The Perks Of Being A Wallflower

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinderpelt

Reaction score
I didn't see a topic on this.

So yeah, I really, really needed a new good book to read... and both my almost significant other and an acquaintance highly highly highly recommended it.

I got it for Christmas, started reading it at about 1AM last night... and I finished it after dinner this evening.

Just over twelve hours, and you know I wasn't reading the entire time.

Either way, the book was INCREDIBLE. Probably my favorite book everr (next to MAYBE My Sister's Keeper... it's close, and I'm still absorbing The Perks Of Being A Wallflower).

The book is very emotional, very raw, and very relateable. And also pretty explicit in some parts and probably not suitable for younger readers.

But it was absolutely amazing... and the ending was like WOW. I had to read the "revelation" part again to make sure I read it correctly.

Anywayyy, has anyone else read it? I wanna discuss :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read it for about sixish months now, but I remember loving it.

:D

It's a good book. I love the way it's written.

Now that you bring it up, I'll probably borrow it from my firend again.

It's incredibly well written. And it's just so relateable and everything... I can't get over it.

I might have to read it again now. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh. I should probably mention how much I loved the poem in the book.

That poem seriously hit me and made me think. I still don't know who it's by or what it's called, or if Chbosky himself wrote it.

I don't know. I might have to look that up.

But the poem was tremendous. I read it three or four times to make sure I understood it fully... it really does make you think. It's so real.

I read it once and I was like OOO:

I just sat there and stared at the last verse for like a good five minutes before putting the book down.

Oh my. D:

I've never read this book before, but now I have to. Katie, you're so good at intriguing me. xD

Let me go check my school's library website to see if they have it in. -must read book-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back