Photo

Tama-Go

• This topic is locked

memetchirocks2122321

• memetchirocks2122321 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:17 PM ( #61 )

Sorry to bother you again but I have another question! You may not bbe able to answer this but why do think the Tama-Go is so much bulkier than the v1-music star etc.? Because it looks like it could be smaller. :) :blink: :)

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:59 PM ( #62 )

Sorry to bother you again but I have another question! You may not bbe able to answer this but why do think the Tama-Go is so much bulkier than the v1-music star etc.? Because it looks like it could be smaller. :( ^_^  ^_^

I'm not sure why they made it this size. I guess they had a certain shape in mind, and scaled the shape to fit the Character Figure's connector. It probably would have been necessary to relocate the IR port to one of the sides, if they made the Tama-Go thinner (front-to-back).

- - - - - - - - -

July 7, age 7. Woke up at 7:30 AM

Happy beep at 7:50 AM

Stats at about 8:16 AM: 25 lbs, 2 Hungry, 4 Happy

Sent to the shop and purchased some food: Fish, 180p; Bananas, 180p; Ceral, 180p; Chicken Pie, 220p

Topped up her Hungry hearts:
ate Chicken Pie
26 lbs, 3 Hungry, 4 Happy
ate Fries
28 lbs, 4 Hungry, 4 Happy
ate Cereal
29 lbs, 5 Hungry, 4 Happy

Played Long Jumper. to bring her weight down a bit. Scored 98.
26 lbs, 5 Hungry, 5 Happy

10:30 AM she beeped for attention. Lonely?
Current stats: 26 lbs, 4 Hungry, 4 Happy

11:10 AM happy beep (3 hours 20 minutes since last happy beep)
Current stats: 25 lbs, 3 Hungry, 4 Happy (it seems weight drops 1 lb every time she poos)

1:30 PM beep for attention. lonely.
Current stats: 25 lbs, 2 Hungry, 3 Happy

2:30 PM happy beep (3 hrs 20 minutes since last happy beep)
Current stats: 25 lbs, 1 Hungry, 2 Happy

Her Hungry hearts drop at a rate of 1 heart every 1 hour 40 minutes.
At this rate, they should be totally empty at 4:10 PM

She didn't call for attention at 4:10 PM !?!?
Stats at 4:13 PM: 25 lbs, 0 Hungry, 1 Happy

So... number of filled Hungry hearts means amount of food "in reserve"? Does this mean she'll call for attention 1 hour 40 minutes after reaching 0? If so, then I calculate she'll call for attention at 5:50 PM.

Played Long Jumper to bring her Happy hearts level up. Won.
25 lbs, 0 Hungry, 5 Happy (Winning Long Jumper is worth at least 4 Happy hearts)

4:30 PM beep for attention. Attention icon turned off as soon as I pressed a button.

/>
5:50 PM called for attention. Seconds later, she went potty (on her own.) She then returned to the above screen, and beeped periodically (about every 30 seconds?) until I fed her. (I fed her at about 5:52 PM. This delay was because the batteries in my camera died and I had to find fresh ones.)

Current stats: 39 lbs, 5 Hungry

6:30 Bath time

After bath, we played Long Jumper until her weight went back down to 25 lbs.

7:30 PM While going out shopping, I noticed the attention icon came on. I sent her home immediately, where I found there was nothing that needed taking care of. The attention icon turned off as soon as I pressed a button after she arrived home.

Returned to the shop and purchased food items. Pasta, 650p; Beef Bowl, 450p, Crepe, 280p; Scone, 180p.

7:35 PM. I had Violetchi visit the Date Place several times, to see if last night's pattern would repeat. Here's who she found there.
1. Kuromametchi
2. Kuromametchi again
3. Kuchipatchi
4. Oyajitchi
5 & 6 & 7 = Oyajitchi again. Stopped visiting after that.

At about 7:47 PM I noticed Violetchi brushing her teeth.

8:25 PM bed time

jacqueheartstamas

• jacqueheartstamas user photo

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:32 PM ( #63 )

The tama go is seeming better and better every time I read another update! ^_^

Edited by jacqueheartstamas, 07 July 2010 - 09:31 PM.

jacqueheartstamas

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:25 PM ( #64 )

Hey there! I have a question, is the screen and buttons bigger then usual?
oh, and if its not any trouble can you maybe take a pic of the tama compared to something like a deck of cards or something so I can get an idea of the size?
Thank you so much!

nokotchi

• nokotchi user photo

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:43 PM ( #65 )

Thx binary and MissBerry<3 for the answers :wub: :D :D . Because that was one thing that really confused me.

nokotchi

• nokotchi user photo

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:50 PM ( #66 )

Oh, and I know this is probably a stupid question Binary, but, where did you get your Tama go?

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:09 AM ( #67 )

Hey there! I have a question, is the screen and buttons bigger then usual?
oh, and if its not any trouble can you maybe take a pic of the tama compared to something like a deck of cards or something so I can get an idea of the size?
Thank you so much!

The buttons are bit bigger than we had on the previous Connection-series models. And, instead of being soft rubber, they're hard plastic. The screen seems to be the same size as the MusicStar's, or maybe a tiny bit bigger. Sorry, I couldn't find a pack of cards, but here are a few photos that I hope help.
/>
Here's a photo of a MusicStar next to the Tama-Go.

/>
Here's a photo of a DS game cartridge next to the Tama-Go.

Oh, and I know this is probably a stupid question Binary, but, where did you get your Tama go?

My Tama-Go came in a package directly from Bandai. When Bandai offered Admin of TamaTalk a Tama-Go to preview, he asked Bandai if they can send a Tama-Go to a few TamaTalk staff members - including me. Bandai agreed to do so.

- - - - - - - - - -

"How long does a Tama-Go parent stay with the baby?" is the main question on my mind right now. I need to schedule the mating so that when the parent leaves I'm free to focus on taking care of the newborn. Thursday night (tonight) seems best. If the parent leaves immediately, I'm available. If the parent leaves on the second midnight (which would be as Friday turns into Saturday), then I'm available. Hopefully the Tama-Go parent will leave at one of those two times.

Pink Memetchi

• pink-memetchi user photo

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:27 AM ( #68 )

Sorry Binary if this had already been asked. Does Tama-Go have a download button when you put the batteries in again? OR do you have to start all over?

jacqueheartstamas

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:53 PM ( #69 )

Thank you so much! And man that thing is huge, I like it likethat easier to find :D

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:59 PM ( #70 )

Sorry Binary if this had already been asked. Does Tama-Go have a download button when you put the batteries in again? OR do you have to start all over?

Sorry, I don't know. The Quick Start Guide doesn't mention it, and I'm not enthusiastic about the idea of trying it - just in case there is no Download feature.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

July 8. Age 8, Violetchi woke up at 7:30 AM

10:30 AM beeped for attention. No reason. Just lonely?
purchased foods from the shop: Beef Bowl, 450p; Lobster, 1000p; Steak, 2500p; Donut, 180p

11:45 AM happy beep
current stats:
25 lbs, 2 hungry, 4 happy
purchased foods from the shop: Muffin, 320p; Donut, 180p; Popcorn, 180p; Beef Bowl, 450p

3:36 PM
current stats:
25 lbs, 0 Hungry, 2 Happy
fed Hot Dog
26 lbs, 1 Hungry, 2 Happy
Scone
27 lbs, 2 Hungry, 2 Happy
Sushi Roll
28 lbs, 3 Hungry, 2 Happy
Steak
30 lbs, 5 Hungry, 2 Happy

purchased foods from the shop: Sushi, 2000p; Donut, 180p; Popcorn, 180p; Noodles, 750p

played Long Jumper, reached 10 points, won 200 GP
29 lbs, 5 Hungry, 3 Happy

played Long Jumper, reached 63 points, won 600 GP
27 lbs, 4 Hungry, 5 Happy

6:27 PM, stats check:
25 lbs, 2 Hungry hearts, 3 Happy hearts

purchased foods from the shop: Sausage, 120p; Pudding, 200p; Pasta, 650p; Muffin, 320p

6:30 Bath time

At about 7:06 I sent Violetchi to the Date Place, where she met Kuromametchi.

/>
She accepted his proposal.

/> /> />
After their first kiss, Kuromametchi moved into Violetchi's house.

/>
Feeding a meal or snack gives it to both. (Note: it still counts against your food inventory as only one serving.)

When you activate the Door icon, the Date Place is no longer listed as a selection. When you select one of the locations, only Violetchi goes out; Kuromametchi stays home.

/>
Here's the new C-button reaction.

As you can see, there's no baby yet. I'm guessing the baby will appear at daybreak. Now the question is, if it does, will the parents stick around to take care of it for a while?

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:29 PM ( #71 )

At about 7:45 PM I noticed they were both brushing their teeth.

8:15 PM Bed time

nokotchi

• nokotchi user photo

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:00 PM ( #72 )

Yeah, I didn't read the first page. :)

cutiepie1025836

• cutiepie1025836 user photo

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:02 PM ( #73 )

:) :) id really love it if anyone could share their tama-go login code because it will not come to some countries 4 at least 5 months and some people would really like 2 loginn as a tama-go character

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:29 AM ( #74 )

Mini update.

July 9. They woke up at 7:30 AM. Violetchi is age 9. Still no baby.

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:49 PM ( #75 )

9:00 AM I noticed Violetchi had a strained look on her face. I activated the toilet icon and discovery that yes, that's what it was. So, I guess when there're two characters on screen there isn't room to show the pee-pee dance wiggle lines. (Note: only Violetchi sat on the toilet.)

10:30 AM beeped for attention. Icon turned off when I pressed a button.
Current stats: 25 lbs, 5 Hungry, 4 Happy

12:20 PM happy beep.
Current stats: 25 lbs, 3 Hungry, 3 Happy

1:30 PM beeped for attention. Icon turned off when I pressed a button.
Current stats: 25 lbs, 3 Hungry, 3 Happy

3:40 PM happy beep.
Current stats: 25 lbs, 1 Hungry, 2 Happy
Visited the shop and purchased foods: Donut, 180p; Ice Cream, 200p; Pineapple, 500p; Teriyaki Chicken, 780p

After purchasing foods, Violetchi re-visited the shop to check for new remodeling styles. We were in luck - there a new one. It seems to be a traditional Japanese style. The price was 50000p. I like this style, so I asked Violetchi to purchase it.

5:02 PM
current stats: 25 lbs, 1 Hungry, 1 Happy

5:28 PM
current stats: 25 lbs, 0 Hungry, 1 Happy (once again, didn't beep when hit 0)
fed Sausage
26 lbs, 1 Hungry, 1 Happy
Teriyaki Chicken
27 lbs, 2 Hungry, 1 Happy
Beef Bowl
29 lbs, 3 Hungry, 1 Happy
Pasta
30 lbs, 4 Hungry, 1 Happy
Noodles
31 lbs, 5 Hungry, 1 Happy

played Long Jumper, reached 46 points
29 lbs, 5 Hungry, 2 Happy
Long Jumper, won
25 lbs, 5 Hungry, 5 Happy

6:30 PM bath time. Notice the bathtub room has also been remodeled.

7:00 PM Violetchi used the toilet by herself.

7:30 PM Beeped for attention for no reason. Icon turned off as soon as I pressed a button.

About 7:45 PM I saw they were brushing their teeth together. Sorry, no photo. From the background, it appeared they were in the bathtub room.

8:15 PM Bed time.

So, now I'm back to where I was at this time last night -- wondering when they'll have a baby, and how long they'll stick around afterwards.

luix100

• luix100 user photo

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:32 PM ( #76 )

awsome this is like the color tamagotchi is only that is not in color

misgav

• misgav user photo

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:24 PM ( #77 )

im so not going to buy tama go! they chang it to much! and its to big too! i love my new and first tama that i got today! its small and not fut like tama go >_<

ipickee

• ipickee user photo

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:26 PM ( #78 )

im so not going to buy tama go! they chang it to much! and its to big too! i love my new and first tama that i got today! its small and not fut like tama go >_<

This is the first major adjustment they've made to the standard tamagotchi in years. I suggest you reserve judgment until you've actually seen one in action. It does look big and bulky, but it also has some fantastic upgrades. You enjoy whatever little one you've purchased, many of the rest of us will be more than happy to experience the upgrade.

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:40 PM ( #79 )

This is the first major adjustment they've made to the standard tamagotchi in years. I suggest you reserve judgment until you've actually seen one in action. It does look big and bulky, but it also has some fantastic upgrades. You enjoy whatever little one you've purchased, many of the rest of us will be more than happy to experience the upgrade.

Mmm, FIRST major adjustment? I wouldn't go that far. :ph34r: If anything, I think it's kind of like a step back, since it's not in color. I mean, what's up with that? Plus, no need to be like that, people have the right to have their own opinion. Wouldn't want people to be afraid of expressing their own ideas. I'm open, for sure, but I'm not warming up to the new one quite yet either. Yes, many people will enjoy the new Tamagotchi but many others out there who have grown up with Tamagotchi since the late '90s also enjoy what the vintage, "little ones" have to offer. :D

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:33 AM ( #80 )

binary i have a question did you choose this tamago type or did they just send you a random one and do you know anyone who got senta kuchipatchi one coz i wanna see it in its box and stuff :) thx