Is many of you do the read books or have to......

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pockey45ca

Reaction score
Is many of you do the read books or have to ignore books if they did not improving english?

English write: Is many of you do the read the books or have to ignore the books if they did not to improving english?

Last edited by a moderator:
...What the heck are you trying to say? o_o
I have no clue...

Maybe this a decent translation:

Do you have to read books, or do you ignore books because they don't improve your english?

But I stil don't understand because I'm pretty sure my translation is off.

I don't know how to answer...

Ummm, what?

If you area asking what Kay thinks you are asking, and you ignore books, you need to start reading them. Improve your English, please.

Umm, I only read books that people recommend to me... xD

x.Roller-//-Coasters.x, K Time,Goggle-Face - Are you jealous of my good question of my thinking skills?

Please don't ever do again as you think you don't know what my question to pretend and want be drama this topic as you know better than doing this. It is not nice to be pretend to be like that. It is feel hurt me inside as you all know better than doing this way. I am not been rude! I am trying to make you think what you did wrong.

RawryCakes.x - yeah and good answer.

...no offence but you don't have proper English, do you go to school by any chance? By the looks of it, you don't. Or you're learning English and you speak a foreign language?

My guess is that this person's first language isn't English.

Is my assumption correct?

I think their english is very good for someone who is still learning. Good job :] English is a hard language to learn.

I'm not sure I understood the question correctly, but I read books for fun, mostly. I love reading.

Sometimes, though, I'll pick up a more difficult read even if I don't want to, so that I can make my vocabulary better and learn new words. Make sense?

I second that post ^
I third it.

Going by Kay's translation, I personally love books.

I wouldn't have the grades I do now without having spent all those hours reading.

If a book has really good ratings then I'd buy it for sure or just borrow from the library.

I also think that English is a hard language to learn.

Since one of my friends just started learning recently, I can relate.

I do think you have a good grasp of the language for a non native speaker though. :)

x.Roller-//-Coasters.x, K Time,Goggle-Face - Are you jealous of my good question of my thinking skills?Please don't ever do again as you think you don't know what my question to pretend and want be drama this topic as you know better than doing this. It is not nice to be pretend to be like that. It is feel hurt me inside as you all know better than doing this way. I am not been rude! I am trying to make you think what you did wrong.
I'm not trying to be rude and cause drama, either. I did no wrong, I just couldn't understand what was being asked. I did a -rough- translation of what you were trying to say to make it easier for other people who couldn't make it out, and I did that out of kindness, not frustration.

And for that "Please don't ever do again as you think you don't know what my question to pretend and want to be drama" part. I don't think I was doing anything wrong, and I wasn't pretending, I was being honest. I just couldn't understand. I'm not saying this to be rude or anything, I'm just simply stating that I have no clue what I was doing wrong.

And back on topic;

I love reading books. They don't usually improve my English anymore because I've read enough good books to know quite a lot of high-level words and their meaning, but I still read. It's a good past-time.

x.Roller-//-Coasters.x, K Time,Goggle-Face - Are you jealous of my good question of my thinking skills?Please don't ever do again as you think you don't know what my question to pretend and want be drama this topic as you know better than doing this. It is not nice to be pretend to be like that. It is feel hurt me inside as you all know better than doing this way. I am not been rude! I am trying to make you think what you did wrong.

RawryCakes.x - yeah and good answer.
lolwhut.

I did something wrong?

k then.

It's easy to misunderstand something that's not written in clear English - but it's also very easy to see that Pockey45ca is not fluent in English.

I'm sure they are trying their best to make the question as clear as possible.

Thank you to those members who've smoothed ruffled feathers or tried to explain more clearly.

I'm just going to ask everyone who posts in this topic to remember to keep all replies friendly and polite. Thanks.

First I just wanna suggest that maybe you should consider using an online translator for your topic questions, because we are not pretending, like you said.. we sincerely don't know what you are saying to us. You may not be aware but we can't comprehend your english, and that is why we are confused.

Anyway I am like Weiwei.. I read books that people recommend to me, I don't have a lot of time to read, so I rely on people I know to let me know of some good books. ;) Mostly I just read them for the pleasure, and because I like reading, but I learn new stuff with every book I read, and that's good too.

Her English has improved quite a bit since being here actually. It's still a bit hard to understand, but it's a lot better than it was before.

I read for fun mostly. If anything, I read to keep my vocabulary from slipping more than it has since being out of school.

Most of the books I read are fantasy/fiction. I have a hard time keeping my attention on most non-fiction, unless it's based around psychology. Most of the school-required reading I was supposed to do I didn't bother with. The books just weren't interesting to me. I would get about 50 pages in and then just stop reading it.

Really all books and reading improve your English(or other languages) whether they're meant to or not. I have a hard time learning from text books though. If it doesn't interest me, I'll have problems reading/comprehending it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back