about them (like he does with my pokemon).

As for my school, there's not technically a tamagotchi ban. Although electronics are discouraged during school hours, none of the teachers seem to really mind when someone has a laptop or something. I'm the only one who brings tamagotchis to school, anyway, and I don't play with them during class. People have seen me playing with them and usually either ignore it or tell me that they used to have one and that they are pretty cool. Most people say they don't have one now because they would forget about them or they lost the one they had.

ilovemakiko

• ilovemakiko user photo

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:39 PM ( #54 )

My brother and sister love them, but they just cant take care of them. My parents dont dislike them, they just dont care. My relatives dont really know/care about my Tamas.

ilovemakiko

• ilovemakiko user photo

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:42 PM ( #55 )

my mom wont like say no to them
[unless shes low on money]
and when i tell her somethng like,,,
sushi had a baby!!
she will just say
well ok, good for sushi!
and my step dad says
come spend time with the famly and get off your tamagutchis!
wich annoys the heck out of me
but he doesnt care that much
my sisters love them
and my grandparents dont even notice them
and my school
doesnt care
[except some teachers]

"well, great for sushi", thats funny because thats exactly what my mom says. (except with my tama's names, of course!)

Tamagotchi-Ashu

• tamagotchi-ashu user photo

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:43 PM ( #56 )

My parents really have no opinion of Tamagotchis, they really don't mind me having a bunch of them, seeing as I have 5 already, and they say if I'm good, I can get a Tama-Go when it comes out. They don't care how many I have as long as I don't sneak them to school, break it, or lose it.

Asiangotchi

• asiangotchi user photo

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:33 AM ( #57 )

My parents (Parents that I live with) are absolutely irritated that I play with them. They claim it's a little kids toy. But, I really could not care less; I still play with them. Lol.

Meminton44

• meminton44 user photo

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:49 PM ( #58 )

My mom likes my Tamagotchis. She thinks they teach me responsibility. But, she does think I spend more time with them than my real pet. She loves that I love Tamagotchis, because she always buys me them as rewards for things.
As for school, when I was in 4th grade, my teacher was always *REMOVED* and hated them. As for 5th grade (which I'm about to leave in 3 days) my teacher loves them and calls them "little critters". He let(s) me play with them whenever I wanted, as long as I had finished my work. He never took them away and never even warned me to put them away. And in 3rd grade, my teacher loved them, but I could only play with them on Fun Friday time. In 2nd grade, I got my first one and took to school everyday and connected it with my sisters bff's little brothers everyday at recess.
So overall, school didn't really care, they liked them. And my mom liked them, because buying them for me was sometimes the only way to get me to do something. As for dad, he felt bad for not being there, and living multiple states away, so he bought me them whenever I asked. Mostly, I got them as rewards. And nobody eally cared about them, and liked them. I guess Tamagotchis are irrestible where I live. :D :)

Edited by jappyx, 29 October 2010 - 07:53 AM.

tamagotchi606

• tamagotchi606 user photo

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:25 AM ( #59 )

<_< My parents don't really care. But my dad likes to surprise me with new versions. I'll go to bed one night with a hard pillow and pull out a new tamagotchi! But my mom really thinks they're okay. But she actually couldn't care less. But my parents are cool with me buying tamagotchis for myself.

Yellowmoodtama

• yellowmoodtama user photo

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:44 AM ( #60 )

I guess my parents approve. They don't dislike them but they make fun of me for playing with them lol. They think I'm too old to play with these kind of toys but I ignore it.

FamiFan95

• famifan95 user photo

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:34 AM ( #61 )

They don't really care, but my friends parents do :l It's kinda sad though. We used to play a lot together with them, but all of a sudden her parents didn't want her to play with them anymore, so now I'm all alone with them...

RubyKuchipatchi98

• rubykuchipatchi98 user photo

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:21 AM ( #62 )

My parents don't mind at all, they will buy me them if I ask for them.
My Mum really likes them and their cute little animations.
My Dad thinks it's ok to play them, but he says they're nothing more than an electronic 'slave' inside a plastic egg. He's usually the one who does the buying.
My cousins have them too, and my Grandad is AMAZED by the technology we have now. xD
I get really attached to them. xD I have 21 tamas, mainly from UK but a few from USA.
As for school, I've started in Year 7 at an Academy, and they don't mind at all. Heck, in art, they let me get it out to sketch it. Nowadays there's just me and a few of my friends who bring Tamas in for Break and Lunch.
Our primary school did ban them in late Year 5 though. There was a massive craze; if you didn't have one you were unpopular. They always went off in class and got taken away, someone had to wait until the end of the year to get theirs back. D:
Then in Year 6, there was a raffle and there was an unbelievable amount of Tamagotchis for sale... 2 of mine are from there.
I actually got in trouble for having the pouches stuffed in my drawer. It clogged it up. D:
There was also a 'Tama Trading' problem where people stole/swapped tamagotchis (I'd never dream of doing that.)
But overall, people accept I like tamas and they just leave me to it. ^.^

Edit: dang WHOOPS! I bumped it! D: Sorry!

Edited by RubyKuchipatchi98, 26 October 2010 - 06:24 AM.

charizard032

• charizard032 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:39 PM ( #63 )

yeah, my mom doesn't care, she just says i can't take my tamagotchi to school. but since all my tamagotchi's batteries died, i don't hear this anymore :P

kit530

• kit530 user photo

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:47 PM ( #64 )

haha back when they first came out they didn't have a problem, but when the schools banned them in 97 I begged my mom to take care of my pets for me and she actually did for awhile. I love her for doing that she would sneak off and feed them :)

My mom loves them my dad doesn't really care and I'm 21 so they can't really stop me from playing them

cutefuzz

• cutefuzz user photo

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:25 PM ( #65 )

When I was younger and had just started playing Tamagotchis, my mom would take care of them when I was at school. :B She never said I couldn't bring them to school, but I was worried some other kid would steal it so that's why I left it at home.

I'm 17 now, and they don't care that I still play with them. I can pay for my own Tamas, so I can buy whatever I want.

RedRiot

• redriot user photo

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:36 AM ( #66 )

My school allows anything. We play with cell phones in class, our math teacher tells us to use the calculator in our phones and our english teacher lets us use the dictionaries. We're allowed to listen to iPod's in class and my school is basically one of five or so that don't have uniform for there students (well they do now, they're phasing it in with the new students)in the state. I'm the only person that plays with my tamagotchi's (although I'm starting a trend B) ) so my school really doesn't care.
I'm 14 now and my mum (I'm from Australia, we don't spell it as 'mom' and people keep correcting me =_=")only bought me my latest tamagotchi for my school project and because it was on $8 clearance at kmart (nobody plays them anymore :( ), but when the tama-go comes out here I'm going to buy it for myself. My mum's never really minded, she just thinks that I'll embarrass myself or something.
I got around her by telling her how rare some of my tama's are becoming (a baby blue V1 is worth a heap online).

My primary school was fine with them but I got in trouble for looking after my V1 after I witnessed my very first matchmaker, then the pause button was invented in the V2 and that problem went away.

There was one occassion when my sister had hers stolen but it was quickly found when the girl that had taken it had kept the lanyard which my sister had 'customized' on the tamagotchi and thay my sister's name was written on the inside of the battery cover (Mum always made us do that, but I kept my name on a piece of paper inside the battery door).

Basically, my school and parent's attitude was pretty leniant to my whole tama-craze.

Edited by RedRiot, 28 October 2010 - 04:39 AM.

kuchipatchi love

• kuchipatchi-love user photo

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:52 PM ( #67 )

Haah! My friends are all guys and they are tolerant of them... and sometimes they even play with them! My parents get a little annoyed at them , but they usually ask questions and have conversations with me about them. ^.^ I love it. My sister is pretty good too.

Pantheratchi

• pantheratchi user photo

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:07 AM ( #68 )

I am 25, married and recently got into tamagotchis. But since they make me so happy, my husband is actually thinking of buying me one for Christmas :D My parents doesn't have issues either.... but I do hide my tama when somebody comes into my office at work - work colleagues are not very likely to understand the tamagotchi-thing.....