Photo
- - - - -

TMGC+C POSSIBLY COMING TO THE WHOLE WORLD!?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

samtchi

• samtchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:28 AM ( #1 )

http://www.bandainam.../toyshobby.html

Look here.

It says it will 'expand the Bandai merchandise on a GLOBAL SCALE'

WOW!

And if you look down the page, just underneath the paragraph, you can see the TMGC+C!

Does this mean that Bandai is bringing the color to the whole world?

Replies

Views

Started

29 Mar 2010

Last Post

17 Jun 2010

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:05 AM ( #2 )

Don't read too much into this statement. It doesn't say they will export Japanese model Tamagotchis. What they're talking about exporting are "characters" and "products", not "models."

Characters: Mametchi, Kuchipatchi, Memetchi, Mimitchi, etc.

Products: Tamagotchi, Power Rangers, Gundam, etc.

Models: EnTama, UraTama, TMGC+C, Tamagotchi-iD, etc.

The image of the TMGC+C was probably placed there because they wanted to showcase the latest model available at the time that web page was last updated.

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:33 AM ( #3 )

But it MAY mean, in my opinion, that they will bring Tamagotchi merchandising, anime, etc. across the world! :) Also, "we will also improve cooperation among different regions" may lead to such products as the color Tamas coming global. MAYBE, though. ;)

Waneqa

• waneqa user photo
  • January 2009 Contest Winner
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:47 PM ( #4 )

maybe what bandai means is that they will make the TMGC+C and the Tamagotchi ID easier to get access to around the world instead of ordering from japan?? though, they aren't going to make an English version of either one...they've made that message quite clear...if thats what you were implying

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:38 PM ( #5 )

That dosen't mean they can't change their minds eventually. I was thinking a lot of times about a possible Tama-Go Color using the same software, etc. as the Japanese Color Tamas.

Also, I was meaning like marketing the Anime, merchandising, making product selections worldwide, etc.

Hitomi_Yutsuko

• hitomi-yutsuko user photo

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:29 PM ( #6 )

We're getting the Tamagotchi GO instead of the TMGC+C. The GO looks very similar to the TMGC+C in size and shape...but it's not in color. You use it like you would use TMGC+C in Japan. But instead of going to a Connection Station to get exclusive games you buy these little characters and pop them into the top of the Gotchi and that gives you the exclusive content. Honestly I see it as a way to make more money. They know Americans will buy this stuff for their children. I have the TMGC+C and I will never buy another Tamagotchi...unless it needs replacing. I'm done with American Gotchi's, the Japanese one has spoiled me forever. Plus after the color I can't even stand to play with my older ones.

strangeseraph

• strangeseraph user photo

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:17 AM ( #7 )

We're getting the Tamagotchi GO instead of the TMGC+C. The GO looks very similar to the TMGC+C in size and shape...but it's not in color. You use it like you would use TMGC+C in Japan. But instead of going to a Connection Station to get exclusive games you buy these little characters and pop them into the top of the Gotchi and that gives you the exclusive content. Honestly I see it as a way to make more money. They know Americans will buy this stuff for their children. I have the TMGC+C and I will never buy another Tamagotchi...unless it needs replacing. I'm done with American Gotchi's, the Japanese one has spoiled me forever. Plus after the color I can't even stand to play with my older ones.

That's what happened to me too. My Tamagotchi Color has kept me from playing with any of my other Tamas. I love the beautiful screen and colors and its better for my eyesight. I'll only buy the color Tamas probably.

But I may just buy a TamaGo, for my collection itself. In order to support bandai and give them the message that tama does sell here and TamaColor is wanted.

tama2130

• tama2130 user photo

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:26 PM ( #8 )

bandai emailed me and said that there not gonna make tamagotchi id or color in america