Pizza is beautiful

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*LoVeLy.SwAn.23*

Reaction score
BTW I was too lazy to finish the rest...

So here it is:

Pizza is beautiful. Pizza is delicious. Pizza is appetizing. Pizza is alluring. Pizza is a four letter word. Pizza is nicely decorated. Pizza is like a wedding cake. Pizza smells good most of the time, but other times it is just plain nasty. And when the dough is soft and not fully prepared yet, anyone would be disgusted and their first reaction to it would be, “Ew, this is disgusting!” Why would anyone want to eat raw pizza? In fact, thinking about pizza makes me want to gag.

Once upon a time, my family loved to make pizza. But oh no, I’m not talking about making it from scratch. I’m talking about frozen TV dinners. I’m talking about those TV dinners that are mistaken for dinner, but they have a lot of preservatives added to them. But astoundingly, they taste good, which also surprises me because I don’t like TV dinners.

Making pizza is something I do because my mom taught me how to do it when I was young. I’ve been making pizza ever since. But last time my mom cooked something, our house burned down. And that was not a long time ago. I mean, the experience was quite tough on us at first, but we managed find a nicer apartment to stay in right now.

My Mom and my Dad also have problems with me. We always eat take-out food and me and my brother always get tired of it. Every time I offer to make dinner, my mom tells me not to do it. But I make dinner anyways when she’s not looking. Then when she smells the Lasagna coming from the kitchen, she always yells “Leslie, don’t burn the down the house!”

Usually she gets annoyed by little things like this, but oddly, she didn’t seem to be as concerned last time I made dinner. She didn’t even bother to order anything last night.

This afternoon, I was busy waiting on the kitchen table, ready to eat. Mom still wasn’t ordering any take out food to eat. It was like she was depending on me to cook something for the family tonight. So I called my cousin Eddy and asked if he could make a surprise visit tomorrow night so we could make a pizza for the entire family to eat!

I admire Eddy because he has a passion for cooking and he always invents something new. He even made a special appearance on the food network the other day! What I really like about him is how modest he is. He makes the best deserts. Before we moved into our apartment, he used to spend a lot of time cooking with my mom. She was the reason he was such a chef in the first place!

Anyways, so Eddy and I thought it would be a good idea to come over today. He’s always so helpful around the house. But we only had one problem. Eddy and I didn’t discuss what type of pizza we wanted to make. He wanted pepperoni but I suggested something a little more exotic. He asked me if I like Hawaiian pizza and I said I loved Hawaiian pizza, but I wanted it to be a little more mixed. So he asked me what type of toppings would I like to add to my pizza and I told him that I only liked spicy food. He asked me what would I like the most in a pizza and I said that I would like to make the crust of the pizza taste like I cookie. He asked what type of cookie. I told him I wanted the crust to taste like a gingerbread cookie!

As strange as it sounds, Eddy was determined to make this pizza taste amazing. We spent hours drawing illustrations of the pizza and trying different combinations for the sauce. Every time we tried something new, it just didn’t seem to taste good enough. We tried… with …. He didn’t like it. We tried … with … and I hated it. We tried … with … I liked it but he thought something was missing, so he added a bit of pepper sauce. It tasted horrible!

So by the time it was 9 o clock, mom came into the kitchen and she was horrified! She begged us to stop cooking in the kitchen. I mean, we really cared about her and we would do anything she would tell us to do, but she should know that she should not mess with two chefs in the kitchen!

I got really mad and flicked some pepper at her, but I didn’t mean to get it in her eye. Then she reacted differently. She took a handful of flour and dumped it in the pizza dough and said “How would you like it if I did this to the pizza?” and, being as angry as I was, I said “It makes no difference. The dough was too soft anyways, and you know how I hate handling dough.” Then I flicked flour in her face and said “You probably needed it. Your face is too oily anyways.” That’s when the fight started. She did everything to get me mad. She yelled at me, she scolded me, and she even told me that I couldn’t cook! That’s where she crossed the line. We stared at each other with anger and it looked like we were about to beat each other up. That’s when Eddy said “I’m leaving” and my mom pointed to the door and said “LEAVE!”

As soon as he put his shoes on, I said “Eddy, wait! Mom, calm down! We started something and we need to finish it. Now will you please let us finish making the pizza!”

Then I whispered into Eddy’s ear “Finish the pizza while I talk to my mom.”

Eddy went straight to work and I said to mom “Lets take this into another room.”

So we continued our conversation there.

Mom said, “What were you thinking!”

I responded politely, “MOM! I know what I’m doing. I’m just trying to do something good for the family!”

Mom said, “You know. Before we moved in I spent day and night trying to cook something for you guys because I was just trying to quotation ‘Do something good for the family’ end quotation. But I didn’t even get a thank you. All I got was “Ew mom, this looks disgusting” or “What is this?” Not a thank you! But I kept cooking for you guys because I loved you. Everyday was the same thing. Then finally, I gave up. One day, I was making a new recipe for the family, but I was so depressed that I lost track of time and guess what? The house caught on fire. How do you think I’m going to react when somebody tells me that they’re going to cook in the kitchen and do my job!!”

As mom turned around to see what was happening with Eddy was in the kitchen, she saw Eddy flicking seasoning everywhere and making a big fuss about everything. He was in another one of his moods.

Mom then covered her face in shame and started sobbing. That’s when I finally backed down. I was defeated. Mom didn’t like me anymore.

All I could mutter was an “Oh I’m sorry” and I ran up to her and hugged her.

There was not a sound in the kitchen after that. I just hope that this fight will settle down and thing will be okay.

The next morning I woke up. I was so preoccupied with what happened last night that me and mom went our own separate ways and forgot about what was going on in the kitchen. All I could smell was last night’s pizza. How good it smelled! It was so delicious, I ran to the kitchen to see what was going on. Then I realized that Eddy was still in the kitchen last night.

I felt bad for him and wanted to apologize to him, but he wasn’t there. He only left a note on the kitchen island. It said, “Leslie, you’re welcome.”

I woke mom up and brought her into the kitchen. We talked for a little while, and then after apologizing for what I did yesterday, we took a slice of the pizza.

Let me just tell you, it was like asking God to make a slice of pizza from heaven. It first started off tasting like nothing. Absolutely nothing, except it was as humid as the sky is after the first rainfall of the year. Then you could taste the crust, and a whole bunch of flavours in the sauce that melted in my mouth. The cheese was delicious. It added a bit of character to the pizza, and it did very well without any toppings at all.

Usually I do not like cheese pizza at all, but this pizza was incredible! I had to call Eddy and thank him for giving me such a beautiful day, and celebrate this moment with such a beautiful piece of pizza to eat! :(

All of this is so true! 8D

Irony of the topic: As I scrolled to see the first post, the sponsor is Domino's Pizza, hah.

Latest posts

Back