Photo
- - - - -

Tama-Go

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

djor

• djor user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:21 PM ( #307 )

I honestly believe that the two cannot be compared. Everyone is going to, eventually, have their own opinions about which one is "superior" to the other. I've never played with the +C, but I love the features so much. I also have not played with the Tama-Go, and still love its features a great deal. The color part is great, but the black and white aspect gives it the classic feel, as well as a nostalgic feel to it. Not saying that the color part isn't fantastic but... You see what I'm saying? I just think they can't be compared.

And I apologize to Binary for going more off topic <_< .

maria1012157

• maria1012157 user photo

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:49 PM ( #308 )

Are there any other Tama-go logs that you recommend? I love reading them in my spare time!

samtchi

• samtchi user photo

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:35 PM ( #309 )

You might like to read -Ra- of Tama-Zone's log.

ShuaRzz

• shuarzz user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:43 AM ( #310 )

Thank you Binary for this excellent first look at the Tama-Go :blink:
This website brings back so much memories of the original Tamagotchi Connection and all previous before this expansive tamagotchi :(
I seriously remember going onto this website like 24 hrs everyday back in 2007-ish but have forgotten my username and password and made this new account instead :D The only thing I have noticed different is the Tama-Talk Tamagotchi on the top left; I remember the screen changing animations instead of this still image of Mimitchi (I've forgotten all their names :huh: )
But anyways, back to this topic :D I have A couple of questions and I hope you can answer them (:
1. Does the Tama-Go have any cheats like A "Love Potion" or something like that??
2. Would you recommend the Tama-Go or insist to wait for further models?
3. Do you know if the Tama-Go will be the last tamagotchi Bandai will make??
I hope not :( These digital beings help me remind myself of the times I use to be in Primary and how everyone had Tamagotchis and if A teacher saw one, she'd/he'd take it and keep it for the remainder of the day :D I guess in A way we thought we were cool bringing our Tama's to school and boasting if someone had success in growing a character the oldest it can be B) But yerr, that's basically it!! Please contiune the Tama Spirit!!! :D

:ph34r:

rrabbitgirl

• rrabbitgirl user photo

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:15 AM ( #311 )

Hi,

I would like to ask if the asian(made in China) version is different from the other Tama go which was made in other places.

Thanks. :ph34r:

ShuaRzz

• shuarzz user photo

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:19 AM ( #312 )

Hi,

I would like to ask if the asian(made in China) version is different from the other Tama go which was made in other places.

Thanks.  :)

^ Agreed, but instead of the China version, what about the Australian version =?

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:09 AM ( #313 )

Thank you Binary for this excellent first look at the Tama-Go :blink:
This website brings back so much memories of the original Tamagotchi Connection and all previous before this expansive tamagotchi
I seriously remember going onto this website like 24 hrs everyday back in 2007-ish but have forgotten my username and password and made this new account instead :D The only thing I have noticed different is the Tama-Talk Tamagotchi on the top left; I remember the screen changing animations instead of this still image of Mimitchi (I've forgotten all their names
But anyways, back to this topic :D I have A couple of questions and I hope you can answer them
1. Does the Tama-Go have any cheats like A "Love Potion" or something like that??
2. Would you recommend the Tama-Go or insist to wait for further models?
3. Do you know if the Tama-Go will be the last tamagotchi Bandai will make??
I hope not :( These digital beings help me remind myself of the times I use to be in Primary and how everyone had Tamagotchis and if A teacher saw one, she'd/he'd take it and keep it for the remainder of the day :D I guess in A way we thought we were cool bringing our Tama's to school and boasting if someone had success in growing a character the oldest it can be B) But yerr, that's basically it!! Please contiune the Tama Spirit!!!

The TamaTalk image in the upper left still does change - it depends on ? ... I'm not sure, but it does change.

In answer to your questions,

1. Not that we've found so far.

2. Drop whatever you're doing, run out to Toys-R-Us buy two of them (so can connect them) and one of each Character Figure.

3. I don't know, but I certainly hope not!

Hi,

Thanks.  :)

I thought all the Tama-Go were made by the same factory in China by/for Bandai.

rrabbitgirl

• rrabbitgirl user photo

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:30 AM ( #314 )

Thank you for answering, Binary!

Can I ask you one more thing? I tried going to new.tamatown.com but it could not load. Is there a reason? I tried many times but still got a 'cannot load' reply.

~rrabbitgirl :ph34r:

ShuaRzz

• shuarzz user photo

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:58 AM ( #315 )

The TamaTalk image in the upper left still does change - it depends on ? ... I'm not sure, but it does change.

In answer to your questions,

1. Not that we've found so far.

2. Drop whatever you're doing, run out to Toys-R-Us buy two of them (so can connect them) and one of each Character Figure.

3. I don't know, but I certainly hope not!

I thought all the Tama-Go were made by the same factory in China by/for Bandai.

Ok, thanks for answering :blink:
1. I have a bad feeling that there won't be any cheats :(
But back to the top left image, that's really weird that I don't see it moving :S Must be an iMac thing T.T
2. Ok lol :D but I'm pretty sure they're not out in Australia yet :'( I could alway order them from eBay or Amazon!!
3. Agreed!! They should end their tamagotchi with a SPECTACULAR SPECTACULAR one!! Lol :D

ShuaRzz

• shuarzz user photo

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:41 AM ( #316 )

Soz but I kinda have a few more questions for you :wacko:
^The following questions are opionative, so answer honestly :D
P.S You don't have to answer them all :blink:
1. Are you at all disappointed about the Tama-Go?? Like the lack of built in games or choice of characters??
2. If you had gone back in time before the Tama-Go was completed, what feature/s would you have asked for if any??
And here's one more question, but non-opinionative :D
1. If you don't allow your character to attend the Dating Show, will the matchmaker show up?? Does she even exist??
Thank you once again ;)

Tama_dude2010

• tama-dude2010 user photo

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:52 PM ( #317 )

Just a quick question: Can you buy the Mametchi faceplate?

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:29 PM ( #318 )

Just a quick question: Can you buy the Mametchi faceplate?

People have them online. When you search for Tamagotchi Faceplates, they will come up. They just need to be re-sized. Then printed to size.

I plan on re-sizing some of them and eventually they are going to be in my Tama-Log. (Link in my sig) But I don't plan on doing that until atleast Tomorrow since my laptop doesn't directly want to print this second. I need to transfer them to my computer.

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:44 PM ( #319 )

Thank you for answering, Binary!

Can I ask you one more thing? I tried going to new.tamatown.com but it could not load. Is there a reason? I tried many times but still got a 'cannot load' reply.

~rrabbitgirl  :furawatchi:

The same thing was happening to me all day yesterday. It's working properly this evening.

Soz but I kinda have a few more questions for you :wacko:
^The following questions are opionative, so answer honestly :D
P.S You don't have to answer them all :blink:
1. Are you at all disappointed about the Tama-Go?? Like the lack of built in games or choice of characters??
2. If you had gone back in time before the Tama-Go was completed, what feature/s would you have asked for if any??
And here's one more question, but non-opinionative :D
1. If you don't allow your character to attend the Dating Show, will the matchmaker show up?? Does she even exist??
Thank you once again ;)

~~ :ph34r:

1. While it's true there are fewer games that I had expected, additional games are available by attaching Character Figures. You can raise almost as many different characters on the Tama-Go as you can on the MusicStar.

2. Maybe make it a bit sleeker - not so thick front-to-back.

1. I've never seen the matchmaker show up on my Tama-Go. Generally, there's either a matchmaker that visits your Tamagotchi character, or a place you can send your character to find a mate. On the V1 through to V4.5 a matchmaker visited at certain times after your character reached a certain age. On the V5 & V5 Celebrity model, there was a Dating Channel you could have your character watch after a certain age. On the MusicStar, the band manager did double-duty as the matchmaker. On the Tama-Go there's the Dating Place.

---------------

Aug.9

Marotchi is now age 6, and the Date Place is available.

Wooltchi? Yes, I remember you. We met at the park just yesterday. I was hoping I'd run into you again. :love:

Marotchi & Wooltchi have moved into the Honeymoon Suite at the luxurious Hotel Tama-Go.

Huh? What's that?

Oh, it was just one of the staff letting us know our bath is ready. Hey... this is nice. (But I hope Wooltchi's coat doesn't shrink after being in this hot water.)

News Flash: Just a moment ago, for no apparent reason, my Tama-Go made a happy beep. I think this might mean that married couples are automatically toilet trained. (Even though Marotchi's Train level is still 4/15.)

KuroMametchi64

• kuromametchi64 user photo

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:09 PM ( #320 )

I have a question, if I never let my character get married, will it still turn into an oldie so two oldies can get married and I can get the special characters?

Edited by KuroMametchi64, 09 August 2010 - 07:10 PM.

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:22 PM ( #321 )

I have a question, if I never let my character get married, will it still turn into an oldie so two oldies can get married and I can get the special characters?

I haven't yet let any of my Tama-Go characters get old enough to become an oldie, but an online friend of mine has. So, yes, if you don't get your Tama-Go married, eventually s/he will become an oldie.

Now, about the second part of your question - the special characters... My friend mated his oldie to another oldie using the Date Place and got... a normal character. :furawatchi: So, we're guessing you get the special characters when you mate oldies by connection, but we're not 100% sure of this yet.

Bunbun-chan

• bunbun-chan user photo

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:57 PM ( #322 )

Heehee, glad Marochi found her first love at a park, and then saw him again. :3 We all knew he wanted her as his lovely wife.

KuroMametchi64

• kuromametchi64 user photo

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:20 PM ( #323 )

Binary, do you know what age your character has to be when it turns into and oldie (i.e. 6 yrs., 7, 8, etc.)