Envy

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

White_Roses2

Reaction score
This is the first chapter of a story I started to write. It's about a girl called Rose, she falls in love with a boy from another planet, named the Shadowlands. It's a lot of writing, but read it if you want.

[SIZE=14pt]ENVY[/SIZE]

Envy. The thing everybody hates to feel. The feeling you get when you see another girl with your crush. When you see someone prettier than you, who gets all the the attention. When you lose.

It’s my greatest love.

The only thing that could kill me and never feel regret or pain. I love the thing that hates me more than the many things in the world that love me and cherish me until the end of time. I just throw those things away so I can be hated. Envy in the most beautiful monster in existence.

I'm sitting in my bedroom. It's after school on a Friday. The radio is playing in the background; soon my favorite song comes on. Nodding my head to the music, I type one last sentence. I'm on the forums, role-playing as I always do. My love for fantasy is infinite. I dream of other worlds. Vampires, fairies, sometimes I make up others as I sleep. My sketch book is filled with drawings of them, some from when I was just a child, before I turned five, even. Half of them don't make any sense, but it's fantasy. I don't care.

My mother told me of my father sometimes. I know little about him. Not even his name. She told me he was an adventurer. One day he left, never came back. She told me he was strange, but a beautiful creature all the same. She told me he was like a vampire, but I never understood what she meant. She told me I looked exactly like her, nothing from my father other than my eyes. My bright lime green eyes, even brighter than a cat's. Everything else I got from her. The dark brown wavy hair, the light olive skin, even the height and body shape.

My mother also told me he lived up to his name. Always happy and optimistic, full of energy. She never told me what his name was. I never understood anything about him. Sometimes, if I asked her about him, she'd cry. I could tell she still loved him, even if had been sixteen years since he left. Never in my whole life had I met him.

Something in my gut is telling me something bad is about to happen to me, but I don’t know what.

My thoughts are interrupted when the ground shakes. I jump up and grab my phone, shutting my laptop and putting it on the bed. I run to the doorway as fast as I can, and my mum nearly crashes into me. The ground is still shaking, but nothing else seems to be. everything stays perfectly still on my desk. Nothing falls, anywhere.

"Is this an earthquake?" I ask my mother.

She looks around, holding onto the doorway. "I think so." She replies. "But nothing is falling." She looks back at me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

The shaking stops. Everything is still where it is.

My mum frowns. "That was strange."

I nod slowly.

"Right then." She mutters after a few moments of silence. She leaves the room, back to the studio.

My mother is an artist of some kind. She mostly paints abstract things that don't make any sense. I can only see what it really is if I look at it for hours with uninterrupted concentration. In truth, she love fantasy as much as I do. She truly believes in the impossible.

The music on my radio suddenly cuts out. It’s just buzzing for ages. I stand there in the doorway staring at it, confused. “They’re coming.” Mutters a voice.

“What?” I murmur to myself. How is that possible?

“..interrupt this program to broadcast some important news.”

What the heck? What just happened?

“A strange portal has opened in Mentone.”

“As if.” I utter out loud, though I can’t help but be curious. I stroll over to the TV cabinet in my room, casually pressing the on button and watch while the screen flickers on. I’m about to switch to the new channel, but the broadcast is already on. The channel logo is in the upper corner, and it definitely isn’t the news.

Is this some movie add?

“..vortex has strangely appeared in the middle of Mentone’s local shopping center.” Announces the reporter. “At the moment we are trying to get a closer look at this unnatural happening.”

“This is anything but unnatural.” Proclaims an unidentified woman.

The camera jolts towards her.

She’s dressed in a long dark purple gown. It’s off the shoulders, lined with black silk. There is a corset style belt, the skirt decorated with ombre petals. Her skin is deathly pale, like a vampire’s. Her hair is a shiny pitch black, but her eyes are violet in colour. “It’s a thing called a tradition. A practice, ritual, a way of life, a habit for our family.” She sighs as if we’re stupid creatures.

“We know what tradition means.” Utters a brave man.

“SILENCE!” The woman screams without moving her head. “Now, where were we?” She smirks at the camera. “The queen brings her eldest son to Earth to study human ways. Sometimes we bring the other siblings.”

My mouth falls open. “What the heck?!” I exclaim a little to loudly.

My mother runs into the room. “Are you okay? What’s wrong?” She asks, worried, eyebrows creased.

“Oh, ah, nothing. Never mind.” I reply hurriedly, pulling my boots on as I hop out the door. “I’ll be back soon!”

Minutes later I arrive at the vortex. There’s a huge crowd, and a few cameras, each and everyone staring into the middle, at the ‘Queen’.

How is this possible?

Pushing into the crowd, to the front, I notice there’s more than one of them. Six girls standing in a line, next to their mother. No son in sight. Each girl looking around the crowd, looking down on us. Their ages vary widely, I can see.

The two youngest are a pair of twins, around the age of five. Their dresses are nearly identical, similar to their mother’s in many ways. The same black belt around the waist, a boat neck style collar, lined with black silk, and a smooth skirt without decor. One twin wears a violet dress, her black hair held up in double pony tails. The other wears a blood red, her hair held in one pony tail. The pair of them have violet eyes like their mother, looking over us with a sinister gaze.

The next sister, with a vast age difference from the twins, looks around fourteen. She is wearing thick black eyeliner, and gold glittery eyeshadow. Her eyes are an amber-gold colour, matching her golden dress. The garment is the same as all of the older sisters, off the shoulder, lined with black silk, a corset belt and smooth skirt. She wears many rings and necklaces, each one gold and encrusted with jewels.

The next three sisters and nearly identical. They wear a larger version of the same dress. Each one has a different hairstyle, but the same amber-gold eyes. One wears a carmine red dress, her hair falls straight and beautiful, flowing around her face. The second wears a pale blue, her hair wavy and long. The third wears pink, her hair is wavy, the same as the second, but her fringe in cut straight, just under her eyebrows.

And the son? No where to be seen.

“What a curious group of humans. So mysterious, so interesting.” The queen comments, looking right into my bright green eyes with a menacing stare.

“The heir, future king,” She continues, still smirking into my gaze. I can feel a few people look at me for a moment, before turning to the vortex.

“The queen seems to have something against this girl.” I hear the reported say. “Someone new is retreating from the vortex here.”

I turn my head towards the portal when I hear several girls my age gasp or giggle. There’s a boy standing there, the cutest boy I’ve ever seen.

Let me know if you like it, okay? :)

Oh and I can't think of the last name for the boy and his family.

The mother is Katherine, and the girls are Lust, Gluttony, Sloth, Greed, Wrath and Pride. The boy is called Envy. If you can think of anything I'm open for suggestions.

Oh I remember this ! :D

It's changed quite a bit, but it's definitely got potential.

This was already pointed out last time, but the introductory bit was what I like best.

It's smooth, to the point, and precise enough to give readers a taste of what's to come.

Only thing I'd do is draw out the very last sentence to give it that 'cliffhanger' effect.

I love cliffhangers myself, they build up the suspense and keep readers tensed.

Just my two cents. ;)

You have a point with the cliffhanger... the next chapter nearly says the same thing in the first sentence, so thanks. Never thought about that. :D

Chapter 2: That Boy

He’s just standing there, this really cute boy, in front of the portal, wearing an old fashioned hussar jacket, and a pair of black trousers. His eyes are nearly the same as mine, only a few shades darker. His hair falls just over his eyes, and he grins cutely as he looks around. Finally his eyes fall on me. There’s this look, something I’ve seen before. I just can’t think of what it is. Before I can put my finger on it, he blinks, and shakes his head. Suddenly there’s a different look. Sinister and menacing. Pure evil. Now I notice he has a sword in his hand.

This is bad. Really bad. Here stands the cutest boy in the world, with an evil look in his eyes and a sword in his hand, his mother seems to have something against me and the rest of the sisters are just as evil. What do I do? Run. Unfortunately when the whole crowd is completely bunched up, it’s a tad hard to get out. I spin on my heels towards the people behind me. Each one of the people around look at my face, at my eyes, they can see the fear. They move out of the way, letting me go first. A few children are scared too, they follow me, calling for their parents to follow. They do. Everyone does. Those monsters could have been the death of us. About half of the imaginative people would have thought they were some kind of vampire. I knew better than that. These monsters are worse. Much, much worse.

My boots are banging against the surface of the road. I’m nearly there, at the other side. I’ll keep on running. I’ll get my mother and tell her what’s going on. She’ll believe me. She’s like that. She believes everything. Anything. I glance behind me one last time, but I hear my name being called.

“Rose you idiot stop!!” She yells. It’s Ivy. My best friend. Only a few meters away.

I hear a sword clatter to the ground. Someone screams. Someone pushes me, just slightly. Everything is going so slowly. That’s when I realize it. There is a car just centimeters from me. That boy, that evil boy, he pushed me. Just up into the air slightly, so that car wouldn’t kill me. He pushed me so that it would only hit my leg.

BANG!!

I can’t see anything. All I can feel is the pain in my left leg, and my arm is stinging. I can’t remember what just happened. It’s all black. I don’t know where I am, but someone is calling my name, someone is shaking me, back and forth. I want to open my eyes, but I just can’t.

“Rose, Rose, wake up!” She screams. “Rose!”

The next thing I know, I’m lying on a soft surface. The sky is white, everything is silent. Did I die? Am I dead?

I blink. What is this place? Why is everything just white? Confused, I begin to sit up, but something holds me down.

“Don’t sit up, it’ll hurt.” Someone is holding my shoulder.

I look over. She is dressed in a white coat. Her dark hair is held back in a tight bun, and she’s wearing black trousers.

“Are you okay? You took quite a hit.” She smiles. “Don’t worry, you’ll be fine. We’ve bandaged you up.”

I continue to stare at her blankly. “W..where am I?”

“The hospital. You were hit by a car.”

“Oh, right, that.”

Someone taps on the door. She looks up. “I’m Dr Thompson, by the way. I’ll be taking care of you.” She mentions, before going to open the door. My anxious mother runs in, Ivy behind her.

“You okay, hun?” She questions.

I smile at her. “Fine enough. What happened to me? How did I get hit by a car?”

Ivy grins. “Your fault, idiot. You ran across the road without looking.”
“But.. why?”

“How should I know?!”

After half an hour of questioning, Dr Thompson tells them they should go. I’m feeling tired now, ready to sleep. Dr Thompson is about to leave, but I stop her.

“So what happened?” I ask loudly.

“What do you mean?” She replies, looking over her shoulder.
“Um.. I mean, did I break anything?”

Dr Thompson spins around. “Oh, okay. Well, your left leg is broken in the shin, and you’ve practically skinned your left arm. Everything else is fine, other than a few scratches. It also seems that you don’t remember what actually happened, but that’s it.”

“Thanks.”

She leaves seconds later, but I keep watching the door. It feels like someone is watching me. Why did I run across the road without looking like that? Why?

Someone walks past the door. Someone I recognize but don’t know. They look at me, just for a second, then nothing. I fall asleep within minutes, dreaming. The dream is something familiar. The ground shaking, the radio, the TV, running to the shopping center, then that boy. That boy. I awake screaming, though it’s after midnight, pitch black and I’m sweating. It was him. He’s the reason I was hit by the car. That evil boy.

He could’ve killed me but saved my life. I remember it now.

Dr Thompson bursts into the room. “Are you okay? Why were you screaming?”

“I’m fine, sorry, just a nightmare. I remembered why I ran across the road.”

“You did? Tell me, Rose.” She sits on the side of the bed, watching me intently.

“Well,” I hesitate, “I was in Seaview, because I heard on the radio about the portal and there was this boy, who looked at me.. he came from the portal and I could see in his eyes that he was evil, so I ran.”

She creases her eyebrows. “The portal? What?”

“In Mentone, the portal? It was all over TV and the radio.”

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

I look at her, puzzled. “You don’t remember?”

“Rose, that never happened.”

“It did! Yesterday, around 5pm.”

She shakes her head, “No, go back to sleep.”

Weird. Why wouldn’t she remember something that big?

For days I didn’t speak of that again. I avoided the topic completely, dismissing it as a strange dream. I got hit by that car because ‘I wasn’t concentrating’, that’s what I said the next morning. Mum came to visit me each day for the next week, and she dragged Ivy along after school. I got to miss the last week of year 10 because I was in hospital. Sure, it hurt, but good enough. My birthday is in February, in the first week of school and I’m turning seventeen. Christmas is in only a week, that’ll be good.

It’s now Sunday afternoon, and Mum is coming to pick me up in a minute. Dr Thompson is helping me onto the crutches next to my bed. I’m going to tell mum what happened. She’s the one person who won’t think I’m mad.

After minutes of an awkward silence, my mother taps on the door. Dr Thompson opens it for her, and she comes inside to greet me. “So, home then.”

I nod and smile. “Thank you, Dr Thompson.”

After we get home, I sit on the couch. “Mum,” I mutter, though she still hears me.

“Yes, Rose?”

I take a deep breath. “Can you keep a secret?”
She nods.

“I know why I got hit by that car. I remember.” I tell her. “Don’t think I’m crazy, please.”
She nods again.

“There was a portal. In Seaview. These people came out of it. They looked like vampires, deathly pale skin, black hair and weird colour eyes. I knew they weren’t though. They felt worse.” I look up at her. She has a look of understanding on her face.

“And.. well, the boy that came from the portal last, she called him the ‘heir’, he looked all around the group, then at me, and there was this flash of evil in his eyes, so I ran.”

Mum nods.

“And the mother, she was the Queen. She was looking at me, at my eyes, she said that ‘humans were so curious, so mysterious’ and she just kept staring at me. And there was six others, the daughters, princesses, I guess.”

“They’ve come back. No... not you Rose... oh no no no. They know.”

I stare at her. “What is it, Mum?”

“They know about me. About your father. About you. They must.”

Please go on! This is getting really really interesting! Really good! YOu have a really good talent for writing!!!!

Chapter 3: Not Again

“Mum, what are you talking about?” I ask again, panicking. “Who came back? Who knows about us? Who knows what about us?”

She looks up at me once more. “Rose, if they take me, promise you’ll hide.”

I continue to stare at her, frightened and confused.

“Don’t worry now, please, you’ll be fine. Just don’t show your eyes to anyone suspicious.”

She’s acting crazy. My mother, saying these crazy things. I know they’re not that crazy, though. I just want to think that so I can think everything is fine when it is most definitely not. I can’t stop thinking that when I come home she won’t be there, or that I won’t get home because of it.

Right now I’m just hopping down the street on my crutches, to Southland. I’m getting a present for my mother. I’m not even sure if I’ll get to give it to her, but oh well. I keep looking at the ground, not wanting anyone to see my eyes, just in case. Who knows who could be in such a public place?

Once I get to the shop, I have to look up. I need to look at the paint and the supplies so that I can choose. Mum told me she wanted some pencils, but that’s not much of a present. She doesn’t have any pastels, she just didn’t want me to go to too much trouble. I’ll still get the pencils though.

Someone comes up next to me. 
“Need any help choosing something?” He says into my ear, startling me.

I jump, then laugh. “Sorry, you caught me by surprise. Um, I’m getting a present for my mum. She doesn’t have any pastels, but I’m having trouble choosing. Which ones are best?”

“Depends on how much money you have.”
“Oh, um, I saved up $150 dollars.”

He ponders for a moment before picking up a medium sized box. “Then you should have a go at these ones. They’re quite soft, easy to use, range of colours. This here is a pack of 65 pastels. $95 dollars. Is that all?”

“Yeah, I guess.” I reply, then look back at the ground as I pick up a packet of HB pencils.

“$99.95.” The cashier says when I put the pencils down on the counter. “Would you like a bag?”

“Um, yes, thanks.” I reply.

After that I wander out of the building. Down the street, slowly, much slower than I usually do, just in case. It takes me twenty minutes rather than ten to reach that bus stop. I don’t know why I didn’t just catch the bus from Southland. Something was drawing me here.

I sit down on the bench, bag next to me, looking at my feet, when someone emerges from the house in front of me. I look up, just for a second, because I realise she’s on of them. She’s one of the triplets, the one who wore that carmine red. Thankfully she hasn’t noticed me, because she’s been distracted by someone calling out to her.

“Lust!” The girl calls. “Wait up!”

Lust stops and turns around, sighing. “No, you hurry up, Gluttony. I said I was leaving, you should know I don’t wait for people.”

Another of the triplets emerge. She looks almost exactly like Lust, but she is one of the two with wavy hair. She’s wearing pale pink t-shirt.

“Wait for Sloth, too.”

Lust sighs again, rolling her eyes at Gluttony. “Fine.”

The next girl wanders out, brushing her hair away from her face. She wears a simple blue shirt and baggy jeans.

“Anyone else?” Lust growls at Sloth.

“Yah.” Sloth mutters. “Everyone.”

The girl who wore gold comes out seconds later, holding the hands of the twins. No-one mentions their names, Lust just glares at them while she waits. The boy is the last to come out, and he’s the only one that sees me. The moment he looks at me I turn my head away, but I know he saw me. He’s seen me before, and saved my life.

“Don’t wait up, I have stuff to do.” I hear him say. He walks inside the gate while they walk down the street, but he comes straight back out when they’re gone. I keep my eyes on the ground anyway.

He crosses the street, and sits down next to me. A minute passes and no-one says anything.

“...Hello?” He mutters.

“What?” I reply quietly.

“I saved your life and all you say is what?”

He keeps looking at me, waiting for me to look up. I’m tempted, even though I know I shouldn’t. When I do, he smiles at me. That same cute grin.

I smile back. “Hi.”

“Hey.”

“I wanted to ask you something,” I begin. “Why would you... well, save my life?”

“Because you’re a unique, beautiful creature who deserves to live.” He doesn’t even hesitate.

I feel my cheeks flush, but I let out a giggle. “You sound very sure of that.” I’m falling for him already...

“I guess so.” He chuckles. “What’s your name?”

“Rose, yours?”

“Envy.”

Wait a second, why am I talking to him so freely? Shouldn’t I be avoiding him?

“I, uh, have to go soon. The bus is nearly here.” I mutter, looking down the street.

Envy nods and notices my crutches leaning on the bench next to me. “Would you like some help?”

“Oh, yeah, thanks.”

After I sit down next to a black haired girl, I look at him through the window. He smiles, but then his eyes shift to the girl behind me, and he frowns.

I look at her quickly; she has the same expression on her face, scowling down at him.

What?

I get off the bus, but I just stand there for a while.

Who was that girl? What would he have to frown about to her? Do they know each other?

It's not like my mother would know the answer to that. She believes, she doesn't know the exact details.

After minutes I finally turn around an start limping down to the corner. My house is just around it, but the gate is shut, meaning mum isn't home. I don't have the key with me either, so I just put down the bag and stand there. That's when I remember that my phone is in my pocket. I take it out with much difficulty, but once it's in my hand I dial my mum's number.

"Rose?" She answers.

"Yeah, where are you? You said you'd be home."

She pauses for a moment. "Are you at home?"

“Yeah.”

“Oh.”

I sigh into the mobile. “You don’t have to worry about me that much, you know. You could have just called me. Now come home and let me in.”

“Sorry, Rose. It’s just with what’s going on now I thought maybe they’d found you.”

"Mum, I'm fine."

"Okay, I'm coming back, but I'm not hanging up until I get there."

I snort at her, and hang up the phone.

Five minutes later she parks, then steps out of the car and glares at me.

"Rose Melissa Whitney, did you hang up on me, young lady?"

I roll my eyes. "Well excuse me, Gabriella Monique Whitney, money doesn't grow on trees so I'm not having you wasting my credit!"

She suddenly smiles at me. "You remind me of your father."

I grin back.

"The same sense of humor." She mutters as she unlocks the gate.

A week passes like any other. My mother and I get up at around the same time in the mornings, we have breakfast together and chat for a bit, then go into the studio and sketch. Around lunch my mother makes a salad, then back to the studio. We eat dinner together, then back to the studio again for a few hours, then bed time.

I noticed that every second picture I drew had something to do with Envy. I even drew a green haired girl in a green dress standing in a green forest, the colour of envy. One of the last pictures I drew was him when he first looked at me, and when I went to get my lunch, my mother looked at it, the same expression she wears when I ask her about dad.

She looked at that picture again today. I was just about to leave, to get some ingredients for a Christmas cake, when she turned and looked at me, with tears in her eyes. 
“Promise me you’ll come back.”
I didn’t say anything. I just smiled at her and left.

“Rose?”

I spin towards the voice. “Envy?” I reply. “You don’t live near here.”

He chuckles. “Something was drawing me here.”

That’s exactly why we met last week, something was drawing me there... what is this?

I look at him in astonishment. “You- ...really?”

“...Yah.”

“Um...” I twiddle my fingers behind my back. “Why is it that some people don’t remember this? I mean, when you came.”

He ponders for a moment. “What do you mean some? You’re the only one. My mother erased people’s memories for a reason; yours too, but I restored it.”

“You walked past my door when I was in the hospital! When I fell asleep again I remembered! That was you?”

He nods.

“But people thought I was mad!”
He laughs. “You deserve to know the truth. I know what you are, you probably knew something about it anyway.”

I take a step back, staring at him. “What I am... what do you mean? I’m human!”

His eyes widen. “You don’t know? But... your eyes, that’s not human.”

“What the hell are you talking about?!”

“Mother saw it, Scarlett too. But not you?” He sighs. “It seems as though you are not what you thought you were.”

That's the third chapter! I've just finished the fourth, so I can post that tomorrow. :D

Fourth chapter :) opinions please

Chapter 4: Unknown Secrets

“What the heck are you talking about?”

Envy stares at me for a minute, then blinks. “I’m sorry, I think I said something I shouldn’t have.”

“Oh, really?!” I snap sarcastically, before limping past him on my crutches into the supermarket.

I grab all the ingredients I need as fast as I can for the chocolate cake. After I pay, I storm out the door, past Envy, all the way back home.

That bastard, saying those things to me. I just sit there and sulk in my bed while the cake cooks. I can’t believe he has the guts to say that to me.

But he seemed confused, like he thought I would know what he was talking about. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe I’m the one at fault. Maybe I shouldn’t have said those things to him.

Oh crap, what do I do?

The timer suddenly goes off and startles me. I get the cake out and let it rest, but I keep thinking about what Envy said. Is it possible that I’m not a human?

“Hey mum?” I call.

“Yeah?” She replies.

“Can you come here?”

There’s a pause. “Just a second.” She comes into the kitchen.

“Who was my dad?” I ask her. “What was his name?”
She looks surprised. “Your father’s name was Ju... Jack.”

“... What did he look like?”
“Don’t ask me all these questions!!” She screams. “There are some things you don’t need to know! I don’t want to talk about him, okay?!”

What...? I just gape at her, scared. What was that sudden outburst?

She went silent and glared at me. I had only asked her two questions. It's like there was something she really didn't want me to know. I stepped back, away from her. She continued to glare at me. The atmosphere was now tense, and she sighed heavily before storming out of the room.

Christmas day isn't as good as it could have been. I gave mum her present, she gave me mine, and then she just avoided me for the rest of the day. I don't know if she even likes her present. I opened mine after she left the room, and it is a silver necklace with an emerald set in it, the same shade as my eyes. It seems to glow when I wear it.

Ivy called me this morning, the day after Christmas. She asked me to go to Kickos with her for lunch. I agreed, of course, since she is my best friend. Only, when I get there, I can't see her any where, so I just sit at the table and wait. After around fifteen minutes, someone else comes and sits at the chair next to me. "Sorry, that seat is taken." I mutter without looking up.

"Oh, don't you have room for cute boys?"

I look up at the boy sitting next to me. It's Envy. "I do, actually, and that's why you're not welcome."

"Ouch." He replies. "But I wanted to talk to you. Um, nice necklace, by the way."

I glance down at the necklace my mother gave me, then my watch. "You have five minutes."

"I'm sorry about the other day." He starts. "I don't know why I said that to you."

"No, it's fine… I'm sorry for snapping at you. And I wanted to ask you a question."

He smiles. "Go ahead."

"The other day, when I was at the bus stop near your house, after I got on the bus… who was that girl you were looking at evilly?"

"Was it the black haired girl?"

"Yeah, her."

He pauses for a moment. "She is Scarlett, my fiancee."

Ivy suddenly pops up out of no-where. "Who's this?" She questions eagerly.

"Some idiot." I spit out. "He was just leaving." I glare at him. "And don't think I trust you because you saved my life." I add in a whisper.

Ivy senses something bad just happened. She shuts up.

Envy has a look on his face. It's like 'oops'. He stands up without saying anything and walks away.

Ivy sits down on the other side of the table. "Come on Rose, don't be so mean! He was cute as!"

I glare at her and roll my eyes. "There are more important things in life than cute boys."

"Like…? Anyway, he was more than cute! He was scorching! What could he have done to offend you anyway? I haven't seen him around. How do you even know him?"

"I've met him before. You wouldn't know and I don't want to tell you. It wouldn't make any sense anyway." Try telling someone that the really cute boy is a prince from another planet and he has a fiancee, I thought bitterly.

Ivy looked hurt and she fell quiet instantly. I knew I'd really upset her, we normally told each other everything.

In the middle of our silence, that was becoming extremely awkward, extremely quickly, a waitress comes over to take our order. We both said, "I'll have an Ice Chocolate." at the exact same moment, which just made it even more awkward. On any other occasion we both would've started laughing, but not today.

The next few weeks passed uneventfully, to my relief. I hadn't seen Envy since, and I had made up with Ivy. My arm healed and I had the cast removed from my leg. I could finally walk again, but by the time I was free, the start of school was only a week away, though with that came my birthday. I was excited, though, unfortunately, I had seen Envy in my school uniform. He goes to Mentone Grammar, too, and I was surprised that Ivy hadn't seen him in the last week of school.

Before I knew it, the last days of the holidays were up and I woke up on a warm February morning, or in other words, my 18th birthday. At the same time it was the first day of year 12 and I wasn't very happy for more than a second when I remembered.

Envy will be there, with his girlfriend, most likely, which will kill me.

I got on the bus after I was ready for school, which was a rather boring trip. When I get off it starts raining, but the road is busy and I don't have anything to cover myself with. Luckily Ivy turns up half a second later with hers, so we walk into the school together.

We walk up the stairs together, into the hallway, on our way to our lockers. Envy walks past me with Scarlett, and he calls out to me. I ignore him completely. Ivy sighs.

"Seriously, what have you got against him?"

"He just happened to say some things to me that got me mad, okay."

She laughs a little bit, and I think she understands.

We keep walking. I look back at Envy when we get to our lockers; he's still standing there, Scarlett waiting impatiently behind him.

Ivy and I have of first classes together, but at recess she's nowhere to be seen. The next classes are separate for us, and I see her at lunch.

"Where were you at recess?" I ask her.

"It's a surprise." She giggles.

After lunch Ivy keeps grinning at me. It's kinda weird. I start to open my locker and she squeals. A little piece paper falls out and Ivy keeps smiling.

"Ivy?" I ask her. "What's this?"

"Not from me." She replies almost instantly.

I sigh and open it up. "Meet me at the gate after school." I read aloud.

No name. I flip it over, and all it says is 'Jealousy'. What does that mean?

"Should I go?" I ask Ivy.

She stares at me, dumbfounded. "Well duh."

After school I walk out to the gate. Most other people have gone, Ivy included, so there isn't many people here.

I wait for fifteen minutes before someone calls my name. I turn around, and who else would it be? Envy.

"Oh, it's you." I mutter, then turn to walk away.

He stops me with an apology. "I'm sorry about what I said to you at the coffee shop those weeks go."

I turn back to Envy slowly. "What, that you have a fiancee? Not really the best thing to say, in case you hadn't noticed."

"Scarlett… well she's… um…"

"She's what?"

"I don't even like her."

Face palm. "So why is she your fiancee?" I'm getting frustrated.

He pauses. "It might not make sense, but-"

"I already know that you're prince from another planet, and you're not a human."

"Right." He hesitates. "I didn't want to marry her. My mother is the queen, so she chose a bride for me about a year ago. I didn't even meet her till we came here. I don't like her nearly as much as you."

My cheeks go red. "Really?" I manage to say. How did he make me change my mind so quickly?

"Yeah. Oh, and Happy Birthday." He grins the way I love.

I smile at him. "Do you happen to have a present for me?"

He opens his mouth to speak, but stops for a moment, thinking.

I giggle. "Envy, just kiss me."

He leans closer to me, but stops. He just stands there for a few seconds. I notice he has that look in his eyes from when I first saw him, and I know what it is now. It's love.

Now that I can see that, I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer to me. Our lips touch and I can feel his fingers run through my hair.

I don't know why people would bother posting comments on this.

It's very very very very very very very very excellent! I love it! Keep writing! Please! The puncuation and grammar and everything is just..perfect! I would love to get this into a book! I wish you could publish it once you finish the story! Hahaha. It's obviously great! Keep up the great writing! :)

Yay! That makes... three people who have read it who love it! Lol two of my friends are obsessed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! I'd never thought something that I made up when I was bored could be this good :)

I am changing some important facts and I can't really edit my first chapter here so I'll just tell you:

1. Rose and the others are in year 12 instead of year 11.

2. Which means Rose has to turn 18, it just makes more sense to me that way. (She is also older than most of her friends since she is born in February)

3. Envy and his family first appeared in Mentone Station instead of Seaview Shops(places only I probably know :huh: )

4: :3 lol

Here is chapter 5 :D

Um - warning: Scarlett likes to insult Rose. I bleeped the not so kid friendly words

Chapter 5: Ruined

That perfect moment only lasts for ten seconds. Someone pulls me to the ground by my hair. "Hey, b**ch, get off my man." She says. It's Scarlett. "And Envy, you stupid b**tard, don't cheat on me." She slaps him in the face so hard he nearly falls over. Scarlett now stands between us, her curled hair blowing in the wind. She has pinkish-red eyes, lined with black eyeliner. He lips are rather dark in contrast with her skin, making her look like she's wearing lipstick.

She looks down at me sinisterly, then pulls me back up harshly by my arm. I'm standing only about ten centimetres from her, but she's about twenty shorter than me. Standing over her like this, I feel empowered. She doesn't look very intimidated by me either. I glance at Envy quickly, and he looks worried. I snatch my arm away from Scarlett.

"Rose, seriously, get out of here! She's way stronger than she looks."

I know he means it. She's not human, after all. Who knows what she can do?

I push Scarlett away from me, and leave the school, walking. I don't want to look weak to her, but as soon as I'm out of her sight, I sprint. All the way home.

I didn’t say anything to my mum. I wanted to see Envy again and I was afraid she wouldn’t let me leave the house with them all against me. I just went straight to my room and hardly came out until this morning. I did a lot of thinking, and I have something to tell Envy. I’m at my locker now, before form assembly. Envy comes up behind me. “Hey.”

I turn to him and take a deep breath. “Envy, I’m confused.” I start. “About yesterday. I don’t really know you... and I think it’s best if we’re just friends until I understand this.”

Envy has a sad look in his eyes. “But, Rose...” He replies.

“I’m sorry, Envy. It just doesn’t make any sense. We really don’t know much about each other, so, just let me think.”

I walk away from him with tears in my eyes. It's not like I wanted to do that to him, it just felt like the right thing to do.

I kept silent during my classes, thinking. After school, Envy comes up to me. "Rose, I wanna talk to you." He says.

All the girls I am talking to giggle and blush at him even though he hasn't looked at them. According to just about all the girls in the school who are old enough to be interested in boys, Envy is the hottest boy in the world. They are all trying to get him. Of course, Envy already has someone he wants. Me. I feel like I should be the head cheerleader or something.

I walk away from my friends, pulling Envy behind me.

"What is it?"

He smiles at me. "Look, Rose, I really want to be with you. Why won't you let me? You're beautiful, the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, and I don't want to let you go."

"That's it, is it? That's all? Just because I'm pretty? Is that the only reason?" I sigh. "Think about what you say, you know, it doesn't always sound as good as you wanted it to."

"Rose, I said beautiful. It has a different meaning. Beautiful means you're gorgeous, exquisite and graceful inside and out."

My cheeks flush as they always do. "Oh, okay then."

I hear someone growl from a few metres away.

"B**ch, I told you to stay away from him, idiot harpy."

Ugh, it's Scarlett. "Are you talking to yourself or something, cause it seems like you're the idiot harpy b**ch here."

"I'm talking to you, vixen."

"You calling me a fox?"

"No, b**ch. I'm calling you a clingy sl*t who won't let my fiancee go."

"You just keep talking to yourself."

She is fuming. Well, it was fun while it lasted. Now she's going to start a cat fight.

Scarlett steps forward. She grabs my collar and pulls me down to her level. "What did you call me?"

"A clingy idiot harpy b**ch sl*t who talks to herself."

She smirks. "Ah, so you're talking to yourself now then?" Her smiles disappears when I shake my head. She pushes me backward and kicks me in the stomach pretty hard. I stumble backwards into Envy.

"Rose, get away." He warns me.

"No."

I run back at her and punch her in the face. She staggers backwards, before attempting to slap me in the face. I duck, and she completely misses. I knee her in the gut and she nearly falls, but reaches out and grabs me by the hair. She goes to slap me again, but I yank my hair out of her grip and duck again. I don't know how I'm doing this. It's all instincts.

I can feel this electricity in my hands. I don't have any idea what it is, but somehow I know what I'm doing.

Scarlett attempts to trip me over, but I spring into the air and kick her onto the ground. Within seconds I am standing over her with my foot on her guts holding her down. There is magic in me, and a fireball sprouts in my hand. "You," I announce, "Are not going to beat me. In anything."

I point the fireball at her.

Envy grabs me from behind and holds me back. "Rose, you don't need to kill her." He exhales. Envy directs his hand at Scarlett, and suddenly she's asleep. He takes my hand and drags me away for a few blocks. "What are you doing?" He whispers angrily.

"What? She could have killed me."

"Do you actually think I would stand there and let her?"

I shut up instantly.

"But how? You have a one in one hundred chance of inheriting magic from a direct blood relative."

I look at the ground for a while and think. “My dad.”

“What about him?”

“Well,” I start, “My mum told me he was like a vampire. Maybe she meant he looks like one? As in, well, you know, the pale skin, unusual coloured eyes and jet black hair?”

“That does make sense.”

“But my mum won’t tell me anything specific details about him. I don’t know his name nor have I ever seen a picture of him.”

Envy blinks. “Rose, why don’t you know anything about your father?”

“He left just days after I was born. My mum either has no idea where he went or she just won’t tell me. When I asked her what his name was she paused for a while and then stuttered, then when I asked her what he looked like she screamed at me and stormed off.”

“Well, that’s weird.”

I nod. “What about Scarlett?”

“She... well, she’s asleep.”

Envy looks at my hand. “You burned yourself.” He tells me bluntly.

I speak without moving my gaze from his face. “I know that. It hurts like hell.”

“And you didn’t tell me?”

I shake my head like a scared little girl.

He takes my hand and holds it up. Envy examines it for a while, then he lifts his hand over it slightly and mutters a few words.

The pain stops. “You can heal?” I ask him excitedly.

“Don’t be silly. I just numbed it. I don’t know how to heal yet, but I want to learn.”

I look at my hand closely. It’s still a little red, but it doesn’t look the same as before.

“Are you absolutely sure you didn’t heal it?”

He looks at it again. “I might have.” He looks up into my eyes. His face is only centimetres from mine. “You know, I could...” Envy trails off when he notices the look on my face.

I want to kiss him again. He’s just so cute. So I do.

His hand slips behind my head, but after a few seconds he pushes me away.

“What?” I ask him.

He just shakes his head and steps back. “You’re confusing me, Rose. I don’t get it. Yesterday you let me kiss you, then tell me you don’t want to be with me, then you yell at me, then get all flirty, then you kiss me. Do you want to be with me or not?”

GRR GR GR GR!! I am so jealous of your writing ability! Please please PLEASE keep writing because this is more interesting than other books I've read...or stories...your pick. :) I LOVE ENVY xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back