Cheyenne Autumn's Journal

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ripcurl

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]June 1[/SIZE]

A good friend once told me that writing in a journal relieves stress. Well, if there’s anything that I’ve got a lot of these days, its stress, no doubt about it! I guess they were right! I actually feel relaxed. (At least somewhat. It’ll take a lot more than four sentences to melt all of my stress away!) I’ve been so busy this summer with chores and cleaning and running errands for the parentles, well, it’s actually nice to stop and catch my breath for a while. It’s funny to think that I actually thought that I would get to take it easy this summer. All I can do now is laugh: ha ha! Nope. Ever since the day I got my license, Wal*Mart has become my new best friend! Did I mention I really HATE going grocery shopping? But, I can’t complain ‘cause I’m the one who agreed to do it if I got my license. (I didn’t actually think my parents would hold me to it, but boy was I wrong!) But I guess I’m lucky in a way. I mean, at least we don’t have to grow and pick our own food everyday out in the hot sun like the people did way back when. All we have to do now is get in the car and drive to Wal*Mart where everything is right there in a big air conditioned building. I’m sure people from the old days would give anything to have a Wal*Mart. So I guess it’s not so bad. Come to think of it, I even bought this journal there. I was browsing the office supplies (looking for some duct tape for dad) and I saw the journal. I thought, hey I’m seventeen! Aren’t I supposed to have one of these to write in about my life and secrets and stuff? So I tossed it in along with the duct tape, went home, and now here I sit writing. Now I know what I’ve been missing all these years. Why didn’t I have one of these sooner? Oh well. I’m starting it now, and that’s all that really matters I guess.

♥Cheyenne A.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]June 5 [/SIZE]

Wow! What a day! So many things to write about! But we’ll get to those later. I’m really excited about keeping this journal! I even considered finding a totally special, secret hiding place for it, but I changed my mind. I mean,

1) I don’t have any nosey siblings that would make it necessary to hide it in the first place, and

2) I don’t have anything to hide from my parents (at least not yet!),

and 3) I know they respect my privacy enough to not go snooping through my personal journal.

So there’s really no reason at all to hide it.

So I bet you’re probably wondering why I waited till the 5th to write another entry. Well, at first I considered writing everyday. But then I thought that if I wrote EVERYDAY then it’ll get old really fast, and it’ll become like an I’ve-already-started-so-might-as-well-finish-it kind of thing. (I’m weird like that. I have to finish something if I’ve already started it. If I don’t, it’ll drive me nuts! I think I might be OCD…) Well, I definitely don’t want this to get old. So I thought that if I leave a few days in between each entry I’ll have way more to write about, and I’ll look forward to it. After all, one of the reasons I’m doing this is to relax!

Well back to how exciting my day was today. For starters, Nicole, my best friend, called. I know, I know, big deal right? Wrong. Nicole and I have barely talked at all this summer, not to mention the last few weeks of school. We were so busy with homework and preparing for school to end (studying for finals, getting lockers emptied, turning books in, and things of that matter) that we didn’t have time for any quality best friend time together. (I know it sounds lame on paper, but it happens to be something that Nicole and I take seriously.) So summer finally got here and then BAM! A schedule almost as busy as being back in school for the both of us. Chores and errands for me, (as mentioned in the previous entry) and a demanding job at Old Navy for Nicole. Now when I say demanding, I mean DEMANDING. Her boss never gives her a break! (I’ve met him a couple of times, and he’s not nice at all.) The man has got poor Nicole working practically 24/7! The pay’s not even worth all that work she does. The last time we spoke, I tried to convince her to quit, but she refuses to quit because “no one’s hiring” or “it’ll be just the same somewhere else”. Well I know better not to argue with her, because it’s no use arguing with someone as stubborn as she is, so I just said fine, but I still think that she should quit.

Anyway, Nicole called and told me that her boss let her off for most of the day (a “rather long lunch break”, her boss called it) and invited me to the mall. So I jumped at the chance for it to be just the two of us, and quickly agreed. She said she’d be there in 45 to pick me up. So I jumped in the shower and got some fresh clothes on. Nicole arrived just as I was putting my shoes on. We rode to the mall talking and laughing the whole way. We both got Cokes at the food court and then walked around the whole mall together, well, except for Old Navy, of course! We were having a great time. But our fun ended when Nicole’s boss called and yelled at her to come back to work. So she quickly told him to give her a few minutes to drop me off and she’d be right there. So she took me home and told me she’d try to give me a call tomorrow. I could tell she was irritated that our fun had to end, and frankly, I was too! But I guess it had to end sometime. Poor Nicole! At least I know where to NOT work when I get a job, which, by the way, should hopefully be very soon!

♥Cheyenne A.

[SIZE=14pt]June 20[/SIZE]

Mom and I finally went job hunting today!! I’ve waited for this day for the longest time! It wasn’t as easy as it sounds though, believe it or not. I had to literally beg (more like grovel) for mom to take me. Which, to me anyway, was a little cruel on her part because after I had, no joke, got down on my knees and begged, a little too loud I might add, for her to take me, she just looks down at me and busts out laughing, as if I hadn’t felt like a total idiot already. Well I failed to find anything funny, and started to get really irritated. So after mom finishes busting a gut, she sympathetically looks at me (probably ‘cause I was just sort of sitting there pouting, like I usually do when I’m upset) and says

“Wow Chey, if I knew you were this desperate for a job, I would gladly let you do mine, and I could stay home for the next two months. How ‘bout it?” Ha, ha very funny mom I say as she goes to get her purse.

Well, naturally, dad heard everything and wanted in on the joke, so I told him what happened.

“A job? What do you want a job for?” Well, duh dad. What do you think?

“Money.” I say, trying to contain my frustration.

“Is that all? We’ve got money. If you need money, why don’t you just ask your mom and me?”

“So yeah, I want to buy that new MP3 player that holds like a million songs. Can I have 500 dollars?” I say sarcastically.

“On second thought, a job sounds great.” I smiled at my cleverness. Nice try dad, but no cigar this time! Well mom finally comes back with her purse and I grabbed the keys, happy to finally be going.” We went to all of my favorite places. (China town, American Eagle, Miracle Pets, and even Wal*Mart. Hey, it grows on you. Plus I could use the discounts, since I practically live there anyway.) I just got done filling out all the applications. Now all I’ve got to do is just look over everything and make sure all my t’s are crossed and i’s are dotted, and stuff like that. I don’t want to go in for an interview and have a bunch of mistakes on my application. First impressions mean a lot in the job world. (Or so I’m told.)

Wish me luck!

-Cheyenne A.

(Later that night)

I DID IT!! I turned in all of the applications! Now all I have to do is wait. This is awesome! I’m gonna be a workin’ woman! Wow. Kinda rolls off your tounge doesn’t it? Workin’ woman. Oooo, gives me the shivers! Okay Cheyenne. Calm down. Deep breaths. Okay. Hopefully I’ll be able to sleep tonight. I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve! Sweet dreams to me!

♥Cheyenne A.

Okay, three entries to start off with. Is anyone interested enough for me to post more? Please let me know! I want to know what the public thinks of my work. x3

Please don't put it in a fancy fancy font. It's really hard to read. Use Arial or Times New Roman if you must.

But, this really has potential. Diary stories are really fun to read, especially if they're comical. It makes it more fun, because you can just imagine how they must feel. And especially when they're sad. Good examples are "Diary Of Anne Frank" and "Zlata's Diary". You could really feel what those two girls went, especially because they were real and their hearts were poured out onto paper.

If you -- you being you, Ripcurl -- put yourself in Cheyenne's place, and make her act like a real human being, even if this is a light-hearted-sometimes-sad story, this can be really emotional and moving.

Thanks for your input! Oh, and I just thought that the font would sort of add to the diary thing, you know? Because it looks like real writing. But I agree with you, it is a little hard on the eyes. I changed it to a font that still looks like writing, but is a lot easier to read.

Are you saying that I am currently not putting myself into Cheyenne's place? (That would be kind of ironic, because that is how I have written this whole story.) Anyway, this is just the beginning. It will get much better, I assure you. I already have many more entries written.

I appreciate your comments! Thank you!

Respectfully,

Ripcurl

(P.S. I actually am seventeen, so I do know what I'm talking about. xD)

I think you should continue! I absolutely love it! And I agree with Goggle-Face; that font is a bit tough on the eyes.

btw... when we get together next, you should give me some tips.... is that ok??? luv ya! lol ^.^ -Shorty

(That wasn't the font that she was talking about. xD) But sure. I'll definitely help ya Shorty. :D

[SIZE=14pt]June 28[/SIZE]

Okay, I don’t mean to sound impatient, but WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG??? I can’t stand it!! I’ve been waiting for a call for days! I submitted my applications ages ago and nothing! No calls, no email, no contact of any kind what so ever. I don’t know what the problem is. I’ve actually even considered calling them and demand why they’ve been giving me the silent treatment, but then I realized that these are the people who’ll be handing me my paycheck. (Or not.) Who knows? Maybe this is their way of saying “Thanks, but no thanks”. But then again I seriously doubt that four totally different businesses have the same exact let down strategy. I am really freaking out right now. I’m starting to think that I went through all that trouble for nothing. Or what if I did something wrong? No. Stop thinking like this Chey. Okay. I’ll just have to keep my head up, hope for the best, and stay by the phone.

♥Cheyenne A.

thx my bestie!!!! ^.^ I'm super glad ur there to help me when I need it! <3 ya -Shorty

[SIZE=14pt]June 29 [/SIZE]

Guess who just called today?! The manager of MIRACLE PETS called just a little while ago, apologized for the delay, and scheduled an interview for tomorrow morning! Originally I was going to go for Wal*Mart, but hey, now I’d be happy with a job digging ditches if they offered. (Well, not really, but you get my point!) I’ve already got an outfit picked out to wear. Nothing too fancy, but not too casual either. Mom helped me pick it out. (She’s just as excited about this as I am, if not more.) After I told her about the interview tomorrow, she just gets this big smile on her face and I’m just waiting for the whole “my baby’s all grown up” thing she always does when something big happens in my life. (Not that this is anything big. I haven’t got the job yet!) But to my surprise, she just looks at me and asks what I’m going to wear. (Now, this kind of bothered me. I mean, I wouldn’t want her to jump up and pinch my cheeks or anything, but a congratulations, or a high five, or even a “ya did good kid” would have been better than “what are you going to wear”.) So I just shrugged and said I don’t know. Well that wasn’t the answer she was looking for, so she dragged me to my room and we spent the next hour or so trying on outfits. But don’t get me wrong, we had lots of fun, and I got lots of advice on both my wardrobe and the interview too. We ended up deciding on my light blue top that I got for my birthday, a black skirt and jacket Nana sent me, and my matching turquoise and sliver jewelry set I got for Christmas last year. I came strutting into my room like a supermodel on the runway, and struck a ridiculous pose in front of the mirror.

“Thank you!” I said. “No autographs, please.” Mom and I both laughed, and I had to admit, I looked pretty good! I’ve got to hand it to mom. If she hadn’t have given me all that advice, I would have probably walked in there wearing jeans and a t-shirt and wouldn’t have thought twice about it. (I mean, it’s a pet store for pete’s sake!) But mom said a job’s a job no matter what kind and I’ll need to have a look that says that I’m going to take it seriously. And I will. Let’s just hope the interviewer feels I will too.

♥Cheyenne A.

[SIZE=14pt]June 30[/SIZE]

I officially declare this the worst day of my entire teenage life. I’m so upset I can hardly hold my pen straight. It’ll feel good to vent.

This morning started out great. I awoke refreshed and even had my outfit sitting there waiting for me on top of my dresser all nice and neat. I got up, took a nice long shower, making sure I was squeaky clean. I slipped on my outfit and glided into the kitchen where a bagel with cream cheese and grape jelly was sitting on the table for me. (I asked mom for something fast. Maybe I should’ve told her cereal…) Anyway, when I went to take the first bite, a huge glob of grape jelly rolled out from the back of the bagel, and plopped onto my blouse, leaving a big purple stain in the middle of my clean, blue shirt. I panicked and screamed for mom to rescue me. She zoomed in there and dunked my shirt into hot water and scrubbed the ginormous purple splotch out. Then she threw my shirt into the drier, and it was done within minutes. I thanked mom like a thousand times for saving my life and I flew out the door and left. I laughed the whole jelly thing off, and assumed my troubles were over for the day. Not even close! There was an accident on the main road I usually take to the mall, and it was closed so I had to take the long way and I ended up waiting for 30 minutes in traffic, and then spent another 15 minutes trying to find a parking spot. (Now what does that many people need at the mall at 9 a.m. I ask you?)

I managed to find a spot at the far end of the lot, and decided not to risk not finding another one, so I pulled in. I was running really late, and hustled my way inside, and power walked through the ridiculously large crowd. I glanced into Old Navy and saw Nicole talking to a customer at the register with her boss practically right on top of her. She was obviously busy, so I didn’t bother trying to get her attention and went on my way to the pet store, bumping into many people as I walked. When I got there, the manager was waiting very patiently, and I apologized over and over for being late. We went straight into the interview, and even though he only asked questions, I was still really nervous. I was shaking uncontrollably the whole time, and I could feel the sweat running down my back. After I answered the final question, I reached over the desk to grab some tissue and I accidentally knocked the manager’s cup of hot coffee into his lap. He jumped up in pain, and quickly grabbed tissue to blot his pants. That did it. I had had enough. I didn’t say a word. Just got up and left the poor guy in there with a hugely embarrassing wet spot on the front of his pants. Just like that. As soon as I got to the car, I burst into tears, and just sat there in the parking lot sobbing until I couldn’t sob anymore. I pulled myself together for the drive back home, but just fell apart again when I got inside the house. I was glad mom had to work today. I would’ve hated for her to see me shut up here in my room the whole day just feeling sorry for myself. Hopefully I’ll pull myself together before they get home.

♥Cheyenne A.

I really, really like this ! =D

I'm a little late in replying, but the font's much better on the eyes now.

I can't offer more than what TK [Goggle] said, but its got the stuff to be really great. ;]

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. There will be many more entries coming. And I agree, that font was hard on the eyes. I didn't realize it was that bad until I saw it the next day. I like this one much better. x3

[SIZE=14pt](Later that same day)[/SIZE]

Mom still isn’t home yet, but Nicole sent me an email. Just thought I should put it in here.

[SIZE=8pt]Cheyenne,[/SIZE]

It’s Nicole. I tried calling earlier but no one answered, so I took it you weren’t home, and since my internet’s finally working, I decided to just email you a quick note. (Hopefully it won’t shut off on me before I send this.)

Anyway, I just got off from work. Mr. Johnson loves to keep me late everyday. He’s really been crackin’ the whip lately. Speaking of which, I saw you this morning at the mall. Mr. Johnson let me on my break, and I was going to get a pretzel when I saw you coming toward me. You were walking really fast, and looking down at your feet. I tried to say

hi, but you just walked right passed me. You looked really upset. I hope everything’s ok. W/B

Nicole

[SIZE=14pt]So that was Nicole? I thought she was one of those people who stop you in the middle of the floor and tell you how great their shampoo is. (I usually ignore those people.) I guess I should reply back. I don’t feel like calling anyone. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]Nicole,[/SIZE]

Thanks for the concern, and yes, I’m okay. Well, sort of anyway. I went in for a job interview this morning at the pet store. I was so excited about it ‘cause it’s my first job and all, ya know? It was even at one of my most favorite places. Well, as you can guess, everything went totally wrong. I ended up leaving after spilling the manager’s coffee all over him. There’s no way in a million years I’m getting that job. I need some consoling. You think maybe you could come over and give me some of your famous words of wisdom?

Deeply distressed,

Cheyenne

[SIZE=14pt]Well there you have it. I hope she comes soon. I need a shoulder to cry on, so to speak. In the mean time, I think I’ll just watch a movie or something to get my mind somewhere else. [/SIZE]

-Cheyenne A.

[SIZE=8pt]I'd consider spacing this out more and making it something interesting instead of a giant wall of text... being it's a giant wall of text, I have no interested in reading it. You're plot is progressing to quickly, the constant change of font is ridiculous, and I find this hard to stay interested in.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]I'd consider spacing this out more and making it something interesting instead of a giant wall of text... being it's a giant wall of text, I have no interested in reading it. You're plot is progressing to quickly, the constant change of font is ridiculous, and I find this hard to stay interested in.[/SIZE]
Could you elaborate more on the plot progressing too quickly? I personally don't think it is, but I'd like to hear your take on it. And how am I constantly changing font? I only changed it in the very last entry so everyone could see it as an email. It's supposed to be for effect. xD

Latest posts

Back