A Freakishly Hard but Cool Physics Project

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripcurl

Reaction score
I have to do a Rube Goldberg project where I make a contraption to fry an egg in 20 steps or more. I can only touch the project once to get it going, but that is it. The rest has to work on its own. I have to have it done by December 7th.

Take a look at this Honda Accord commercial. It is an example of a Rube Goldberg contraption. Even though it may appear to be fake, everything you see happened in real time exactly the way you see it. There were no computer graphics or digital tricks of any kind. It is all real. The commercial cost 6 million dollars and took 606 takes to get what you're about to see.

Honda Accord Commercial

Thats cool :) My school computer class teacher showed us something like that last year.

I have to make one of those. D: I have no idea how I'm going to do it.

Sort of. But mine was a whole lot easier. We had to make a contraption to eat speghetti. And then another year we had to make a scooter touching it only one time and it had to go a certain distance. So yeah, I guess. If you need help, please feel free to contact me.

Oh god, I love that commercial.

We had to do a similar thing in 8th grade--use five steps to bounce a ball, using at least 3 simple machines, and only touching it once.

I think we rolled the ball down a lever, which released something which did something which opened a box---blahh. All I know is we did good.

It was fun to come up with though.

I'm thinking of incorporating mentos and soda in it somewhere, lol.

That was the coolest video ever o: you have to do one of those? D: my brain would blow up from frustration if I had to make one xD

I love Rube Goldberg stuff.

But I suck at actually making one.

Try using dominoes somewhere.

They were one of the few things that worked when I tried to make one.

@the commercial: Wow. That was pretty awesome.

EDIT: typo

Last edited by a moderator:
Those kind of things always interest me c:

Random, but I remember some guy in my 1st grade drew a sketch of one of those O_O it was amazing. 1st grade... o.e The only thing I remember is he had sand poured on a toothbrush xD

Good luck :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back