I aM tHe WaLrUs

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunny_grl07

Reaction score
FOREWARNING: This is going to be a very deep blend of being serious-- and the delusional/funny. Although it's nearly stereotypical, the crazy drug trips are one of the legacies of the counter culture.

ALSO: The phrase "I am the Walrus" is the sole property of The Beatles. I do not own it in any way, shape, or form.

"I am he, as you are he, as you are me

And we are all together

See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.

I'm crying.

Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.

Corporation tee-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday.

Man, you been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long.

I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.

I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob."

Years: The tremulous years of the counter culture in America.

---This isn't what you had expected, is it?

New york City, the big Apple. Whether you're a newcomer, or you have lived there your entire life, nothing is right. Is it a lack of money, or companionship, or failed dreams? Maybe it's all of that smooshed together. But whatever it is, it makes life harder.

You want to be a part of something worthwhile. You want to be different. You want to be heard, to have fun, to live outside the box.

-----Meet the Counter Culture~

This is the response to being conservative. Radical new ideas, crazy propaganda, racy topics- it makes us thrive. Welcome to the world your parents/guardians never wanted you to enter.

From musicians to artists to average Joes, they're all blended in.

This is your story. The story of being different, finding your dreams, learning about life-- all while facing opposition from every side. And the demons that torment you.

The Form (Yes, it is a necessary evil)

Name:

Appearance: (Try not to use anime. If you can't find a picture you like, a description will suffice.)

Personality: (3-4 sentences at least, if you please)

Other:

**If you have any other information you would like to provide, or that I might have left out, please, go ahead and add it! If I left something out, let me know! =)

THE RULES! (Another necessary evil)

1. Tamatalk rules apply.

2. Mary Sues/ Gary Stus= NO

3. 3 sentences at least for your post. If you have writer's block, let us know.

4. You need to use proper grammar and spelling. If we can't read what you post, how is the RP actually going to work?

5. No vampires/ magical creatures. Superpowers and stuff are a big no-no.

6. HOWEVER, mysticism plays into the counter culture. Stuff such as references to nature and spiritualism are okay.

7. Multiple characters are okay! Just keep it reasonable.

8. Have fun!

**I will post my form in a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Eric McClintock

Appearance: Eric's not your typical good looking guy. His eyes are hazel, more green than brown. His hair is long, blonde and shaggy, going nearly down to his shoulders. He's tall and scrawny, with skin that's medium fair. He has a very rugged looking demeanor, but it hides a nice guy. His usual attire is a pair of jeans and a worn out t-shirt, and some sandals. Suits? Who needs 'em?

Personality: Eric's a very laid back guy. He tries not to let things get to him often, although if it builds up, he can go into fits of rage. It could partially be due to some sort of addiction, although we aren't sure if he's into that sort of thing. He can also be perceived as lazy-- which he finds fitting. He loves music, especially his guitar. He tries not to go anywhere without it.

Other: He left home when he was 17, because he couldn't handle his parents' high expectations. His sister went along with him, and still is with him today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Lucy McClintock

Appearance: Lucy is the stereotypical pretty girl, with long blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. Unlike her brother, she's fairly short, but she is just as skinny. Normally she will wear jeans, a t-shirt, and some form of skirt or pants. Like her brother, she's not into what the high end sophisticated people are wearing. Comfort over looks.She also wears funky accessories.

Personality: Lucy, still very young and missing home, is quite shy when you first get to know her. But if you can see past that facade, she is really a very nice person, and a good friend. However, she can be overly sensitive, and take words the wrong way. She also tends to shy away from conflicts and problems, more so than her brother. She enjoys singing and reading, and loves intellectualism. She's sharp.

Other: Although her parents were upset, she left with her brother anyway. She was dying to see New York, and to make a new life for herself.

Run! It's the failer of Roleplay! -shot- xD sorry if i epically fail.

Name: Morgan Marie Meyers

Appearance: This completely tiny girl has brilliantly red,curly hair that would look horrendous on anyone except her. Her eyes are a pure emerald green and big, especially when trying to look innocent. Her frame is skinny, almost too skinny for a normal 16 year old girl. She is only 5 feet and 5 inches, but makes herself taller by wearing heels almost constantly. Her fashion sense is border-line sleezy, with skinny jeans and off-the-shoulder tops.

Personality: Morgan is quite independant, but mischeivous. She likes to find trouble, though she always says it comes to her. She is rather persuasive when needed, and can charm her way out of anything in the world, even jail. Yes, Morgan sweet talked a police officer out of arresting her.

Other: Is really very smart, and can do mathmatical equations very quickly. She also dances. Ballet, surprisingly. In her bag she always has an extra leotard and pointe shoes.

I might add another charrie later, but now I only have time for one.

Don't worry about it!

Right now, I just need people to join. The ones who really thrive will stay. =)

Eric was sitting at a bus stop, watching rain clouds form in the sky. But to him, they almost looked like black cotton candy, or wool from a sheep. His guitar was on the ground next to the bench, placed delicately, as if it was a person, waiting for the afternoon route. Idly picking at his fingernails, he turned his concentration away from the sky, and at the army ad that was pasted to the wall of the brick building across the street. He shuddered involuntarily. Fighting was something he preferred to live without. Not that he didn't support those who did. It just wasn't made for him.

Morgan was walking to the bus stop, almost looking innocent. Her messenger bag came down to her mid-thigh, and kept hitting her leg. "God dxmnit...." she muttered, trying to adjust it. She got to the stop and looked at the bench, seeing a guitar sitting next to a young man. She narrowed her eyes slightly. She blinked and then asked quietly, "May I sit there, or is the guitar some unknown god?"

Eric looked up at the young woman who was speaking to him, and raised one eyebrow. "Uh.... sure, you can sit here, I guess..." He replied awkwardly, moving his guitar to make room for her. He sat it at his feet, so he could be able to guard it. One never knew when a thief could drop in. He then went back to looking at the poster across the street. "I WANT YOU" it read.

Yeah, me and every other man in this whole country.... he thought numbly.

Morgan pulled out a gun and shot at the army poster. Morgan sat quietly, which was unusual for her. She noticed that the boy didn't seen to like the Uncle Sam poster. That was bizare to her, though she didn't like it much either. She looked at the boy again, guessing he was about 18 or 19. "I'm Morgan," she said quietly. Her green eyes flickered to the young man's face, then to the ground. This kind of behavior was very unusual for Morgan. She's usually the loud one.

"Eric," he replied calmly, his gaze solely focused on the stupid poster. He thought Uncle Sam looked more like an accusing father or grandfather rather than a man appealing for aid from the men he represented. He remembered the war stories his father told. He didn't miss them, he didn't like them. He thought it was sick. But, then again, what could Eric do? It was done and over with.

Ackk.. I'm going to make a failure form, as per usual xD

And yet another male character, it seems. I really should be a bit more adventurous at some point..

Name: Rupert Asher Scott

Appearance: Rupert has tousled jet black hair and mysterious blue-grey eyes. People sometimes find it unnerving to have him look straight at them, as if he could see straight through you. They're also his most expressive feature, his personality usually included in this, too. He's taller and better built than the average guy his age. He wears a varied array of clothing, sometimes it could simply jeans and a t-shirt, other times it's button down shirts with a pair of black pants. He's often seen in a black suit jacket- and even a leather jacket- over his plainer t-shirts. For someone who doesn't like to attract too much attention to himself, he's quite fashion conscious. Maybe it's his mysterious look and nature is either what makes him attractive, or scares people a little bit.

Personality: Rupert prefers to express his feelings through actions rather than words, and art is his favourite way to do that. His apartment is full of his own paintings and he was well known at his old town and school for his work. Moving to the big city has been a big change for him after living in a small town all of his life. It was always something he's wanted to do, but it was a bit different to what he'd expected. He's quiet and mysterious, and people can find that unnerving, and although he's usually a man of few words you can have an incredibly intelligent conversation with him should he choose to start one with you, and most find him to be quite a nice guy. Few words, big impact, perhaps; he's incredibly charming in the way he speaks to you. Just don't anger him. He's incredibly sensitive to what people say about him or about others, and that shows through if you're not careful with your words.

Other: He actually hates being called Rupert. Everywhere he goes, he is called by his second name, Asher; even by his parents who, after some years, came to understand his distaste for his name.

Plus, he's a vampire xDDD

Lucy was in Central park, just sitting on a park bench. She pulled out a black umbrella as it began to rain, smiling slightly. She had always loved the rain. It was refreshing, and she loved to see the people scurry inside, like ants or other bugs. She could easily imagine herself flying high above them, her laughter the thunder, and she was the one pouring the rain. She'd have to write a song about it for Eric.

Asher stared out of the wall length window of his new apartment. He smiled at the sight of the rain spitting onto the glass; he seemed to like the rain almost as much as the sun- if not more, in fact. He felt like going out into it, and having a look around; he was yet to really explore the city since he'd just moved and now seemed like a good time to do it. He pulled on his coat and took the lift to the bottom floor.

Lucy suddenly closed her umbrella, exposing herself to the rain. "Are you crazy!?" A homeless guy yelled at her from his box, shaking his fist.

But Lucy just ignored him. She tilted her face to the sky, basking in the cold and wet falling from above. I pour the buckets over their heads. I love to see them run away, into the darkest corners of the city. There they go, there they go. And when I feel...... Hm. That was all she could think of, for that moment.

Asher, completely clueless as to where he could be going just decided to follow his mind, allowing it to take him wherever it lead to without hesitation. Droplets of rain glistened at the ends of his raven hair, and had the sun decided to peep through the clouds-- which it didn't--, it surely would have sparkled. He didn't have to ask to know where his wandering had taken him; it was quite obviously Central Park. He stood at the gates, not entirely sure whether to go in or head somewhere else. He took the first option.

Lucy let out a sigh of contentment, thinking about how her day had been thus far. For a Saturday, it had been pretty uneventful. Which, actually was quite common for her. Since she and Eric didn't have very much money, they mainly spent Saturdays walking around by themselves, or hanging out in their "run down" apartment. It actually wasn't too bad, she mused. Besides, she was still touching up her own room.

Asher almost wished he'd brought something to draw with, the only problem would have been the rain itself, which would have fallen on the paper and wrinkled it, no doubt. He sat on a bench, looking as if he were prepared to sit all day and watch the world go by. With eyes like that, some people were almost convinced that's what he did do all day.

Lucy finally opened her eyes, staring up at the masses of clouds, still pouring rain. She sat up straight, running her fingers through her wet hair. She laughed quietly, thinking of what kind of joke Eric would make when she got home. She didn't remember where he had said he was going today. But she knew he could take care of himself. But then she noticed a young man, sitting on a bench not too far away. She stared at him, but without much intensity. She had just never really seen someone else who would just sit in the rain.

Asher smiled, looking up at the sky and allowing the rain to hit his face. It was odd how something so simple made you feel so free. He had no idea that someone's eyes were upon him as he continued to watch the rolling clouds through squinted eyes.

Lucy was even more surprised to see the young man enjoying himself. Most people scowled at the rain, cursed it. And it made her smile to see that he was doing what she had been doing only a few moments before. She moved her hair out of her face, still gazing at him. He was almost scary but... well, he was one of the very few attractive guys she had seen at the park.

Asher ran a hand through his hair, and then over his wet face, tilting his head forward again. He saw the girl who'd been watch him for the first time. He resisted the urge to frown and just looked away-- down at his shoes. He always felt awkward when people watched him.

Lucy instantly felt bad. She'd been gawking at him, which she was sure he didn't appreciate. She looked away as well, back up at the sky. She opened her mouth and stuck out her tongue, catching raindrops on it. She wondered how come rainwater tasted better than water from the sink. She'd have to look it up sometime at the library. But the card catalogue was huge... ah well. She'd have to worry about it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back