Photo
- - - - -

What's The Worst Book You've Ever Read?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jakecracking

• jakecracking user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:51 PM ( #35 )

okay just wanting to say stuff about peoples least favorite books starting with, oh crap..... twilight _/1__ (its supposed to look like poop)
So twilight, the stupid book that started the "paranormal romance" section at the bookstore, a (_______)
vampire craze and a chain of VERY BAD MOVIES! the story of a teenage girl falling in love with a 100+ year old just isn't right, and he will LOOK like hes sixteen for ever when she will age like a NORMAL person and then it won't look right to everyone else, And how many wives has the shiny vampire had? he's over 100 so he probably just wants this 16 year old girl to replace a past vampire, hunted by abraham lincoln (google "abraham lincoln, vampire hunter") and then a werewolf comes on to the scene, one that isn't over 100 so if i was the girl id choose someone closer to my age, won't suck the blood from people or animals into bloodless corpses or maybe, (this will blow your minds) A NORMAL PERSON!

Now to lord of the flies
nothing is wrong with lord of the flies (unless you got the illustrated version, then i can understand why you dont like it tamatamatamapanda)

okay i don't know many of the others but im going to put one down myself "THE HOBBIT" my grandma got it for me on my birthday (my 8th) and i read 63 pages and then found another book but i was bored with the 63 pages enough so don't read "the hobbit"

Edited by jakecracking, 22 November 2010 - 03:53 PM.

Fayiirah

• fayiirah user photo

Posted 27 November 2010 - 04:06 PM ( #36 )

I just found it interesting that people will not like a book just because a character doesn't set a good example. [snip]

The only problem with that is that Bella is made to look like the most perfect angel ever; everything she does is perfect and what every girl should strive to be like if she ever desires perfection.
And while I've never read anything Shakespeare, I'm quite certain that Othello was portrayed as a deeply flawed character, and not someone that we should strive to be, yes?

Salvador101

• salvador101 user photo

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:15 PM ( #37 )

Among the hidden. :/

Sugar Bunny ♥

• sugar-bunny-&-9829; user photo

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:34 PM ( #38 )

I am in a state of eternal disfavor with Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights because personally, it just seems like a load of melodramatic gossip. Anyone else ever read that?

Purin

• purin user photo

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:57 AM ( #39 )

Old Yeller. The book was AWFUL. It was about a mutt who a boy hates, then in the end, when the boy finally likes the poor old dog, he SHOOTS the dog because of an incurable sickness. After, he gets ANOTHER dog and hates him, too. Boy, the grammar sucks too. And, the story showed no detail at all, exept for the dog he had before he had Yeller. AWFUL.

SugaryGoesRAWR

• sugarygoesrawr user photo

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:21 PM ( #40 )

Reasons why twilight sucks

1. EVERY PAGE, EDWARD'S 'AMAZINGLY SCULPTED CHEST' OR 'BREATHTAKING EYES' ARE MENTIONED D:<
2. Stephanie Meyer must have a love for Pedophillia. Edward x Bella? Jacob x RENESMEE!? O_o
3. Everyone's a pedophilic stalker
4. Bella sucks
5. The power rangers could easily beat the cullens
6. Charlie has the most character
7. It teaches people to commit suicide
8. Stupid fact no.#798 - Girls who read this book will think they're bella, and will come waiting for edward. Then, they all commit suicide because he didn't come and their life is not complete. The end.
9. Just because it has fancy words, like, every sentence, doesn't mean that it's a good book.
10. Bella ditched all her friends, family, and her humanity, just to be with the disco-ball gary-stu. At least blondie had some sense.

Edited by SugaryGoesRAWR, 02 January 2011 - 02:22 PM.

+[ b r u t a l ]+

• b-r-u-t-a-l user photo

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:12 PM ( #41 )

meh, I think Twilight is just the book people like to hate for the fun of it. Personally I don't like it, I enjoyed the first book when it came out. But that was quite a few years back and I was young.

I just found it interesting that people will not like a book just because a character doesn't set a good example. I detest some of the characters in some of my favourite books, that doesn't mean they're bad. I find the conflict engaging. Then again, if the storyline doesn't suffice, I do disengage from a story.

Take for example the characters in Shakespeare’s Othello.
Othello is easily swayed, incredibly jealous and ultimately kills his wife over false pretences.
Desdemona is naive, too kind for her own good and is deceptive to her father
Iago is the epitome of evil! He is egotistical, and manipulates people for his own good.

None of these characters are a good influence on the people reading them. Doesn't mean the book is bad, or that it's a bad influence on those reading it. You can read a book like Twilight and not strive to be like Bella.

I find it hard to hate books, but there is one - "Little Darlings" That I have still, to this day, have not been able to finish

I cannot agree more with you.

I think everyone just needs to chill out about Twilight.
There's a difference between reasonably disliking a series and hating it religiously.

It's great if you've actually read the books and know what you're talking about, but to me it just seems like the haters spend more time obsessing about the series than fans do !

Not everyone enjoys the same things. Move on, live and let live.

( I'm referring to everyone on the internet here... So please don't take it as a personal attack :| )

Erm. Anyway. To be perfectly honest I don't think I have a book which I particularly dislike.
The closest to that is Tom Sawyer... I never really got into it.

Ryuk`

• ryuk user photo

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:39 PM ( #42 )

Lord have mercy on Twilight.

The girl CAN'T write. I'm telling you.

Vampire barbie- dolls who glitter in sunlight.

Nope. Sorry.
  • zerimar11 likes this

Jadeie

• jadeie user photo

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:13 PM ( #43 )

Yea, i pretty much hate all vampire books except one because its unique and has a different view of vampires, they arent all ''emo'' looking and stuff. Its called ''Marked'' should try reading it sometime.

I.Love.That.Book.

I can't even believe I tried to read Twilight, jesus it really sucked. Then I picked up Marked and it made me CRY because it was that friggin' good.

Okay, Stephanie Meyer should just hand the fame over to Carrie Jones for her book, 'Need'.

SugaryGoesRAWR

• sugarygoesrawr user photo

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:12 PM ( #44 )

Oh, yeah. Don't flame me for this.

I don't prefer 'What Katy Did' . I mean, I like old school books and all, but the plot seemed a bit boring. ):

Runner

• runner user photo

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:11 PM ( #45 )

Let's see.. I definitely hate Twilight. Overrated and dumb.
But then I have other books I hate too..
The First book of the Hunger Games SUCKED. I loved the rest of the series, but the first book was horrible. This one made it super evident that Katniss was a sue, and worst of all, all the deaths. Did Suzanne Collins really need to go into so much detail about death in the first book? *shudders* I mean, Mockingjay had some of it, but not as bad. Glimmer and Cato's deaths.. URGH!

And then, I also hate this book called Ida B. It's about this girl who freaking talks to herself and thinks trees talk to her. And when they get cut down, she thinks they're still talking to her. I kid you not. That's how ridiculous that was. And there was A Dog's Life, too. That one started with the dog roaming the streets, hungry and dying from old age. At the end of the book, the dog is old and dying and is with this old lady and gets adopted and they live happily ever after (And it says so too). Did the author forget about the intro or something? D:

Lovelitchi

• lovelitchi user photo

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:24 AM ( #46 )

Twilight Is The Worst!!

I hate twilight because it's dumb and stupid.
I hate the movie as well -3-

mew0099

• mew0099 user photo

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:36 AM ( #47 )

The First book of the Hunger Games SUCKED. I loved the rest of the series, but the first book was horrible. This one made it super evident that Katniss was a sue, and worst of all, all the deaths. Did Suzanne Collins really need to go into so much detail about death in the first book? *shudders* I mean, Mockingjay had some of it, but not as bad. Glimmer and Cato's deaths.. URGH!

Oh yeah. I have nightmares about Glimmer and Cato. And remember at the end with the wild dogs? Just... ugh.

Now that I think about it, I don't really hate too many books apart from the ones I mentioned earlier.

xxxkiroxxx

• xxxkiroxxx user photo

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:52 PM ( #48 )

If you're smart, you won't even get me started on Twilight. Ugh. *shudders*
And Cell by Stephen King. I'm sorry, but is there a specific reason they were getting these phone calls? How did the person calling know their phone numbers? Speaking of the person calling, who would do that? And passing zombieness by cell phone? Come on! Adults say "Oh, tehe, It'll rot your brain...nono."....yeah...literally in this book. I also feel that the action started too early. The main dude's just walking in the park, and this chick gets a phone call and then she bites this other chick's neck and she dies. ...Seriously?

/rant

Lol I rant a lot sry.

Bronica

• bronica user photo

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:43 AM ( #49 )

Probably either David Almond's 'Skellig,' due to the fact that the plot is completely POINTLESS... I mean, it's about a young depressed boy who finds a half dead angel in his garage, discovers he has arthritis and likes Chinese food, nurses him back to health with alcohol, aspirin and Chinese food and, as a favour to the boy, the Angel (who is an old man with wings, by the way) nurses his newborn baby sister's weak heart back to health. Wow. Meaningful...

Or, there's the Twilight series. Now you've got me started, I'd better finish.
Point 1.
Stephanie Meyer is illiterate. Writing a story in which every single adjective in each paragraph means exactly the same thing indicates to me that Meyer is an avid user of Thesaurus.com.
Point 2.
Morals, or lack there of. Bella is a self conscious girl who 'falls in love' with a boy because he is 'beautiful.' Call me a cynic, but isn't that something that is meant to be DISCOURAGED?
Edward leaves his supposed 'girlfriend' for dead in the middle of the forest. Wow. What a nice guy he must be.
Point 3.
Stephanie Meyer decided that she couldn't come up with enough creative ideas to make the second 'novel' in her series long enough to be classed as a 'novel,' so she filled numerous pages with nothing but the name of each month of the year. This is also a complete waste of paper.
Point 4.
FAR too repetitive. No one wants to sit and read literally more than half of New Moon when all that is described is how Bella has constant nightmares about her beloved toy boy, while making noises as though she is being stabbed. How enthralling!
Point 5.
Bella is suicidal. What a great message to send to young teens. 'My boyfriend left me. Now I have to start riding motorbikes and jumping off cliffs. Who cares if I die?'

I could list SO many more reasons as to why I LOATHE the series, but I won't.

<3 Bronica <3

memetchi <3

• memetchi-<3 user photo

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:21 PM ( #50 )

The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung fu cavemen from the future

Purin

• purin user photo

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:29 PM ( #51 )

The Adventures of Ook and Gluk, Kung fu cavemen from the future

Awful spelling in that book.