Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:00 PM
Here are the instructions for the first clothing I thought of, (I will add more if anybody likes the idea)- a warm, cosy, felt scarf.
I used red felt.
1. Choose a colour and material. It is only very small so you can even use off-cuts if you like. If it is around 16.5cm long it will comfortably wrap around your tama.
2. Cut a strip around 16.5cm long and 1cm wide.
3. Cut into each end around 4 or 5 times to make a fringed end.
4. Wrap around tama. Make any adjustments. If it is too long, just cut off one fringed end and then make another fring. This should decrease the length by the fringe's length.
5. OPTIONAL- You can use a safety pin to secure the ends, you can wrap the scarf round the back of tama and cross the ends at the front and pin there. Remember to be careful with sharp things because although I'm sure everyone is careful, its easy to accidently prod yourself with them and that can really hurt!!
OR Sew a button onto one end and cut a slit in the other. This might wark better for fastening but if you don't have this or don't have the time then you can just use a safety pin.
I took a pic but i'm not sure how to upload it so if anyone can tell me, that would be great.
Anyway. have fun with this, experiment with different colours and effects, eg. maybe cut with those jagged effect or curvey effect scissors to make it more interesting!! You could even add a button instead of the safety pin.
HAVE FUN AND HAVE A GO, LET YOUR CREATIVE SIDE TAKE OVER AND YOUR IMAGINATION RUN WILD!!!
Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:17 PM
Posted 28 February 2010 - 02:22 AM
Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:55 AM
Yaa! Very neat idea. (Y)
This isn't crazy! Very Clever Idea!
Posted 14 March 2010 - 03:45 PM
Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:21 PM
Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:03 PM
Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:06 AM
Never feel that you're crazy your just expressing yourself. Making clothes or homes for tama's is much easier than making a home for dolls or trying to make stables for horse statues*both of which I have tried*
I think it's a cute idea but I'm not into sewing very much so I think I'll leave that up to you guys(:
Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:07 PM
Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:35 AM
I would have loved too have seen the pics,
why dont you upload it too photo bucket then provide the link
Posted 04 May 2010 - 12:08 PM
Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:32 AM
Edited by VivLOVEtmgc, 10 February 2014 - 10:32 AM.
Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:53 AM
Hmmm... this topic was started waaaay back in 2010 over three years (almost 4 years) ago - well in excess of the 3 month limit on posting in old, inactive threads.
Please... if you're browsing old forum pages don't forget to check the date of the last posts made in the topic before you reply
How to Recognise and Avoid Topic Bumping: http://www.tamatalk....-topic-bumping/