The Ethics of Tamagotchi;

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nazochi

Reaction score
I've been thinking. Are tamagotchis really a virtual fake pet? Or do they truly represent life? I mean, we as living beings show happiness, sadness, anger, hunger, and tiredness. Don't tamagotchis do the same thing? :( Then I thought, 'there is no chemical reaction in a tamagotchi's brain that produces serotin, nor are they 3-dimensional'. But in a way, the program in the caseing really does have to think and show outward appearences, along with inner 'hidden' bodily and spiritual needs :lol: . Is it really right to mistreat a tamagotchi for a certain appearence :eek: ? Where do the tama's go when they die :huh: ? Do you think they really are more than pixel displays ;) ? Or am I crazy :lol: ? Post here about your thoughts on the concept, and answers to the above questions.

Remember: Don't just state your opinion, tell why!

I think the Tamagotchi is a reasonable hand-drawn fascimilie of life for the approxamite retail price of 20.00 CAD.

I mean, in Star Trek: TNG, Data isn't considered human, even when he gets his emotion chip. But I suppose he doesn't create waste. But, Tamagotchi waste isn't within the realm of the tangible.... I need to think about this more then post again :X

I think somewere inside the programing there is a REAL living tamagotchi and it shows up on the screen so it can be taken care of...BUT THEN AGAIN I AM CRAZY! :lol: Lol!

When you start a Tamagotchi or most other virtual pets, they are not created in that particular tama. They are called to live in that egg for a while.

They do not die, they leave.

When you start a Tamagotchi or most other virtual pets, they are not created in that particular tama. They are called to live in that egg for a while.

They do not die, they just go home.

That is basically the original story of Tamagotchi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back