Photo
- - - - -

What's The Worst Book You've Ever Read?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mew0099

• mew0099 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 February 2011 - 05:59 PM ( #52 )

^ It's supposed to be written by two kids. It's a spin-off of the Captain Underpants series.

I read The Horse And His Boy recently, and it bored me a bit.

tama v9

• tama-v9 user photo

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:32 PM ( #53 )

The most boring book I've ever read was The Three Musketeers......

-EbilKitteh-

• ebilkitteh user photo

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:34 PM ( #54 )

The Adventures of Ook and Gluk? I haven't read it. I liked the Captain Underpants Series, but I don't know if I would know.

I dislike Twilight. Mum thought it would be a wonderful and ENLIGHTENING idea to make me read all of them. Oh, yes. Now I know when I get a boyfriend and he leaves I can jump off cliffs. It taught me so very much. About how, in fact, I know lots of things. TO mucch that I'm not stating them. :Trys to hit them out of head:

... Seriously. And she made me watch the first movie >_<

I can't remember the name, but I hated this one book. It was about a dog who kissed a cat and they had these wierd cross babies. And then the dog went off and came back as a wolf (wth), and the cat didn't know it was him and tried to chase him off but then ran and got lost and the babies nuzzled their dad and also cried for their mum. It was a picture book. I had to read it to some 5 year olds.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:51 PM ( #55 )

Whale Talk and Please Stop Laughing at Me.. Both the authors came to our school (back a few years ago) We had a school-wide read this book... sorta thing. Then we'd waste 15-25 minutes (more for Whale Talk due to my teacher I had...she made class BE Whale Talk....Not the Science that we were still being tested on and crap, not a book to review or anything. Maybe 5 minutes had to do with the science)

Whale Talk- Bullied kid who had a brother on some team (Wrestling or Football I think) Kept getting picked on and I think something about being on a Swim team... I really tuned out once I finished the book in about 2 class hours...
I was attempting to ignore the teacher, yet still try to study Something about the Science chunk we were supposely learning about. I was one of the passers, go figure. Based on a real story I guess... It was one of the first books of the school wide book reading.

Please Stop Laughing at me- This girl pretty much hates herself and has a issue with her chest... Just a bunch of blah. Most people didn't believe this story at all since it was supposely real.
Most people didn't read the book, I once again finished it in 2 class hours when we had 4-5 weeks to read it. There was a quiz to this one for my class... Basically, if you read the back of the book and the very short summary about it given to us... You passed. Then got a huge heap of As for it....

BTW, These were High School Level people reading these... Oh, and we read Tree Girl, but that one was okay I guess. Not a favorite but atleast it was different. I swear they gave us way too much time to read, but my first teacher took up every minute for Whale Talk.... It was horrible and annouying. The other book, my teacher said read it if you want, if you don't whatever... otherwise study or do other homework. He was a sweet teacher... We rarely had homework from him. Helped having the extra 15-20 minutes in the morning too.

Edited by SailorRosette, 27 February 2011 - 04:57 PM.

Tama_dude2010

• tama-dude2010 user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:49 AM ( #56 )

Has to be this autobiography I once bought.

lainabug01

• lainabug01 user photo

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:43 AM ( #57 )

The only really horrible book I've ever tried to read is the Night World series. I loooooved the first story, but afterwords, the other stories were just... Boring.

Well, no, the Door in the Lake was pretty bad too. It's from this kid's point of view, who thinks he was abducted by aliens. He went a lake, saw a bright flash, and swears to everyone that he was abducted. It describes his experiences in the ship and everything, and it was kind of cool because of how descriptive it was, but the ending ruined it. It turned out that he was insane, locked up, and was really just talking about his story to the air... >.<

superstar_128

• superstar-128 user photo

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:11 PM ( #58 )

The series of unfortunate events- :L
and Jane Eyre- but I probably only didn't enjoy it because we were reading it at school xD

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:54 AM ( #59 )

"Little Dorrit" by Charles Dickens - bored me senseless and Little Dorrit was such a bland character I became irritated with her (in fact she was the original Bella Swan...)
I struggled with the book for a few weeks and gave up without finishing it.

Goggle-Face

• goggle-face user photo

Posted 05 March 2011 - 01:25 PM ( #60 )

I couldn't stand "The Mist" by Stephen King. I love his works, I just couldn't bring myself to finish that book. Shame, too, it was only a novella. The characters were dull and bland and every chapter seemed to mention or bring in another new character, some only showing up for a page or two, and never being mentioned until the end or later on.

It was really tedious to read.

The Blade of Virtue.

• the-blade-of-virtue user photo

Posted 06 March 2011 - 03:50 AM ( #61 )

Hunger Games, pure and utter trash, first one was awful, but bearable, second sucked, couldn't finish it.

sweetpea40998

• sweetpea40998 user photo

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:49 AM ( #62 )

Worst books what I have ever read are A Series of Unfortunate Events- books,
because your favorite characters die or you don't know what happen to them.
I read all those 13 books, because books always end, when there's something, what you want to know.
Don't read NEVER those books!

OMgosh! I love these books! I think they are hilarious, however I agree that he leaves stuff hanging, that you never figure out. I think they are awesome though.

Book I hate.... hmm... I haven't really read anything that I don't like, because I always get opinions from friends before I read them. :)

Bathory

• bathory user photo

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:56 AM ( #63 )

This is going to sound very, well, sacrilegious of me, and outside of the circumstances I probably would've enjoyed reading this book leisurely, but "Great Expectations". It had a great message, and a surprising story line, but I had to rush to read it for an online english class, that bored me over the head with it, and I just ended up not enjoying it at all. I still don't want to try and read it again.

That and Twilight. The plot was so obvious and uneventful and dry. You knew everything that was going to happen and it was more like a low-level vampire fan-fiction than a novel. It's like she took requests from 12 year old girls "What would you like to happen next?"

SouthParkPikachu

• southparkpikachu user photo

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:25 PM ( #64 )

the worst book i ever read was one of those stupid pokemon chapter books that you order from our schools book order once every month, i have a bookshelf full of them, basically because alot of my friends like to read them, i dont like to read them. why? because the books are too easy to read, and ash is more of a idiot in the books (not the manga the manga is awesome) plus pikachu is an idiot too, he acts friendly to pokemon who have done bad for example: I have a book about pichus stealing apples and crap like that, while pikachu acts like they have done nothing bad, wtf pikachu?! o.0 (this is probobly the reasons why raichu is my new favorite pokemon) plus my stupid 6 year old friend likes to read that exact same book everyday because she likes pichu. its annoying! ive seen to much pichu! plus i found the books cover!
Posted Image

so yeah thats it. ._.

Edited by SouthParkPikachu, 20 March 2011 - 03:29 PM.

Runner

• runner user photo

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:25 PM ( #65 )

The number of worst books I've read have increased.
I just finished this book called.. Gawwd, so awful I can't remember. It's all about this fat girl and what happens to her after her BFFFFFFFF girl cousin Laura dies. All she does the whole book is be jealous of this girl who is in love with her best friend who she realized she's in love with and then she keeps doing drugs and smoking and not losing weight no matter how man times she says shes gonna diet and.. Ugh.

CatzWithHats

• catzwithhats user photo

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:56 AM ( #66 )

The Holy Bible.
  • Bathory likes this

tama forever2114

• tama-forever2114 user photo

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:40 PM ( #67 )

the worst series that i have ever read was The warriors

Fer Sure

• fer-sure user photo

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:20 AM ( #68 )

There's not many books that I hate, more I got bored of them.

The first book that comes to mind though, is Evermore, and the whole series of those books. I think its The Immortals series? I can't remember the author.
It just seemed like another cheap knock-off of Twilight, except the main boy isn't a vampire.