Tamagotchi Angel vs. Devil

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamadot12

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

Most of the Angel-gotch forums are getting WAY more attention than the Devil forums. Well, I guess that's because most haven't even tried the Devil.

Yes, it is rare. But I think the Devil is better because the life span is longer, and it has more of an attitude than any other Tama. (Won't let you see stats, shoots loud fireworks during the night)

Also, I saw quite a few Angels for sale at around $30. Well, the Devilgotch costs in the realm of $300!!!!

So, I have yet to learn about the Tamagotchi Angel, so if you think it is truly more enjoyable then the Devil, please reply. I'd like to see BOTH sides of the story.

:D :rolleyes: :lol:

I just purchased a Devilgotchi from a friend for $70 and I already own, and have played with, a Tamagotchi Angel and Angelgotchi. When I get the Devil and play with it, I'll let you know because then I will know both sides of the story and will be able to make a better comparison. I do know a fair amount about Devilgotchis though (I am already familiar with all of the things you've mentioned about them). What I can say is that like Devilgotchis, the Angels have a motion sensor, for starters. I also like the fact that the Angels have a function where if it goes on a stroll (leaves the screen for a while), you can call it back using the motion sensor, and it usually comes back to the screen doing something cute. Angels have a lot of cute characters and secret characters. Also, when you play the game and get 5 vs. 0, it fills 2 happiness hearts instead of 1. I don't know how much you know about the Angels so I won't go on too much about them, but they're definitely worth having them in your collection. It's true that Angels get more face time on this board because they're less rare and much less expensive than the Devils but that's just the way it goes until Bandai decides to make the Devils again or lower the prices (which is not going to happen). Here's a GREAT website with information on Angels: https://www.mimitchi.com/html/tindex.htm. Just click on Angelgotchi Alley. I've been visiting this site ever since I got my first Tamagotchi back in 1998. I hope you get the chance to learn about the Tamagotchi Angel! :rolleyes: By the way, there is one Devil on Ebay right now for $150, so all is not lost! Still more expensive than the Angels, but less than $300. Also, if you're looking to buy a Tamagotchi Angel (the US version, not the Japanese Angelgotchis, which are usually $30, like you mentioned), I've seen them on Ebay for $150-250. So, in all fairness, there are pros and cons for both Angels and Devils. It all depends on what you're looking for price-wise and what you're looking for in a Tamagotchi. Please take the time to learn about Angels, they really are amazing, just like the Devils. :lol:

And it also beeps constantly, whether you regard that as a good or bad thing.

And it also beeps constantly, whether you regard that as a good or bad thing.
Hmmm. If you're talking about the Tamagotchi Angel/Angelgotchi, I'd have to disagree. Angels are one of the least demanding Tamagotchis, once you get past the usual demanding baby stage. I can't speak for the Devilgotchi, not having received mine yet.

OK, and many thanks for the info. I also probably would have never caught that on ebay. And I guess the Angel is pretty sweet too. The strolling thing is what I hear of everywhere. I am actually getting an Angel-gotch soon. Is it true that the beep for attention is not very loud? (Doesn't matter, I have hearing like a bat :D ) And the Devils DO have an attitude, so I guess we both shall be seeing which is better soon. K thanks, message me when you get it!

:)

The Angel's beep is not louder than usual when comparing to other ancestor Tamagotchis, but it's different than say, the P2s (if you've ever had one). Also, I'm not sure if you've heard, but when an adult Angel beeps for praise (when an Angel is younger, it doesn't beep when it wants praise, but the attention icon lights up, so you would have to keep an eye out), the beep is also different, but not too loud. Glad you're getting an Angel! I will respond to this topic again once I get the Devilgotchi. :)

Okay, so I finally got a chance to play with my Devilgotchi for a little while and I like it overall. To be honest though, I prefer Angels. At least now, anyway. Only time will tell. When I first started the Devil, I immediately was taken aback by the beeping. Not only was it different (which is good) but it was noticeably "louder" than (I mean this in respect to) the Angel. It's not the typical beeping you hear with regular vintage Tamagotchis. It's more of like a buzzing, for lack of better words. I got used to it after a while though.

Another thing that I find a little bothersome is the late-night antics of the Devil. :eek: I like to keep the sound on all the time in general for Tamagotchis, but it works out for the other vintage Tamagotchis because they don't make sounds in the middle of the night. Well, the Devil does. There are certain activities that the Devil does at certain times, which is a pretty neat function but one can be particularly annoying: I think about every half hour or so after it goes to bed until midnight (but sometimes early in the morning), a bat from "Devil World" will fly up onto the screen for a few seconds and play a little tune, which can be a little startling at times. Lucky for me, I usually stay up past midnight anyway, but I would recommend turning the sound off, just through the night anyway. Otherwise, I think the events that happen are pretty cool and it varies based on the character you have or what time of day it is: https://www.peppersoup.net/tamasquare/devilgotchi2.php.

Oh, and I was also disappointed (and probably also misinformed, by Wikipedia, uncharacteristically) that the Devilgotchi doesn't have a motion sensor. I was kind of looking forward to that, but it doesn't seem to have one. Unless someone can helpfully steer me in the right direction regarding this so-called motion/sound sensor. The Angelgotchi/Tamagotchi Angel, on the other hand, utilizes a motion sensor.

Now onto some of the things I like. One of the first things I noticed about the Devilgotchi is how incredibly low-maintenance it is. Even more so than the Angelgotchi/Tamagotchi Angel, who goes through the traditional baby stage that regular vintage Tamagotchis do. The Devil skips that altogether. I also like the fact that the Devil misbehaves (screen goes black while Devil appears white, Devil throws the pie back at you, pretends to sleep during the game, won't let you clean the screen, etc.). I know, it's kind of counter-intuitive, but the animations are pretty cute and it's fun trying to lower the Devil Power and all. The game is different: the Devil eats the stars rather than trying to jump over them, like the Angel does. Like the Angel, if you are successful on all tries in one game, 2 happiness hearts get filled up instead of 1. The handshake function is cute too: once in a while, the Devil will call for attention and will appear to be smiling on the screen. This means that he likes you and wants to shake your hand, which I think is pretty cute. It also helps lower the Devil Power. It's similar to the "praise" function on the Angels.

This is what I have so far. Maybe as time goes on, I'll find other neat things about the Devilgotchi. All things considered, it was worth the $70 I paid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and on the angel, is it true that if you do absolutely nothing with it it will turn in to Unchi? (LOL looks like poop) And on the Devil, you can also raise an angel-like character; DP under one and shake its hand and it will change into a character I forgot the name for; it comes from Devil Mametchi. And from Devil Dori, you can raise, basically, satin if the devil points are over 90 and neglect it when it needs attention.

Yes, it is true that you can get the Lucky Unchi-Kun (Angelgotchi) or Lucky Poop (Tamagotchi Angel) but I wouldn't necessarily say you do NOTHING to get it. You probably have to plan it somehow, but I've heard people normally get it by accident. You have to get a secret character first, called Sabotenshi (this is on the Angelgotchi...it looks like a cactus) or the Smiling Angel (on the US version, the Tamagotchi Angel). From there, you can get the poop by RUMORED bad care, just like you mentioned. I'm going to direct you again to one of the sites I mentioned above, mimitchi.com. It's a fantastic site for vintage Tamagotchis. Here is the general page for the Angels: https://www.mimitchi.com/html/tangel.htm. Here is the really helpful page on all the characters, Japanese and English equivalents and how to get them: https://www.mimitchi.com/html/tangch.htm. You mentioned in your message that you paid $17 for yours, so I'm going to assume you got the Japanese Angelgotchi, right? Normally, the Tamagotchi Angels go for WAY more than that. Which color did you get? I have a pearl blue one; blue is my favorite color. :D I also have a pearl pink Tamagotchi Angel. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Oh yes, and I think I did hear about those Devil characters, but I'll have to see it for myself. I haven't quite raised mine to adulthood yet. We shall see!

Thanks for the link! I love Tamenagerie, it's also one of my favorite Tamagotchi sites. :D Good luck with your Angelgotchi, let me know how it goes if you'd like and feel free to ask questions!

I tried and own both and I have to say that I love the devil most of all tamagotchis I ever owned

and I might say I nearly had all :D The Devil is really special - it sounds different, it's "cheeky" (I

hope that's the right word), has great little animations that can really scare you at night, so turn off

the sound ^^ The Cases look really cute, the colors, the Wings... the Background. I love it! <3

And I LOVE the character - I even got it tattooed on me. I'll always love it, even when I'm old. I feel

no shame about it :3 While the Angel also is cute, it's just "too normal" to me.

The Devil IS really good, but sadly many have not tried it. If Bandai really wanted to make money, they should release one with at least a motion sensor.

Well, is it possible to debug an Angel? Mine just got here. It's pretty neat. I like the door animation.

Actually, I don't think you can debug any of the vintage ones. That's probably because no one's attempted it, but I'd rather not break my precious vintage Tamagotchis. Most of them cost me at least $30. :) I agree about your point about how there's just not enough exposure to the Devilgotchis, which is why people don't know about them. Oh well, what can you do?

Yeah, I don't think the Ancestors can be debugged. I'm not gonna do it anyway. Old School Tama, what color Devil did you get? I like the purple and black one.

I've never played with either before but I think they both sound interesting. I just think that the Angel sounds better and I'm getting one for my birthday :) . I hope I can find one on EBay for a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back