- - - - -

What's The Worst Book You've Ever Read?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• tictax user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:23 AM ( #69 )

The Baghdad mission :P

It was just sooooo boring I almost fell asleep halfway though (yes I had to read this for a project thing :P)

• oh user photo

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:28 PM ( #70 )

Where to start?

Twilight, i'm not giving reasons though because all of them are listed above, I TRIED to read that, and, it sucked.

Even though I love most of Roald Dahl's books, I couldn't stand Charlie and The Chocolate Factory! I don't know where my opinion of this book came from, I just didn't like it!

Warrior's. I attempted to read it in fifth grade and I got bored and confused within reading the first few chapters.

The Fudge by Judy Bloom books I totally despise. Like it seems like a poor plot to me. D:

And finally Avi books. I pretty much don't like any of those books and never did.

• bamfan1994771 user photo

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:46 PM ( #71 )

Umm well let's see...

Twilight is kinda bad

and honestly, I dont like the harry potter series very much. i can get into it, but theres just too many details and i lose interest soon

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:46 PM ( #72 )

EDIT: sorry my friend posted here and im not quite sure how to delete

Edited by Bamfan1994771, 17 June 2011 - 10:52 PM.

• robodog user photo

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:59 PM ( #73 )

A werewolf novel I picked up for two bucks at Wal Mart called Bestial. I wanted a good scary werewolf story. What I got was a practically X-Rated story ( and not for violence ) that was more repulsive than scary. And when it wasn't being disgusting it was mind numbingly stupid.
I've heard terrible things about Twilight. I know I'd hate it just from the descriptions I've read. But I'd still rather read the entire Twilight series cover to cover than to ever read Bestial again. That two bucks could have bought me some yummy McDonald's french fries. Instead I get crap in paper form.

• ladyplague user photo

Posted 19 June 2011 - 12:17 AM ( #74 )

There's Twilight for starters. (with that Edward could beat H.P statement, she's gone up much higher on my whom-to-kill-if-I-ever-get-a-Deathnote list)

In terms of others...I'd go with the High School Musical Manga. (yeah, i'm serious-there's a manga of the movie)

• robodog user photo

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:49 AM ( #75 )

Stephanie Mayer isn't half the writer JK Rowling is. She's not even on the same planet in terms of ability.

• runner user photo

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:52 PM ( #76 )

A book called "The Homework Machine". It was good until the end, when suddenly the 4 main characters all decide to couple up, cuz there were two girls and two boys in the 4. It was like some demented version of dominoes. I absolutely despised it.

In general, I pretty much hate fantasy. The Homework Machine isn't fantasy, but any fantasy book I read can get boring. With teh' exception of warriors and Harry Potter. And some other books.

• alicedodgson user photo

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:15 AM ( #77 )

I honestly really hated Pride & Prejudice.

• southparkpikachu user photo

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:33 AM ( #78 )

i hate the homework machine. i got bored 10 pages into the book.
i read a south park book targeted for younger kids (Like 4!) plus don't be saying im lying, ITS REAL. but it was made back like in 2003 so you can't find it in stores (if your lucky you might find it) the book is like this: Can you find *item*? thats right! you found a walkie-talkie! and half of the book uses one of those stickers that you can peel off, and theres a very weird page like this: Can you find Cartman and stan? >.< the only south park book that i don't like. its like those horrible dora books where you have to find the magic wand or a picnic basket. kiinda strange why there making adult things and editing them for like 2 year olds. they did the same with the inredible hulk. the incredible hulk is for teens, but theres a couple of books and stuff thats for 18 months!!! and why are people hating on twilight so much? someone like me could read something like "Twilight sucks" and people could be offended. plz don't hate me for liking twilight. :(

Edited by SouthParkPikachu, 12 July 2011 - 11:37 AM.

• plnkpenguin user photo

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:14 AM ( #79 )

worst book ive read was a beast quest 1! Whats so great about sum dumb boy looking 4 X monster, coming across X minor obstacle, overcoming X minor obsticle then capturin X monster?! They're all the same!

Also, this might sound wierd, but I personally hate Charles Dickens books. They go on.. and on.. and on.. Especially Oliver Twist, seriously boring. U might fink its not surprising 4 a 12 yr old 2 dislike Charles Dickens but i enjoy On The Origin Of Species by Charles Darwin, so hey.

Edited by plnkpenguin, 27 July 2011 - 03:19 AM.

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:05 AM ( #80 )

JK Rowling isnt half the writer R.A. Salvatore or James Patterson or Darren Shan are. Their books are so much better, I can't even compare.

edit: Not to say she isn't a bad writer! Her works are good!

Edited by Bamfan1994771, 28 July 2011 - 09:19 AM.

• violetchigirl user photo

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:02 AM ( #81 )

The pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho. Two hundred odd pages of somebody walking down the road to Santiago. His books are too long and too pointless, unless you're all philosophical :rolleyes:

Gotchi Guy46

• gotchi-guy46 user photo

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:08 PM ( #82 )

The twilight series, I swear it took me a while to realise because I was young at the time but all it is is Bella talking about how much she loves Edward.
  • kuchipatchi.is.blue55 likes this

• cheesynoodletama user photo

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:47 PM ( #83 )

Among the hidden. :/

Oh yes!!!! Someone else hates this book besides me! What sucks is that I have to read it for this book quiz competition thing at school! Why I hated it:
1. It doesn't explain things very much, like why the law was made, where they were, and what the year was. That would have helped a tiny bit.
2. It just made me so mad when he chickened out about the rally at the last minute!!!! :angry: :angry:
4. Jen's dad working for the population police made nooooooo sense. At. All.

And other books.... well, Twilight.... no, I won't say anything but this: the whole vampire thing is completely overrated and stupid.

• starryeyeddreamer user photo

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:20 PM ( #84 )

The old topic is here.

And please give reasons why you hate the book(s), not just "because I hate it."
I hate Twilight, the series, and Meyer.
*shields self from said book's rabid fangirls*
Edward Cullen is overly controlling. Bella wants to go see Jacob? BOOM. No she can't. She wants to see Charlie? No she can't. I remember first reading the series and thinking "Oooh, what a scary 'vampire'. I can't WAIT to see how they make him look in the movie." (Cuz, really, you knew they'd make a movie of it, what with all the publicity the book was getting) And they made him look like... like... a DISCO BALL! REAL vampires do NOT, in ANY WAY, resemble disco balls. Okay? EVER.
Bella Swan feels like she cannot live without Edward. When he leaves, she's depressed, then she has to go find another person--Jacob--to use, just for his company. She knows she's using him, yet, she continues.
And Jacob just randomly imprints on Renesmee. It's like, Meyer just threw that in at last minute so she'd stop getting hate mail from Team Jacob fans because he never got true love.
And Stephenie Meyer said--how DARE she, I was actually shaking with anger when I read this-- her precious little sparkly vampire could cross the room in 0.01 seconds and break Harry Potter's neck.
*shudders with anger*
So, haha, what book/series do YOU hate?

I actually agreed with every single thing you said (doesn't happen often for me with opinions).
Hmm...worst book for me...Pride and Prejudice.
I just could not get into it.
I even tried to buy Pride and Prejudice and Zombies thinking the zombie action would make it less boring. Nope.

• tamatechno227 user photo

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:45 PM ( #85 )

The Warrior Cats. I read the first book, and the plot is just too stupid for words.

ahh no those books were my favorite!!
  • zerimar11 likes this