[NEWS]bandai taking tama v2s off the market!?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tama_grl

Reaction score
OMG!

In australia they are saying that they are taking v2s off the maket!!!

They recon that the slot game teaches kids gambling!!!!

It was on "National Nine News"!!!!!!!!!! :gozarutchi: :mimitchi: :( :rolleyes: :lol: :chohimetchi: :ichigotchi: :furawatchi: :pochitchi: :mametchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw that, it's absolute crap. Stupid Ray Martin right? Always looking for something to complain about.

They tried to do that with Neopets too, stupid stupid media and their hunger for stories

you have to be joking i hate that stupid person who started it and band tamagotchis

i'm glad that we all got are tamagotchis early before they got band.all the media are is

power hungry and always want to start on a fight with perfectly good toys if you no

what i mean.... :marumimitchi:okay if anyone finds out more please tell me!!!!!

I just looked for the article on the National Nine News website, couldn't find anything.

And there hasn't been any new news since Nick Xenophon made his complaints on the 3rd of August...

I don't think they're going to take Tamagotchi off the shelves just because one looney MLP has made a complaint about it.

Relax :lol:

im a oz fan of tamas and i love my tama and i was planning of gettin a second one but now i cant

Has there been an OFFICIAL press release from Bandai saying they've been taken off the shelves? Was this report that they WILL be taken off shelves, or they're still THREATENING?

Any way, I'm going to give my local Toys R Us a call and see what the deal is (and see if they're getting Tamagotchi Minis soon :lol: )

I am also an Aussie person.

I am disturbed by the situation at hand. I also watched a simular storie on the seven network. I an sorry, but i think it is rediculas.

Even if they do come off the shelves down under (Have they yet?), They'll put them back on. Don't worry, demands high for tamagotchi's.

I doubt they have - I've seen plenty in stock in Canberra over the last week. I think it'd only be after Bandai removed the "slot" game that they'd be allowed back on shelves, if they have been taken off, like GTA and Hot Coffee.

I'm quite upset about the prospect about Tamagotchi being taken off. I already have 5 of the Version 2s, since they're my absolute favourite, and I want more! I don't want this interfering with the release of the Tamagotchi Mini either!!

I'm in the US, but this does kinda sound ridiculous. Tamagotchi is nearly the most popular toy in the world, if not THE most popular. ONE idiotic MLP isn't going to stop that. If he does manage to, the Tamagotchi fans in Australia might either revolt or start an underground community. ;) But I seriously think they're only threatening Australia. Don't worry. If BanDai states in a press release that they're actually going to ban, then you can worry. :furawatchi:

Well if they do want to take tamagotchis of the shelves thell have to take me off them 1st!!!!!!!1

That's ridiculous!!

I'm from US by the way...

I bet you can find Plenty, PLENTY more places where you use fake money for gambling. Lets say neopets... (I'm not a anti-neopets or n e thing!) :p

I really hate stupid people who take the fun out of something because "its not educational" hope i spelled that right o.x, anyways thats just...can't say it hear bad language

Oh dear...tama teaches gambling. Pretty soon there'll be a complaint about them teaching kids to give poop in a box to their friends.

Aug. 15, 2005 Austrailia - A 73 year old woman is trying to get a ban on Tamagotchi virtual pets because she believes that they teach kids about exchanging drugs, sex and STDs.

According to a police report, she ha dpurchased a TCv2 (Tamagotchi Connection Version 2) for her grandson, but got concerned when he connected his Tama with another Tama and got sick. She also expressed concern when the Tamas exchanged their own fecies. It got worse when she heard that the Tamagotchis had babies and expressed her concerns on what the boy had seen.

"These toys...are terrible for our youth," she complains, "If we want to have children grow up to be successful, these things should be ridden of immedietly."

Reports say that she's teming up with No Pokies MP Nick Xenophon, who also wants Tamagotchis banned because of the "slot game" available on the virtual pet. They request that the toy be given an R ration. Tamagotchis currently have a G rating.

Yeah right :D

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A REAL NEWS ARTICLE. I MADE IT UP.

Aug. 15, 2005 Austrailia - A 73 year old woman is trying to get a ban on Tamagotchi virtual pets because she believes that they teach kids about exchanging drugs, sex and STDs.
According to a police report, she ha dpurchased a TCv2 (Tamagotchi Connection Version 2) for her grandson, but got concerned when he connected his Tama with another Tama and got sick. She also expressed concern when the Tamas exchanged their own fecies. It got worse when she heard that the Tamagotchis had babies and expressed her concerns on what the boy had seen.

"These toys...are terrible for our youth," she complains, "If we want to have children grow up to be successful, these things should be ridden of immedietly."

Reports say that she's teming up with No Pokies MP Nick Xenophon, who also wants Tamagotchis banned because of the "slot game" available on the virtual pet. They request that the toy be given an R ration. Tamagotchis currently have a G rating.

Yeah right :ichigotchi:
AUUUGGGHHHH :D :ichigotchi: :ichigotchi:

I can't help but laugh at it though... R rated tamagotchis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back