My Sisters Keeper

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some how i didn't cry when i read the book. I maybe didnt really understand what was going on. But when i watched the movie, especially the part where she got to go to the beach for the first and last time, i cried for half an hour. Its so sad when she goes to the beach cuz she dies the next day

I haven't seen this movie, actually. Is it good?

I saw previews, and it looked good. But sometimes movies aren't as good as the previews make them seem.

So I was just wondering.

The movie was good, but if you've read the book and you compare them, the book is five times better, to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
my mum took me to watch it! the most freakiest thing when she spews blood and blood runs down here nose! creeped me out for days! :angry:

my mum took me to watch it! the most freakiest thing when she spews blood and blood runs down here nose! creeped me out for days! :)
no the freakiest thing is what she looks like just before she dies. i have watched it so many times, that i dont even flinch when she starts vomiting. i think it is a bit sad when she is wheeled out of the room with blood all down her face. its rally sad to think that anyone so beautiful and kind can be that sick. THANK GOD SOFIA VASSILIEVA IS ALIVE! omg as im writing this im listening to the last day on earth buy kate miller heidke. just made me sadder.\

*cries unstoppably*

i think the directing was great. the way Sofia spoke was great.

There was one particular line towards the end which made me cry. It was where Kate gives Sara the scrapbook. It goes like this

SARA: What is it?

KATE: ...It's everything.

That made me cry so much. that particular line was just so moving and i have no idea why. I obviously cried during this.

ANNA (off camera): My sister died that night. She just stopped breathing.

Soooooo sad.

i heard there is a different ending and it goes like this- her sister that has no cancer gets run over by a car then her liver gets transplanted to her sister with cancer and then she becomes healthy and lives :D thats what people have told me happens in the book they said they didnt show it in the movie because it would be to much for people to handle or somthing like that.

[SIZE=7pt]Whatever idiot changed the ending needs a slap. What was wrong with the ending in the book? It was 5x as entertaining then the movie. I loved the book. It was my third book I read by Jodi Picoult. She's a stunning writer, and most of her movies for her books are horrible. I wish she could get some nice directors : [[/SIZE]

Wait a minute, what the heck.

I didn't watch the movie, but after reading your comments, I'm confused now.

The book didn't end that way. Anna was the one that died from a car accident and Kate lived. It was ironic because Anna finally won the law suit for medical emancipation and then she was struck in a car with her lawyer.

[SIZE=7pt]^ You know, I was reading about the ending. Picoult apparently didn't agree with Kate dying because she was trying to send people a message with Anna's death, but the directors chose a more Hollywood-esque ending because it was cheaper.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=7pt]Well. For starters, another problem they had was that the ending wouldn't seem realistic since every was expecting Kate to die.[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back