tamas

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink Hippopotumas

Reaction score
why does bandai keep on saying tamas are good for girls?

And when I go to buy one they are in the girl section.

does anyone know why they are directed at girls?

because I know boys play them aswell.

<_<

That's a great question, actually. Tamagotchis can't be just for girls, because I know boys who play with them, and some of the designs on the tamagotchis are actually meant for boys. I wonder why Bandai would think that tamagotchis were for girls? :ichigotchi: :angry:

Yeah when I went into Argos to buy my tamagotchi music star is said

"GIRLS TOYS"

It pretty much says the same thing on the Bandai website: aimed toward girls. Technically, Tamagotchis are meant to be unisex, but I think that girls have a greater tendency to collect knick-knacky sort of things, like virtual pets. Also, it doesn't really help that the designs on more of the modern ones are what people would see as "girly." The vintage Tamagotchis had more neutral designs. I see nothing wrong with boys playing with them and if you're a boy out there who's playing with a Tamagotchi, I say more power to you! :(

There's actually a poll regarding this exact topic further down the board, just so you know. :ph34r: Check it out: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=148777.

they are for both sexes (means gender) i got a girl shell some reson because im a boy

some shells for boys some for girls some that suits everyone

by the way old school tama that poll is dead

^

True, tama2130, the topic I linked had been bumped, but I was merely posting it for READING purposes, not with the purpose to participate in the poll. :)

Probably because girls lean more toward the caring side, and that's what you do for a Tamagotchi. You 'mother' it, if you will. xD

I don't see a reason why guys couldn't play them, though. It's just like girls and xbox's. *shrug*

Probably because girls lean more toward the caring side, and that's what you do for a Tamagotchi. You 'mother' it, if you will. xD
I don't see a reason why guys couldn't play them, though. It's just like girls and xbox's. *shrug*
I agree, you can either "mother" it, or "father" it :huh: :mimitchi:

why does bandai keep on saying tamas are good for girls?And when I go to buy one they are in the girl section.

does anyone know why they are directed at girls?

because I know boys play them aswell.

:D
Where I live, Tamas are sold in the toy electronic aisle, directed neither torwards boys or girls. And the shells are directed for both as well. I am a 14 year old girl, and I play with Tamas, ;) and my brother is a 6 year old boy, and he plays with Tamas. :ph34r: I do understand where you are going with this, it is directed slightly more to girls, I just think it doesnt really matter. :ichigotchi:

The most probable reason for Tamagotchis being aimed more toward girls is because girls are more inclined to like nurturing little animals and watching them grow up, etc. rather than a boy's video game where there's tons of shooting/killing, etc. Girls can still play those video games, but they're aimed more towards boys. Tamagotchis work the same way.

In Canada the tamas are always put with all the little elecronic game toys and board games. ;)

In Canada the tamas are always put with all the little elecronic game toys and board games. :lol:
Not true, and too broad of a statement.

Maybe in your area they are, but where I live (in Canada), the Tamagotchis are in the "girly" aisle with the Littlest Pet shop and Barbie stuff in both Wal-Mart and Zellers.

Tamagotchis are marketed towards girls the same way Digimon were marketed towards boys (back in 1997.) It really doesn't matter either way, you can enjoy them all the same no matter your gender.

In my area of the country (Arizona-United States), Tamas are displayed at both Wal-Mart and Target with all the other electronic toys in the Toy section of the store. Not in either girls or boys section.

Yeah when im looking for tama stuff i always have too sneak in the girls isle it really does get embarrassing.

Boys can be nurturing too

Someone needs too email bandai :lol:

They should be for both Genders but I do agree that they are aimed at girls because I guess girls are more into looking after toys but then again, a third of the designs are for girls, a third for boys and a third that could be for either.

!#!@%@ !!!! :D :p

Sorry any way i am a 14 yr old boy collecting since i was about 9 yrs old

Tamagotchis are for males (boys) to

sure there where some girly desines as well but really some times i don't know Bandai knows what there are thinking(about tamas are only for girls)

i forget who said that but: it is embarssing going to a "girly" part of a store just to add to my collection. thankyou! :)

:) :nazotchi: :) :nazotchi:

Someone needs too email bandai :)
Not Bandai's fault. It's the retail store's decision where to put their products. The Walmart's that I go to, Greensburg/Muncie Indiana ones have them in the electronic/unique toys section.

It's kind of amusing how Walmart is supposed to be so standardized yet within 4 Walmarts I've been to recently 2 have tama-gos and of those 2 only 1 carries the figures.

Oh dear lord. I've been fighting with people about this in school and even in college for god knows how long. It's a virtual pet for EVERYONE. It's not just for female humanoids, I mean come on Bandai. COME ON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back