Photo
- - - - -

Tama-Go

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:24 PM ( #41 )

I was unable to tend to my Tama-Go from about 6:30 PM until after 9:00 PM tonight. When I checked, a few minutes after 9 o'clock, I found Violetchi was already asleep and the lights were already off. I suspect the auto-lights-off is a benefit of having a high training level. (Or maybe all adult characters do this?)

current stats: 3 yr, 25 lb, 1G, Hungry 4, Happy 4, Train 15 (full), Friendship 5 (or maybe 4 3/4?)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's really kind of strange how Bandai eventually makes products that fulfill the myths that circulated around earlier Tamagotchis. Maybe they feel some of those myths were popular because they represented features people really wanted. For example:

1. You can get twins / triplets. No you can't. But then they introduce the V5, which allows you to raise up to three characters at a time.

2. You can potty train them. No you can't. But then Bandai introduces the Tama-Go, which does allow you to potty train your character.

3. You can influence the gender of the baby. No you can't. But then they introduce ... next years model?

good point like you can keep your tamagotchis mate no you caint until they realesed music star coz you can lets say i had mametchi then the match maker found violotchi for him and they had a baby and i get to train all three of them now :lol: keep up the good work i think ill get the kuchipatchi starter hes my favourite tamagotchi ive emaild funtastic and asked them for some more info on the australian tamago so ill be getting the info soon! :P

tamagotchi :D

• tamagotchi-d user photo

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:10 PM ( #42 )

good point like you can keep your tamagotchis mate no you caint until they realesed music star coz you can lets say i had mametchi then the match maker found violotchi for him and they had a baby and i get to train all three of them now :lol: keep up the good work i think ill get the kuchipatchi starter hes my favourite tamagotchi ive emaild funtastic and asked them for some more info on the australian tamago so ill be getting the info soon! :P

I have my eyes on the Kuchipatchi one too! All the designs are SO cool :D

Tama_dude2010

• tama-dude2010 user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:32 AM ( #43 )

Binary, would it fit in a pocket? Im not sure I want to take that carrying case everywhere.

complete_tama_fanatic

• complete-tama-fanatic user photo

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:31 AM ( #44 )

would it fit in a pocket? Im not sure I want to take that carrying case everywhere.

Well, from my past experience... Seeing that the Tama-Go is made in the style of the Tamagotchi+Color, then yes, you can fit it in your pocket.

But remember, if you plan on keeping its screen scratch-free... Try sticking it in a plastic Zip-lock bag. Binary came up with the idea ages ago, and it works fine for me. ^_^

@CTF@

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:29 PM ( #45 )

Binary, would it fit in a pocket? Im not sure I want to take that carrying case everywhere.

Well... it depends on how big your pocket is. I wouldn't want to have to carry it around in my pants pocket, but it fits easily in my jacket pocket. A Tama-Go is a bit taller than, but not quite as big around as a tennis ball.

Asiangotchi

• asiangotchi user photo

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:34 PM ( #46 )

You read the entire quick guide? I just finally realized on the attention icon: Select this to communicate with your Tama Character.

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:29 PM ( #47 )

You read the entire quick guide? I just finally realized on the attention icon: Select this to communicate with your Tama Character.

Violetchi is asleep so I can't try it right now, but I don't recall having ever been able to select that icon. Next time it lights up, I'll try to select it.

- - - - - - - - - -

July 4
Violetchi woke at 7:30 AM this morning
She's now 4 "years" old.

4:30 PM beeped for attention. As soon as I pressed a button, the attention icon turned off. (She beeped like this earlier today, but I don't remember the exact time.)

5:07 PM saw her automatically going to the toilet again.

After feeding her 4 different meals to fill her Hungry hearts, I noticed that she had gained only 5 lbs. So, it seems some meals cause her to gain only 1 lb.

/>
Played the built-in games to bring her weight back down and fill her Happy and Friendship hearts. The above photo shows part of the Congratulations-You've-Won animation that plays when you ace a game.

/>
6:30 PM, in the bath

/>
7:45 PM, brushing her teeth

8:45 PM, bed time

Note: There was no sign of a matchmaker option yet. She must be still too young.

nokotchi

• nokotchi user photo

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:27 PM ( #48 )

Do you know the exact date it is coming out??? :pochitchi: :(

MissBerry<3

• missberry<3 user photo

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:46 PM ( #49 )

I don't think there HAS been a certain date yet. I think as far as people know is that they are coming out in July or August.
I can't wait to get one!!!

nicki9

• nicki9 user photo

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:10 PM ( #50 )

Question moi has.

Do you know how many pets there are on the Tama-Go?
What are the pets functions on the toy?
Do pets do anything on Tamatown?
Are there any secret characters like on the Music Star?
Is the thickness of the Tama-Go closer to a tennis ball or a chicken egg?

Thanks. :pochitchi:

~nicki9

Edited by nicki9, 05 July 2010 - 06:20 PM.

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:45 PM ( #51 )

Do you know the exact date it is coming out??? :pochitchi:  :(

Sorry, I don't know. Bandai hasn't said anything to me about it.

Question moi has.

Do you know how many pets there are on the Tama-Go?
What are the pets functions on the toy?
Do pets do anything on Tamatown?
Are there any secret characters like on the Music Star?
Is the thickness of the Tama-Go closer to a tennis ball or a chicken egg?

Thanks. ;)

~nicki9

As far as I know, there are no pets on the Tama-Go itself, they're available only on TamaTown.
On TamaTown, the pets (Hamster, Cat, Bird, Dog) stay close to where you put them in your apartment, and go through an animation cycle. Example: the hamster cleans his ears and whiskers, sits up for a while, takes a few steps to the side, sits up for a while, goes back to where he started.
I think the only secret characters are Oyajitch and Grippatchi - the male and female children of oldies (Ojitchi & Otokitchi.)
The Tama-Go is closer to a tennis ball than a chicken egg (unless they're larger in your part of the world than we get here.)

- - - - - - - - - -

July 5. Violetchi woke at 7:30 AM. She's now age 5.

/> />
While I was checking the shop, I noticed two new wallpapers. The one on the left was priced at 350000 GP, and the one on the right was 120000 GP.

/>
I upgraded Violetchi's wallpaper. (After transfering lots-o'-points from my TamaTown account.)

10:35 AM She made a happy beep. The attention icon turned off as soon as I pressed a button. I suspect this was an "I'm so happy that I've gone potty all by myself" beep.

1:30 PM She beeped for attention. I'm not sure why. Perhaps she was just checking that I was still around. The attention icon turned off as soon as I pressed a button.

1:55 PM Another happy beep. I checked her stats. She was down to 1 Hungry Heart.
Mega Pizza = +2 Hungry Hearts, +0 Happy Hearts, +3 lbs
Now Hungry hearts = 3, weight = 28 lbs
Mega Pizza = +2 Hungry Hearts, +0 Happy Hearts, +3 lbs
Now Hungry hearts = 5, weight = 31 lbs

At about 4:22 PM, I noticed she was down to only 1 Happy heart.
Hungry 4, Happy 1, 31 lbs
Deluxe Pudding = +0 Hungry Hearts, +1 Happy Hearts, +1 lbs
Hungry 4, Happy 2, 32 lbs
Yogurt = +0 Hungry Hearts, +3 (or more?) Happy Hearts, +2 lbs
Hungry 4, Happy 5, 34 lbs

4:30 PM Another beep for attention. Again, the attention icon turned off as soon as I pressed a button.

About 5 PM her stats were:
Hungry 4, Happy 5, 34 lbs

Played and won a game of Long Jumper. -4 lbs, +1000 GP
Hungry 4, Happy 5 (or more?), 30 lbs

Played and won a game of Long Jumper. -4 lbs, +1000 GP
Hungry 4, Happy 5 (or more?), 26 lbs

At 5:15 PM, she made a happy beep.

About 8 PM:
Hungry 2, Happy, 4, 25 lbs
Tempura = +1 Hungry Hearts, +0 Happy Hearts, +1 lbs
Hungry 3, Happy, 4, 26 lbs
Sushi = +1 Hungry Hearts, +0 Happy Hearts, +1 lbs
Hungry 4, Happy, 4, 27 lbs
Beef Bowl = +1 (or more) Hungry Hearts, +0 Happy Hearts, +2 lbs
Hungry 5 (or more), Happy, 4, 29 lbs

Played and won a game of Long Jumper. -4 lbs, +1000 GP, +1 (or more) Happy Hearts
Hungry 5 (or more), Happy 5 (or more?), 25 lbs, Friendship

8:15 PM bed time. Hmmm. Earlier than last night. I'm not sure why.

Oops. At about 8:20 I checked her stats. Somehow this woke her up. Maybe there's a bed-time time window. Something like: if you don't press a button for a few minutes during this period, she'll go to bed, but will wake up again if you disturb her.

8:45 PM bed time again

Note: There was no sign of a matchmaker option yet. She must be still too young.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 06 July 2010 - 12:46 PM ( #52 )

Is there a normal game that stays on your game like normal? They aren't all just on the figurines themselves?

BTW, Thank you for logging your tama. :)

'/={3

• 3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:12 PM ( #53 )

sweet looks amazingly awesome. I'm hoping to get one for my birthday, which is July 17 i hope its out by then. i really just want it for the pets on mc but then since what ive seen from binary ;) i really want it for EVERYTHING!!!!! :D :D :D my mc id is rt5945 PLEASE SEND ME ANY PET!!! ill send u something cool, like a hot spring Ive been trying to get rid of. :) :D :puroperatchi: :chohimetchi: :chohimetchi: :chohimetchi: bye!

i love cats and pie :chohimetchi: :nyatchi: :pochitchi:

Ginamatchi

• ginamatchi user photo

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:35 PM ( #54 )

Wow, thank you Binary for all your great posts! Well Done!! Looking forward to more!

Walmart is supposed to have Tama-Go's and Gotchi Figures on August 9th!

Toys R U will have Tama-Go's, Gotchi Figures and Tama Case end of July!

MissBerry<3

• missberry<3 user photo

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:44 PM ( #55 )

Ginamatchi, where do you live?? is that for everywhere or just your area?

memetchirocks2122321

• memetchirocks2122321 user photo

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:55 PM ( #56 )

I keep forgetting that you (binary) are a regular person! :ph34r: :ph34r: :) but yes the tama-go looks REALLY cool! :mellow: :( I kinda feel sad that it's tamatown not tamagotchi anymore. :wacko: how do you get pets on tamatown? :( (online) I just want you to know that I think you are so lucky to allready have the Tama-Go!! :) B) B) I want one the day it coes out! (whenever that is!)

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:16 PM ( #57 )

Is there a normal game that stays on your game like normal? They aren't all just on the figurines themselves?

BTW, Thank you for logging your tama.  :ph34r:

Yes, there are two built-in games: Shoot the Bug, and Long Jumper

I keep forgetting that you (binary) are a regular person! :ph34r:  :)  :)  but yes the tama-go looks REALLY cool! :mellow:  :(  I kinda feel sad that it's tamatown not tamagotchi anymore. :wacko:  how do you get pets on tamatown? :( (online) I just want you to know that I think you are so lucky to allready have the Tama-Go!! B)  B)  B)  I want one the day it coes out! (whenever that is!)

There's a Pet Adoption center in the Cafe in Swirly Sweet City on TamaTown. However, you must have a Tama-Go character logged in, to be allowed to adopt a pet.
It's also possible to receive one as a present from someone who has adopted it. (You don't have to be logged in as a Tama-Go character to receive a pet this way.)

- - - - - - - - -

July 5. Violetchi woke at 7:30 AM. She's now age 6

/>
A new location is available through the door icon, the Date Place.

/> />
Gee, I wonder what it could be. Let's go check it out.

/> />
Hey, not so fast. We've only just met.

/>
I'm not sure I want to share my place with anyone just yet.

Note: I didn't see a matchmaker character. The potential mate shows up by themself, just after Violetchi enters the Date Place.
Note: Only one potential mate appears, per visit.
Note: On the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th visits, the offered character was Oyajitchi. I stopped visiting after that.

10:30 AM Beeped for attention. The attention icon turned off as soon as I pressed a button. Neither Hungry nor Happy Hearts were empty.

10:46 AM Happy Beep

Around noon:
25 lbs, 1 Hungry, 3 Happy
Scone
26 lbs, 2 Hungry, 3 Happy
Lobster
27 lbs, 3 Hungry, 3 Happy
Noodles
28 lbs, 4 Hungry, 3 Happy
Fish
28 lbs, 5 Hungry, 3 Happy (gained 0 lbs when ate fish?)
Bananas
29 lbs, 5 Hungry, 4 Happy
Orange
30 lbs, 5 Hungry, 5 Happy

2:06 PM Happy Beep

Around 5:15 PM:
28 lbs, 3 Hungry, 3 Happy (weight goes down over time / when she poos?)
Fish
28 lbs, 4 Hungry, 3 Happy (yes, gained 0 lbs when ate fish!)
Beef Bowl
30 lbs, 5 Hungry, 3 Happy
Long Jumper win
26 lbs, 4 Hungry, 5 Happy
Lobster
27 lbs, 5 Hungry, 5 Happy

6:30 PM Beeped for attention. The attention icon turned off as soon as I pressed a button. Neither Hungry nor Happy Hearts were empty.

Around 6:37 PM:
25 lbs, 4 Hungry, 5 Happy (yes, it does seem that weight is going down by itself)

ipickee

• ipickee user photo

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:35 PM ( #58 )

Binary,
Thanks for sharing all of the information! At least the rest of us are getting a little 'fix' before the actual product comes out.
I just have one question; How does the care level compare to the TMGC+C? The Color is a pretty easy care tama (IMHO). Is this one pretty easy too? I'm asking because I'm wondering if you can take it and just check on it a few times throughout the day, like the color, or if it's a little higher maintenance.
Thanks again!

.:M@TT:.

• mtt user photo

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:01 PM ( #59 )

Outfits for Tamatown, it appears when you change the numbers at the end of the URL's it changes the characters outfits!

Gazarutchi

Violetchi

Memetchi

Makiko

Ringotchi

Mametchi

Kuromametchi

Kuchipatchi

Chamametchi

Nonopotchi (New?)

Kikitchi

That's all for now!

Edited by .:M@TT:., 06 July 2010 - 10:09 PM.

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:40 AM ( #60 )

Binary,
Thanks for sharing all of the information! At least the rest of us are getting a little 'fix' before the actual product comes out.
I just have one question; How does the care level compare to the TMGC+C? The Color is a pretty easy care tama (IMHO). Is this one pretty easy too? I'm asking because I'm wondering if you can take it and just check on it a few times throughout the day, like the color, or if it's a little higher maintenance.
Thanks again!

My Violetchi is very low maintenance. (I'm assuming this is because of the high level of care I gave her as a baby / toddler / teen.) She can go hours and hours without getting low on Hungry or Happy hearts. She hardly beeps at all. Every couple of hours I hear a happy beep as she's gone potty by herself. (She's toilet trained,) and every couple of hours she beeps for attention (because she's lonely?) Yes, I would say a Tama-Go can be as easy to take care of as a TMGC+C; certainly not high maintenance like a MusicStar is.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Last night, Violetchi beeped for attention at 7:30 PM. No reason. Just lonely?

8:25 PM bed time. The time seems almost random, but I'm guessing it has to do with how long ago you last pressed a button.