New Japanese Tamagotchi (for late 2009?)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

binary

Reaction score
Available colors will be Blue, Green, Pink, Purple, White, Yellow.

Below is a rough translation of the original Japanese source. (Thank you tarokaja for pointing this out to us.) Some details are probably mis-interpretted, so don't get upset if the final product isn't as described here.

New communication system that you'll want to show off!

New for Tamagotchi:

* Changeable accessory (shell?)

* Characters personality can be altered.

* You can keep the same character forever.

* You can overwrite existing games and items with new ones by downloading them.

New Tamagotchi Memory

* Change accessories to make your our Lovelitchi

* Download items from DekaTama

* Download new minigames through Cell Phone

* Download new wallpaper through Cell Phone

* It's lots more fun to connect Tamagotchis to each other

Whatever you want to download, you can download to make this into your original Tamagotchi.

* Unlike older Tamagotchi models, you can download data and overwrite as many times as you like.

As you customise more and more, you'll become attached to your character.

Instead of aging quickly from baby to adult. Now there's a friend stage. That's when you can use the new download function and influence their personality.

Improved Tamagotchi lifestyle!

Your Tamagotchi can go to a restaurant, go to a photo studio. In your garden, there's a mailbox for receiving letters.

Note: No, I don't know if there will be an English version. The Japanse one isn't even being sold yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always liked the idea of being able to update tamagotchis- but there's just a few problems...

1. A big tamagotchi like that could have some BIG glitches.

2. New downloadable content could mean that there will be no new tamagotchi releases ever again...

3. It will probably only be released in Japan.

If it is only released in Japan, I wouldn't mind. At the moment, I'm liking Music star more.

Sounds very neat. My best friend is going to Japan in April 2010, so if they're out then I'm going to have to get her to pick me up one of these (I was SUPPOSED to go to Japan then too, but I didn't have the money - unemployment is no fun, but nevermind that).

It's about 5,000 yen, right? Which is equivalent to about $50.00 USD?

^ Yeah, which is about the same for the color, pretty reasonable to me!

*flail* I hope it's released in time for Christmas, I want one so bad & can't wait!

EDIT: IT WILL BE RELEASED NOVEMBER 23, 2009!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Why is that bad? You can ask for the new one for Christmas :D

wow.New one already!I havent even get the tamagotchi color (the first version).And i want to get the hexagotchi too.And now there this version.

WOW! THTS RETARDED CUZ THEY SHOULD SELL IT TO US TOO NOT JUST THEM JAPANIESE PEOPLES

:)

WOW! THTS RETARDED CUZ THEY SHOULD SELL IT TO US TOO NOT JUST THEM JAPANIESE PEOPLES :)
yah it is not fair they get all the good styff and beter charecters

How much does it cost? If I get money for christmas, Maybe I can get one!

^ About $50 USD, but I don't know how much sellers on ebay are going to mark that up ;)

I want the pink one and its so cute that they have added Loveiltchi to the new Tamagotchi! I wonder if the other three Tamagotchis off the Tamagotchi The TV Show are on it!? ^_^

WOW! THTS RETARDED CUZ THEY SHOULD SELL IT TO US TOO NOT JUST THEM JAPANIESE PEOPLES :eek:
Because it's so wrong that the country that created, developed, and produced Tamagotchi gets to come up with new and exciting ideas? :eek:

Instead of being mad at Japan, you should be mad at Bandai America, who know very well that the Plus Color and TiD would be too expensive for the Tamagotchi target audience and, coupled with costs from translating and localizing the virtual pets, would not be able to turn a profit for Bandai.

On a more positive note, this is definitely one of the most interesting Tamagotchi pets to date, and I can't wait to grab one off the internet as soon as possible. :eek:

~OM21

I didn't see any thing on the official home page... Hmm..

According to that website you provided, it said you can download the stuff from phones, which I'm guessing will not work anywhere else other than Japan... :)

The design is very cute though! I might consider buying one..

If I understand (the press release), this is how the download feature will work:

(1) navigate to https://tama-id.com/ (site opens Nov.7.2009) on your cellphone's browser.

(2) download the desired item from the site into your cellphone.

(3) transfer the desired item from your cellphone to the Tamagotchi-iD using the cellphone's infrared port. (I can imagine this feature is supported on only certain cellphone models.)

I don't think it'd work on phones for other places, the Japanese phones have some different functions.

I do hope it will work though, it never hurts to try! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back