Photo
- - - - -

Tama-Go

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:49 AM ( #1 )

I am disclosing that I received TamaTown Product from Bandai America Incorporated to review.

When Bandai offered Admin of TamaTalk a Tama-Go to preview, he asked Bandai if they can send a Tama-Go to a few TamaTalk staff members - including me. Bandai agreed to do so. :( A package from Bandai arrived today. To my surprise, it included not only a Tama-Go, but also contained an expansion figurine. Thank you Bandai and thank you Admin.

Here are some photos of the Mametchi Tama-Go, and the expansion Ringotchi figurine, in their packages.

/>

/>

After opening the packages, I did a quick 360-degree tour of the Tama-Go. Here are some interesting points.

Entirely new to the Tama-Go, is the ability to change the patterned faceplate which surrounds the screen.
/>
There's a fingernail-size groove at the bottom of the lens.

/>
The lens pops off nicely. Not too hard; not to easy. Notice the little fingers near the top, that help keep it in place.

/>
Behind the clear plastic lens, rests the patterned paper faceplate.

/>
Here's a photo of the contacts that the expansion figurine slides onto, on the top of the Tama-Go.

/>
The contacts on the expansion figurines are heart-shaped.

/>
The battery hatch is held in place by a screw. This is common to other North-American models, but different when compared to recent Japanese models such as the Tamagotchi Plus Color and the Tamagotchi-iD.

The Tama-Go doesn't include batteries. It takes 2 AAA size batteries, which are easy enough to find. After removing the battery hatch, I found four more screws. Since I happened to have a screwdriver in my hand already...
/>
The circuit board remains attached to the back; it's the front that comes off when those four screws were removed.

/>
This is a side-view of the back cover with the circuit board still attached. Hmmm... there seems to be a lot of empty space in there.

/>
This is as far as I went. And, no, I didn't see any debug pads.

/>
After re-assembling it, I did a ROM Test to make sure everything was working properly. Here's the ROM version, as reported in the ROM Test. (Note: to do a ROM Test, press and hold all three buttons on the front then press the reset button. Warning: this will delete all your data, so don't do it, except on a fresh-out-of-the box / never-been-hatched Tamagotchi.)

*Note: Admin suggested that I move my Tama-Go First Look topic from Tamagotchi Logs to Tamagotchi News.*

Edited by binary, 08 July 2010 - 07:43 PM.

• TamagotchiGirl2009, Peanut05, Anishy and 2 others like this

Replies

Views

Started

01 Jul 2010

Last Post

11 Sep 2010

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:51 AM ( #2 )

After inserting the batteries, an egg appears, gently rocking back and forth.

It'll stay like that until you press a button, at which time the date, time, and birthday set screen appears.

This is followed by a screen prompting you to set the user name.

After that, it's back to the rocking egg for about a minute.

If you happen to check the clock, while you're waiting for the egg to hatch, this is what you'll see.
  • mozaique likes this

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:52 AM ( #3 )

At about 7:25 PM, June 30, 2010, my Tama-Go hatched into a Nokotchi.

The top left icon is for Stats Screens. Here are her stats screens.

(Note: Her Happy & Hungry hearts were all initially empty. I fed her a meal and a snack before I took those photos.)

Speaking of meals and snacks... The second icon, the Chef Hat, is for meals and snacks. I found only one meal and one snack available.

Here's Nokotchi eating a meal of Pork and Beans. (This meal fills one Hungry heart.)

And here she is, enjoying a snack of Milk. (This snack fills one Happy heart.)

The third icon, the Toilet, is the same as on other North American model Tamagotchis. Activating it after your character has poo'd, causes it to be wiped off the screen (horizontally, from right to left.) Activating it while your character is doing the pee-pee wiggle dance causes your character to sit on a potty to poo. (I imagine the potty will be replaced with a toilet, as my character grows up.)
  • Tama-Go123 and mozaique like this

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:53 AM ( #4 )

When the Door icon is activated, a two-page menu appears.
page 1: Game, Shop, Park
page 2: PC (this provides a login code for TamaTown)

Whenever I selected one of the destinations from page 1, a door would open and she would go out through it.

Once outside, I would see her walking through TamaTown until she reached her destination.

Here are the three local destinations she can visit.

Game Center. There are two games, Shoot The Bug and Long Jumper.

The ship your character rides in, moves up and down. So do the bugs. You have to fire at the exact center of a bug in order to kill it.

Long Jumper. A row of blocks with gaps between them moves across the bottom of the screen. You have to jump your character over the gaps. The number of blocks between the gaps, and the width of the gaps varies.

Shop. When you select shop, a menu appears where you can select Food or Remodel. There were four foods offered for sale when we visited the shop: Bread, Corn Dog, Pear, and Beef Bowl.

The names of the four Remodel room interiors weren't displayed, but here are there photos.

Each cost 5000p. I couldn't purchase any, since I don't have enough points yet.

Park. Sometimes, when your character visits the park, there's nobody else there to play with. But, sometimes they'll find a friend, and the two of them will play for a while before your character returns home.

Here's a friend we met at the park.

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:54 AM ( #5 )

The icon in the upper right corner can't be selected if an expansion figurine isn't attached.

When you attach an expansion figurine, you'll see a message like this.

Then, when you activate the icon, a menu will appear. What appears in the menu depends on what's on the expansion figurine chip.

My Mametchi figurine has one game on it, Cradle. When you select it, your character goes to the Game Center where she can play the new game. (Sorry, photos of this didn't turn out.)

My Ringotchi figurine has two menu options, Game and Shop.

When either is selected, your character goes outside, but instead of walking, they take a train.

Soon they arrive at Ringotchi's village. Where you can play the game: Monster Beater, or puchase items from the shop: Cherry Cake (1400p), Chocolate Mousse (900p), Strawberry Tart (1200p), Upside Down cake (800p). (Sorry, photos of these didn't turn out, either.)

When you're done, and detach the expansion figurine, another message appears.

Remember the fourth stats screen. Here it is again, in case you've forgotten what it looks like.

It seems to be a counter for how many different expansion figurines you've attached.

The above show the fourth stats screen after I had attached each of my two expansion figurines.

The Discipline icon, in the lower left corner is used to give your character a Time Out, or to Praise them.

The Medicine icon, next to it, is to be used when your character gets ill.

The Connect icon is in the middle of the bottom row. When you select it, you'll see two menu options: TAMA-GO, and OTHERS. (Sorry, I have only one Tama-Go, so I don't know what it looks like when two connect. I didn't have a chance to connect to any Ohers tonight. I'll be sure to try it in the morning when she wakes up.)

The Book icon contains a list of the Friends you've connected with (currently empty on my Tama-Go) and a Memory section, which I assume is for those characters that have died while in your care.

And of course, the icon in the bottom right corner is the Attention icon. It'll light up when your Tama-Go character needs you to do something for her.

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:56 AM ( #6 )

Hmm... this isn't so much of a log, as it is an instruction manual.

Ok... Back to my Nokotchi. She hatched at about 7:25 PM. At about 7:35 PM she poo'd. From this I calculated she had a 10 minute poo cycle. At 7:45 PM she beeped for attention. She was looking rather poorly. I found her happy hearts were empty, but she refused a snack. Was she being naughty? I attempted to activate the discipline icon but found I couldn't. Only one other thing it could be: she was sick. I gave her some medicine, and she cheered up. After that, she accepted a snack, and began doing the pee-pee wiggle dance. I got to the toilet icon in time. She sat down on her ducky potty. When she was done, I check her stats and found one friendship heart seemed to be lightly shaded in.

Close-up photo time.

Her C-button reaction is to come up close to the screen.

I spent the next few minutes playing the built-in games. After I was done, I checked her stats again. Now one friendshop heart is darkly shaded, and one is lightly shaded.

7:55 PM I spotted her doing the pee-pee wiggle dance again, and I managed to activate the toilet icon in time. Stats check now shows two friendship hearts darkly shaded.

After that, I attached the Mametchi expansion figurine and started playing the Cradles game. In the middle of the game, she beeped for attention, and the attention icon lit up. Rats. How to quit this game? When I finally managed to get out of the game, she returned home, and began her nap. The attention icon was still on. Now what? Lights! When I pressed the A (left) button, the lights went out, and so did the attention icon.

Five minutes later, she woke up, turning the lights on, automatically. Time check: about 8:08 PM. I figure there's less than 20 minutes before she grows up into a toddler, and it's now late enough that she'll be straight off to bed. So, I grab the Ringotchi expansion figurine and try explore it as quick as I can.

At about 8:20 PM she transformed into a toddler (Belltchi), and as I expected, she immediately went to bed.

Here are her new stats screens.

Here's something interesting I found, when I went to the clock screen while my Belltchi was asleep.

Tip: you can adjust the contrast by pressing B (middle) and C (right) buttons at the same time, while at the clock screen.

- - - - - - - - - -
My tasks for today:

* I'll try to scan the instruction sheets (I have two: one that came with the Tama-Go, and one that came with the Ringotchi expansion figurine.)

* I'll try to get to TamaTown.

* I'll try to connect some other Tamagotchis to my Tama-Go.

* I'll try to answer your questions. (If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in replies to this topic.)

Pink Memetchi

• pink-memetchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:53 AM ( #7 )

Hello ~ I have a few questions
1. What's your Gotchi ID on MC?
2. Is Tama-Go much heavier than normal Tamas?
3. How thick is it compared to Tamagotchi connexions?
4. How many pets can you own in Music City?

That's all the questions I have right now ~

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:47 AM ( #8 )

Hello ~ I have a few questions
1. What's your Gotchi ID on MC?
2. Is Tama-Go much heavier than normal Tamas?
3. How thick is it compared to Tamagotchi connexions?
4. How many pets can you own in Music City?

That's all the questions I have right now ~

1. My Gotchi ID is TZ2008
2. It's heavier than a MusicStar - it can't help but be heavier. It's much larger, and uses heavier batteries. I don't have an exact weight, but it's about as heavy as my mouse. (Computer mouse, that is :rolleyes: )
3. About 3 times as thick as a MusicStar.
4. I'm not sure. I guess as many as will fit in your room. I currently have a cat and a hamster.

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:47 AM ( #9 )

Belltchi woke up at 7:30 this morning (July 1)

Stats: 1 yr, 10 lbs, 1G, hungry 1, happy 0, train 0, friendship 2 1/2, character 2, 1600 p

Fed 4 meals (Pork and beans)
18 lbs, hungry 5, happy 0
So, it seems each Pork and Beans meal increases weight by 2 lbs.

Fed 2 snacks (Milk)
20 lbs, hungry 5, happy 2
Each Milk increases weight by 1 lb, and fills one happy heart.

At about 7:35 I saw her doing the pee-pee wiggle dance, and managed to activate the toilet in time. This didn't have any effect on her happy hearts, but now her train is at 3 and she has 3 friendship hearts filled in.

Because her weight was getting up there, I sent her to the Game Center for a while, to play Shoot the Bug and Long Jumper. We managed to reach 96 points in Shoot the Bug, which awarded her with 800 GP.

When she left the Game Center her stats were:
12 lbs, hungry 3, happy 5, train 3, friendship 4, 3500 p

I was curious to see if there was anything special going on in the park, early in the morning so I had Belltchi visit there. She found Memetchi there and the two of them played in the sandbox for a while.

At about 7:45 she visited the Shop. The four available food items were: Hotdog (150p), Sausage (120p), Noodles (750p), Cupcake (350p). We purchased all of them. As each was purchased, it's spot in the shop was replaced with a SOLD sign. Now there are three new items in the Meal menu: Hotdog, Sausage, Noodles. Each has a number 3 in the upper left corner, which I assume indicates how many times she can consume that item before it disappears off the menu. The Cupcake went into the Snack menu. It has the same "3" in the upper left corner.

I've confirmed that the number in the upper left corner is how many times she can consume that food. Feeding a purchased meal seems to increase weight by only 1 lb (vs. 2 lb for the Beans and Pork meal.)

At around 8:17, I noticed she seemed to be no longer inside. The background behind her was blank. When I pressed a button, the interior re-appeared.

Connection Experiments
V1 = fail

V4 = fail

V5 = pass (as Others on the Tama-Go.) Note: for V5-series Tamagotchis, when both are at the Stand-By screen, you have to press the B (middle) button on the V5. Pressing it on the Tama-Go will result in an error "Sorry!! Push key from Ver.5" Another Note: Since the family name on the V5 is limited to 5 letters, only the first 5 letters of your Tama-Go user name will appear in its listing in the V5 friends list.

MusicStar = pass (as Others on Tama-Go, and as Others on MusicStar.) At Stand-By, you can press B on either the Tama-Go or the MusicStar; both work.

The games played when connected to a V5 or a MusicStar are Piano and Bowling.

At 9:58 AM, I checked the shop, to see if it had been restocked yet. All food items still marked as SOLD.

One new feature for the Tama-Go is that you can transfer points (money) from the Tama-Go to TamaTown when you log in (and back again, when you log out.)

When I logged in to TamaTown this morning as the Tama-Go character Belltchi, I was awarded a special present - a Belltchi doll. Visting the pet shop, I purchased a cat and a hamster. When I placed them in my room, I found both are animated. The cat sleeps a lot, but when she's awake, her tail flicks slowly back and forth. The hamster cleans his whiskers, and walks around a bit - but not far from where you placed him.

Here's my TamaTown apartment.

About 10 or 15 minutes after returning from TamaTown, Belltchi beeped, lit the attention icon, and had an exclamation mark over her head. I checked her stats, but her hungry hearts were already full, and her happy hearts were also already full. After giving her a Time Out, everything went back to normal.
Stats: 10 lb, hungry 5, happy 5, train 4, friendship 6, 6770 p

At 10:51 AM, I checked the shop again. All food items still marked as SOLD.

At 11:06 AM, I checked the shop again. It's been restocked! Current items are Hamburger (240p), Fried Chicken (320p), Hot Dog (150p), and Ice Cream (200p.) The four available Remodel selections are the same as they were last night.

Update about Ringotchi Character Figure:
There are two games, not just one.

When the name "Monster Beater" appears, there's a small triangle to the right of it. Press the A button to cycle through to the next game selection. The second game on the Ringotchi Character Figure is Shape Shooter.

When either game is selected, you're requested to select who will play the game. Press A to change the selection, press B to accept that player.

Monster Beater. Press A and C to move the cross-hairs. Press B to blast the monster. But be quick, he's not going to stand there waiting for you forever.

Shape Shooter. Press B to change the shape shown at the bottom to match the shape of the falling object. Press A to launch it at the left or press C to launch it at the right. Throw the correct shape before the falling object reaches the bar.

Speaking of Character Figure games... I have an update on the Cradles game.

Here's a photo of the included Mametchi Character Figure's game Cradles. You control a set of claws at the top of the screen holding a baby. One or more cradles float back and forth, lower down the screen. Press A or C to move the claws. Press B to release the baby. I hope you didn't miss. Note: cradles that have caught a baby don't move any more.

That's it for now.

(If you have any questions, please feel free to post them as replies to this topic.)

Asiangotchi

• asiangotchi user photo

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:32 AM ( #10 )

How does the Tama-Go sound like?
When you unlock a new game on the Tama-Go, does it stay on there when you remove the figure?
Does the furniture, etc. have (Grammar error?) their own inventory?

Dangoobotchi-lover~

• dangoobotchi-lover user photo

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:59 AM ( #11 )

Hey Binary cool log! now too zee questions!
Do you know if the chart is out yet? character cart that is.
You log into music city with your tama-go?
Do you think that the tama-go is like the colors by any chance?
And last question! When will they be out in America?

musta lintu32

• musta-lintu32 user photo

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:20 PM ( #12 )

Can you share any of your Tama-go login codes?

Tama_dude2010

• tama-dude2010 user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:30 PM ( #13 )

What's the beep like? Is it like The music star and the V4.5 or like the V5 one?

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:32 PM ( #14 )

Pink Memetchi was asking about the Tama-Go's weight in comparison to the MusicStar's. So I decided to weigh them. My kitchen scales might not be very accurate, but here are the numbers.

Tama-Go (without an attached Character Figure): about 77 grams
Tamagotchi-iD (most recent Japanese model): about 68 grams
MusicStar: about 36 grams

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
One thing I noticed, but forgot to mention earlier, is that there isn't any cracked-egg design anywhere on the Tama-Go, that I can find. On previous North American models, it was around the edge of the screen. On recent Japanese models, it was around the BANDAI company logo on the battery hatch.

Nobody's asked about pause or turning the sound off, but I imagine these questions will eventually come up, so here are the answers.

Pause? Yes. Pressing the A and B buttons will turn Pause on / off.

Sound off? Yes. Pressing the A and C buttons will show a menu for Sound on / off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mini update:

Early this afternoon, while playing Shoot The Bug, I reached 100 points. I was awarded with a congratulations animation and 1000 GP

12:44 PM I saw her doing the pee-pee wiggle dance, and was able to activate the toilet in time. (p.s. it's still a ducky potty)
Stats are now: 10 lbs, hungry 5, happy 5, train 7, friendship 6

1:50 PM She required another Time Out. Train went from 7 to 8

2:35 PM I cleaned poo off the floor. Train went from 8 to 9 (huh?)

5:00 PM current stats are
23 lb, hungry 5, happy 3, train 9, friendship 5, 12270 p

Notice that friendship hearts can empty.

Edited by binary, 01 July 2010 - 04:05 PM.

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:07 PM ( #15 )

How does the Tama-Go sound like?
When you unlock a new game on the Tama-Go, does it stay on there when you remove the figure?
Does the furniture, etc. have (Grammar error?) their own inventory?

The sound doesn't seem to be any different than the V5 or MusicStar.
Games are available only while the Character Figure is attached.
As far as I can tell, there isn't any furniture available to decorate your character's room inside the Tama-Go. I haven't tried the Remodel (redecorate) function yet, because it's a bit expensive. I will try it soon though, and let you know how it works.

Hey Binary cool log! now too zee questions!
Do you know if the chart is out yet? character cart that is.
You log into music city with your tama-go?
Do you think that the tama-go is like the colors by any chance?
And last question! When will they be out in America?

For a character chart: log in to MusicCity / Tama-Go TamaTown ( http://new.tamatown.com ), go into your apartment. Click the thing that looks like a pink television hanging from the apartment ceiling near your right. Look at the "My Logged-in Characters List" for the Tama-Go. There, you can see the silhouettes of 18 male and 18 female characters. Most are easily identifiable.
Once your Tama-Go character is logged into TamaTown, she can visit areas in MusicCity (and get the monthly gift, for example), but I'm not sure if every function (such as band competitions) will be available to her.
So far, the Tama-Go seems to be less complicated than the MusicStar. The first color-screen model, the Tamagotchi Plus Color (TMGC+C) was also less complicated than it's immediate predecessor.
According to http://twitter.com/TheRealMametchi - "Tama-Gos will be available in July/August (depends on the store)"

Can you share any of your Tama-go login codes?

I think it would be unfair to Bandai if I did that.

What's the beep like? Is it like The music star and the V4.5 or like the V5 one?

It's been a while since I ran a V4.5 or V5. I don't recall if their sounds were that different from other models. To me, the Tama-Go has normal Tamagotchi sounds.

Edited by binary, 01 July 2010 - 04:11 PM.

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:08 PM ( #16 )

Does the figurine influence what character your Tama-Go becomes, or does it just give it features? If it does only give the Tama-Go special features, is the character on the figurine just for looks? I was just wondering, and thanks a bunch!

My Tama-Go character is still only a toddler (I hatched her less than 24 hours ago), so I'm not sure if a Character Figurine would have an eventual influence on her growth. From what I have seen so far, the a Character Figurine provides new games to play on the Tama-Go, and new foods to purchase on the Tama-Go. (Note: from what I've read in the Character Figurine and Tama-Go instruction sheets, the content of each type of Character Figurine varies. Some may have one game, others may have two. Some may have some food, others may not have any.) One feature I have yet to test is that apparently some content of the TamaTown web site is unlocked only if you use a login password provided by your Tama-Go while a Character Figurine is attached.

Dangoobotchi-lover~

• dangoobotchi-lover user photo

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:17 PM ( #17 )

My computer wont allow me on music city, can you take a pic or something to show the new character list, please and thank you!

Pink Memetchi

• pink-memetchi user photo

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:16 PM ( #18 )

Binary ~

1. What colours do Tama-Go have? Only White for Kuchipachi, Blue for Memetchi and Green for Mametchi?
2. For the figures, is it just a partner for your Tamagotchi Character to play with? Or will the Character stay? I still dont get it. Say your Tamagotchi is a toddler, but if you put in an adult ~ will your Tamagotchi play with that Adult or I don't know.

Tama-Star_Girl

• tama-star-girl user photo

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:32 PM ( #19 )

After reading the instruction. Does it really reset everytime you need to change the batteries? Because in the instruction, it says nothing about the download setting after changing the batteries.

One new feature for the Tama-Go is that you can transfer points (money) from the Tama-Go to TamaTown when you log in (and back again, when you log out.)

When I logged in to TamaTown this morning as the Tama-Go character Belltchi, I was awarded a special present - a Belltchi doll. Visting the pet shop, I purchased a cat and a hamster. When I placed them in my room, I found both are animated. The cat sleeps a lot, but when she's awake, her tail flicks slowly back and forth. The hamster cleans his whiskers, and walks around a bit - but not far from where you placed him.

About transfer points from the Tama-Go to Tamatown. Can you transfer points from your Tamatown account to your Tama-Go. By this I mean like if you wanted to send 30000p to your Tama-Go (If I had Tama-Go), from your Tamatown account. It would be possible, without playing so many games to get points while logged in, with your Tama-Go. :)

EDIT: Since the little picture things on the Tama-Go are removable. Are you able to scan one? I'm asking so I can make my own one when I get a Tama-Go. I just need a scan of one of your owns as a tranplate, and it needs to be the real size if you can. The one that came with Ringotchi would be PERFECT! Because its white. :D

My computer wont allow me on music city, can you take a pic or something to show the new character list, please and  thank you!

Same for me... I think its the internet speed. Is your internet fast or slow? Broadband or Dail up? :P

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:54 AM ( #20 )

My computer wont allow me on music city, can you take a pic or something to show the new character list, please and  thank you!

ShAwDy_1 has created a Tama-Go character chart from the TamaTown silhouettes, in this topic: http://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=168973

Binary ~

1. What colours do Tama-Go have? Only White for Kuchipachi, Blue for Memetchi and Green for Mametchi?
2. For the figures, is it just a partner for your Tamagotchi Character to play with? Or will the Character stay? I still dont get it. Say your Tamagotchi is a toddler, but if you put in an adult ~ will your Tamagotchi play with that Adult or I don't know.

Sorry, I don't know what shell patterns will be available. The only ones I've seen are mine, Admin's and the one on Tama-Palace.
The Character Figure does not transport a guest into your Tama-Go. It provides new games and new foods for the shop.

After reading the instruction. Does it really reset everytime you need to change the batteries? Because in the  instruction, it says nothing about the download setting after changing the batteries.

About transfer points from the Tama-Go to Tamatown. Can you transfer points from your Tamatown account to your Tama-Go. By this I mean like if you wanted to send 30000p to your Tama-Go (If I had Tama-Go), from your Tamatown account. It would be possible, without playing so many games to get points while logged in, with your Tama-Go. :unsure: 

EDIT: Since the little picture things on the Tama-Go are removable. Are you able to scan one? I'm asking so I can make my own one when I get a Tama-Go. I just need a scan of one of your owns as a tranplate, and it needs to be the real size if you can. The one that came with Ringotchi would be PERFECT! Because its white. :D

Same for me... I think its the internet speed. Is your internet fast or slow? Broadband or Dail up?  :P

I don't know whether it has a download function or not. The instruction sheet I got in the package is marked Quick Start Guide, and mentions that full instructions will be available online (but I haven't seen them yet.) Sorry, but I'm not going to intentionally remove and then re-insert the batteries to see if there is a download function.

Yes, you can transfer points from your TamaTown account to a Tama-Go.
On my Tama-Go I have 18520 GP
I logged into my TamaTown account. My account has 2200 GP
I logged Shelltchi into TamaTown carrying 0 GP.
I logged Shelltchi out of TamaTown carrying 1000 GP.
(Judging by the logout screen, you can carry from 0 to 999000 GP out of TamaTown, in multiples of 1000)
Now my TamaTown account has 1200 GP, and on my Tama-Go I have 19520 GP.

I logged Shelltchi into TamaTown carrying 10000 GP.
(Judging by the prompts on the Tama-Go, you can carry from 0 to 999000 GP into TamaTown, in multiples of 1000)
My TamaTown account balance went to 11200 GP.
I logged Shelltchi out of TamaTown carrying 0 GP.
Now on my Tama-Go I have 9520 GP.

I'll put "scanning the faceplate for Tama-Star_Girl" on my To Do list.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot has happened since last post.

/>
6:30 PM last night, she beeped for attention. As soon as I pressed a button I discovered it was bath time.

7:24 PM I saw her doing the pee-pee wiggle dance, and was able to activate the toilet in time.
Stats are now: 10 lbs, hungry 4, happy 5, train 13, friendship 6

Judging by when she refuses meals, there are two hidden Hungry hearts (making 7 in total.)

The Shop had Hot Dogs for sale again. I thought I still had one left, but purchased them regardless. However now, in the Meals menu there's only one entry for Hot Dog, and its qty is set to 3. I'll have to try this again, next time making sure of what's in the Meals menu beforehand.

Long Jumper game discovery! All this time I had been using only the B button to jump. Tonight I discovered the A & C buttons also work, and actually: A = short jump, B = medium jump, C = long jump. After discovering this, I was able to successfully finish the game. When you do so, you'll see a congratulations-type animation, and be rewarded with 1000 GP.

At 7:30 PM her attention icon lit while I was playing a game. I exited the game as quickly as possible, but the attention icon turned off before I could get her home. I couldn't find a reason why it lit up.

During a visit to the park tonight, we encountered Wooltchi again. The last time we met, Wooltchi and my Tama-Go character played on a swing. Tonight they played something else.

8:00 PM bed time.
1 yr, 10 lbs, hungry 5, happy 5, train 13, friendship 6, 18520 p

When Belltchi went to bed, I turned off the lights and put my Tama-Go away for the evening. Just before I went to bed, I checked it. The lights were on! Huh? Checking her stats I found out what had happened. She's now a Shelltchi. She must have woken up, changed into a teen then... did she go back to bed immediately, or did she stay awake for some time? I don't know.

/> />

Here's my To Do list for today.
Home remodelling - get pictures
Log into TamaTown with Character Figure attached - check for Character Figure-related content.
Scan the faceplate for Tama-Star_Girl

(If you have any questions, please feel free to post them as replies to this topic.)