Jodi Picoult.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Girl

Reaction score
Helloooo.

So my favourite author of all time is Jodi Picoult. I started reading her books when My Sister's Keeper came out. I've read The Tenth Circle, My Sister's Keeper, Salem Falls, Handle With Care, The Pact, Picture Perfect, Mercy, Keeping Faith, and am in the middle of reading Nineteen Minutes, which is basically about a school shooting.

Her books are great because she thinks of everything, all the facts. She does so much research and makes it seem real. Even though most of them don't have happy endings, they're like reality.

My favourite book I've read fully is probably either Handle With Care or The Pact - They were really interesting, but overall I think Nineteen Minutes will be my favourite :)

How about you guys; have you read any of her books or do you want to? What have you read and what's your favourite? Why do you like the books?

EDIT: Also who's your favourite character/s? Mine are Jordan McAfee and Selena (I don't remember her last name Dx) because they're so epic together : D And probably Addie in Salem Falls. AND Chris in The Pact.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Weell, I've only read My Sister's Keeper, and personally I thought it was quite amazing ( :

yer i have read my sisters keeper and second glance (recommend)

i think there amazing, there so intresting and you never get bored with the plot.

I am in the middle of mercy, is it good? :blink:

Aww, monkeez_cutiez, you should definitely read more of her books! They're so tragic lol but just incredible :)

kflem30; Mercy is amazing hahaha :) It's one of her best books : D

I've read heaps more of Nineteen Minutes, lol whoa. It's amazing the detail she puts into her books with all the legal stuff. :)

Yeah that's what annoys me. I only read My Sister's Keeper because I saw an ad for the movie on Tv and said to mum i wanted to see it. She said there's a book. So i read the book and i liked it. i liked it because i want to be an oncologist when i leave school (for those of you who have read MSK, you will know what that is. for those who don't, don't bother asking. Google it). so yeah. but the legal stuff gets up me nose

My favourite book of all time was Handle With Care. It was so great, I love it.

I also read My Sister's Keeper last year, before the movie. xD

I only recently read Salem Falls. That was good, also.

I've read My Sister's Keeper and Plain Truth. They were both great, but I think I liked Plain Truth better.

I've read My Sister's Keeper, and it is definitely one of my favorite books ever. I want to read more, but I haven't gotten a chance to yet.

I haven't read any yet, but I have reserved My Sister's Keeper at the school library, so I will read that one. I want to read it because I've recently seen the movie and I want to see how different the book is.

I read My Sister's Keeper. It was amazing. I like the book and the movie equally.

I also plan on reading the new one, House Rules, because it's about a boy with Asperger's Syndrome, and I have Asperger's Syndrome, so it should be interesting.

I've read "My Sister's Keeper" and after that I really don't plan on reading another one of her books. Don't get me wrong, it was an interesting subject and the book had a lot of potential, but I found myself skipping a lot of the Campbell/Julia parts because I honestly couldn't give a chicken's moo for that crummy little sub-plot and I don't think Jodi was very successful in writing from several points of view because, despite not being too badly developed, all of the characters' voices sounded almost exactly the same. Oh, and the ending made me want to put the fricking thing in the shredder. Only I didn't because it was a library book. So, well, yeah.

[SIZE=8pt]I've read everything by her. So far, her newest book, House Rules is my favorite. :)[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back