- - - - -

How do your tamas feel to you?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• kiaratchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:47 PM ( #69 )

So, I just started the 2nd generation of my first tama ever - a music star. And I must confess.......ever since I was little I wanted to have a tama, but now that I'm 25 and happily married, I bought my first one. I would never have guessed how attached I would get to it.......so I would say that my tamagotchi is a really great comforting companion, especially during the day at work when I'm stuck alone in my office :mimitchi:

• bannasplit22 user photo

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:37 PM ( #70 )

they are my best freinds and when i am sad they always cheer me up -_-

• rubykuchipatchi98 user photo

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:55 AM ( #71 )

My tamas are like loyal companions to me. Whenever I'm in a bad mood, they cheer me up. I always make sure they're OK, if they're not I tend to them straight away. I don't have all that many friends IRL, so it's definately nice to have a tamagotchi to comfort me. I've been playing them since the 90's, and I still love them to this day. I know it might be a toy, but they're MY special toys :P I would hate it if anything bad ever happened to mine. I always put mine on the side of my bed, on the cabinet before I go to sleep. I love tamas so much. :D

• yellowmoodtama user photo

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:41 AM ( #72 )

They definitely feel more like friend than a toy to me. I feel like a mom when I'm playing with them :huh: But another thing is that they're almost better than real friends because they won't stab you in the back, lie to you, etc. (that doesn't mean I don't have real friends lol). You can always count on tamas to be there for you. Unless you take bad care of them and they die... :angry:

• jazz197 user photo

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:09 PM ( #73 )

Hiyo Guys,
At the start, i thought they were just another electronic fad and i only bought one because my friends all had one, but now with my tama id,i have grown close to every tama i own and i treat them like friends. :) :) :) :)

• mimitchi-love user photo

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:29 PM ( #74 )

I guess I am not a very sentimental person XD but I treat it like a game. and i like it because it is so cute. The graphics have definitely improved over the years

• memetchi7 user photo

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:50 AM ( #75 )

Lolz my tama is basicly like one of my best friends [apart from kuchipatchi love] I love my tama ALOT and our friendship level is pretty high!!! I bond with my tama a great deal and always check up on it like every 5 mins.

Dont think me as over-obsessed!!! because i dont think i am too obsessed but im mot certainly into them!!!

My tama is my companion i would be absoulutely horrified if it died!!! :D :furawatchi: :furawatchi:

• alicefly user photo

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:24 AM ( #76 )

I don't treat my Tmagotchis like human friends- I view them more as pets. They make me feel like I'm needed, and like I have a responsibility to nurture them, even though I know they aren't really alive.

I guess it's because I've never been able to get a real pet, I craved something that needed my care.

I do grow unreasonably attatched to them. I've had at least one attatched to me since I was 7 and they first came out- I've never grown out of them. Now they are familiar and comforting because they remind me of my childhood. And when I'm worried, or stressed out with work, I look at the little blob rolling around on the screen and it sort of reminds me that there's a lot of nonsense in life, but sometimes a carefree attitude is best :huh:

Another thought I had when I was a teenager was about Biology class at school. You learn that in order for it to be classified as alive, a creature must do these things: grow, respire, move, consume and excrete. The only thing they don't do is respire (breathe), so I guess they are 80% alive XD
  • sumotty likes this

• lexigotchi user photo

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:55 AM ( #77 )

I refer to them as pets.
like Alicefly said.
And I do look forward to them every day.

• stackedrubbish user photo

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:06 PM ( #78 )

My tamagotchis are more like pets/games. I mean, I used to think of them as a companion when I was younger, yes, but over the years it changed. Tamas come and go, and it's really fun taking care of a new generation and so on. I have to admit, I feel heartbroken when they die, but it's always exciting to start new with another character :huh:

• owl user photo

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:46 AM ( #79 )

Here's my formula:

Tamagotchi = friend.

A friend who's dependent on you, but doesn't drag you down. A friend who listens to all of your problems, but never interrupts. A friend who can be there by your side when you are ill, but never once worries about catching what you have. A friend that's always willing to play a game, but never grows tired or weary of simplicity. A friend who will let you have your distance when you need it, whether the stillness of the distance lasts a day or a year, but is absolutely more than willing to take you back when you are ready. A friend who will always be there for you no matter what the circumstance. A friend who doesn't judge, but instead loves you for who you are - whoever you are.

Go ahead, hold it up to your ear. Close your eyes and listen.

Tamagotchi = friend.

Friend that has a heartbeat just like you do.
  • sumotty likes this

• nightpelttogetchi user photo

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:34 AM ( #80 )

I treat my Tamas like my best friends. I carry them almost everywhere(Except for school which is where therre is a risk of having someone stealing them or having the teacher confiscate them). The only time I treat them like a bunch of pixels forming a picture is when they run out of batteries, so I give them their medication (Battery!) and they're back! Whenever they run out of batteries I imagine that they go back to tamaplanet :lol:

Top 10 Things:
1. Tamagotchi v6 - Umlaut, Shimashimatchi
2. Tamagotchi v4 - Vilia, Violetchi
3. TamaGo - Shelltchi
4. My long lost Tamagotchi v4 (I really like it, but it is currently buried underneath all of my junk)
5. Kitty - my cat
6. The computer
7. my plushie red panda called Katie ;)
8. Jade necklace
9. Bed :blink:
10. My best friends. ;)

Edited by .:Nightpelt~Togetchi:., 10 November 2010 - 02:37 AM.

• maruten user photo

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:35 PM ( #81 )

Well, I know for a fact that this topic has been going back and forth.
I must say, I love my tamagotchis like children. I'm 13 and I don't think I could ever think of them as "Just plastic" I like that one comment stating that if they don't feel like family, You aren't truly enjoying the idea. They were made so people like us, could take care of and nurture, and love, just like a baby. I mean, it's amazing that a toy can make you feel like you have a mini family. I love my tamagotchis and no one can take the feeling away. Tonight, I will kiss my Memetchi, Dazzilitchi, and Gozarutchi goodnight, as I have every other.

• chibioddish user photo

Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:48 AM ( #82 )

They are my pets and my friends, I cant have pets since they aren't allowed to stay with you in the psych ward, but tamagotchis are ok. I also dont have many "real friends", there are some I talk to online but my social phobia stops me from making friends, that and the fact that since I'm retired becuase of shizophrenia (I'm 24 by the way) I don't have many opportunities to get to know peope since the ones in the psych ward are usually like... 50-60? Way older then me and much more mature (I'm kind of a child in my mind).

So, my tamagotchis are my friends and pets, sometimes I'm too ill to take care of them but that's what pause is for isn't it? ;) I just wish they would sleep like me, I mean, most of the time I only get like 3 hours of sleep, and sometimes I sleep like WAY longer, like 16 hours or so, but that's pretty rare. So eighter they are sleeping when I want their company, or they are beeping like crazy but get ignored because I'm sleeping (I hear them but then I fall asleep again).

• burntsnow user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:14 PM ( #83 )

I treat them like living things, until I have an excuse when I'm really busy.

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:23 AM ( #84 )

I've had Tamagotchis for quite some time but I don't think I've ever been as attached to them as I am now. Not in a creepy, locked up in my room, never see the sunlight kind of way. :D It's really interesting. I first started collecting in 1999 and never did it occur to me that I would have the collection I have now. My interest waned a bit and then I got back into them again in 2007, when I first joined this site. I didn't REALLY start collecting until about a year or two ago actually. Up until now, I considered them as just a pet, maybe even as a friend. I consider them as a kind of friend now for sure, but they've been growing on me more, and I consider them as if they are actual young that I'm caring for.

mimitchi ^o^

• mimitchi-o user photo

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:09 AM ( #85 )

I agree with old school. My tamas are like children. The v1's through v4's just get me jumpy to play them because they have the most interesting characters, (besides my iD and hexagon) Im just attached to this stuff! :D :D