My writing problem

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty Carosauel

Reaction score
Well, I started writing this really awesome story, and I still think it's cool, but now I am just not motivated to work on it! I mean, I know what's going to happen next and all, but...

humph! I just can't get back into it!

And I don't want to just let this story go and start a new one, cuz they always turn out bad and this one is JUST TOO GOOD to throw away!!!!!! T_T

help me help me help meee!!!

Just settle down and focus. If something still doesn't come to you, take a break. If you force yourself to write something, it's probably not going to be as good as if it just came to you.

I've had the same problem. But in a couple days, something will pop up, probably. Try reading some other stories to get some ideas, maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just settle down and focus. If something still doesn't come to you, take a break. If you force yourself to write something, it's probably not going to be as good as if it just came to you.
I've had the same problem. But in a couple days, something will pop up, probably. Try reading some other stories to get some ideas, maybe?
Excuse the double post and the fact that I'm quoting myself. xD I misread what you posted. I thought you said you COULDN'T figure out what to write next.

Anyway, if you think it's that cool and awesome, then why don't you want to finish it? If you know what to write, then just write! If you need motivation, try reading some other stories, as I said, and you might feel a bit more motivated.

Again, I apologize for not reading your first post thoroughly. :)

If you need a boost with creativity when writing a story, I hear that writing the most exciting part/climax can kick start what you want to do. So instead of writing the beginning, try writing the part you want to write first. It doesn't have to be good or even really make sense yet, because you can edit that after.

Don't give up writing this - sit somewhere quietly and take 20 minutes just to write as much as you can. Hopefully that helps. Good luck.

As a fellow writer, I experience this problem all the time. I never ever finsih stories. If you're really struggling to get motivated, take a leaf out of my book. Here's what I do:

1. Put the story away, but in an easy to recover place. Make sure you will remember where it is.

2. begin to write a new story with a completely fresh idea. Hopefully, you'll get bored with it.

3. Put the second story away.

4. A few days/weeks/months later, you'll come across the story and flick through and read it, suddenly, you will very badly want to write again.

Works for me. If that doesn't work. do what Krystal said, and read another story for ideas. If you're STILL struggling, post the story on here, and we can really help you.

You already know whats going to happen next, but why don't you switch it around a little bit?

1 Like a movie in the making, snip out the ok parts, and replace it with something that will suprise someone, or something funny.

2 Listen to your dreams, I find that if you dream up something really cool or dramatic, and you push it in with what's going to happen next, it can actually turn out really cool.

3 Forget what's going to happen! Follow some inspiration and change what's going to occur, for example, instead of: Mary was going to fall off a cliff, but someone would catch her, you could have: Mary fell from the edge, and barely missed the sharp rocks below. She broke the surace of the water and gasped for air.

Latest posts

Back