Photo
- - - - -

Tama-Go

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:44 PM ( #121 )

Hey binary, I have a question. How long can your user name be?

I think it can be 8 characters long.

Oh, and is it true the Tama-go has come out?

I've seen several reports of people finding them available on www.amazon.com and on www.toysrus.com (but now they're sold out on both sites.) I've not yet seen anyone report finding them in a toy shop (or Wal-Mart or Target or ...)

Hey, binary, do you know what games the Tama-go's play when they connect? :lol:

When a Tama-Go to V5 or MusicStar (V6) connection games are piano & bowling.

I have only one Tama-Go, so I don't know what the Tama-Go to Tama-Go connection game(s) is/are.

Hey, I have a minor request if you could.

Can you take a picture of your Tama-Go and your music star, side by side... But of their sides? I'm in process of trying to make a pouch without one right now. (So I can see how thick it is?)

I'll post a photo as soon as I get a chance.
/>

Oh, I don't think this question has been asked.
Compared to the Music Star, how responsive are the buttons?

I've not had any problems with the Tama-Go's buttons. They're properly responsive.

- - - - - - - - - -

July 14, Age 2

7:30 AM Kilalatchi woke up

8:43 AM I happened to notice him doing the pee-pee wiggle dance and managed to activate the toilet icon in time

/>

/> />
9:14 AM Became Kuromametchi (and looks just like his dad.)
current stats: 2 yr, 30 lbs, 2G, 5 Hungry, 5 Happy, 15 Train (full), 5 2/3 Friendship

/>

/> />

/> />

/>
Went to the park, and met up with Simasimatchi.

11:34 AM Happy Beep. (Went to the toilet on his own.)

2:54 PM Happy Beep. (Poo cycle is 3 hrs 20 min.)

6:14 PM Happy Beep again.

6:30 PM Bath time

7:45 PM Brushed his teeth

8:15 PM Bed time

Edited by binary, 14 July 2010 - 06:35 PM.

ehsu820

• ehsu820 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:46 PM ( #122 )

I had a question, when you take you're tama-go online to the cafe in the new town. Can you use the figure that came with the tama-go to buy new things? I can't seem to get this feature to work :D

musta lintu32

• musta-lintu32 user photo

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:02 AM ( #123 )

Did you gave your Tama-go login codes to anyone?

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:07 AM ( #124 )

I had a question, when you take you're tama-go online to the cafe in the new town.  Can you use the figure that came with the tama-go to buy new things?  I can't seem to get this feature to work  :lol:

It doesn't work for me either. I'm allowed to purchase a special item from the Cafe only when using the Character Figure that's sold separately.

Did you gave your Tama-go login codes to anyone?

No. I haven't shared any Tama-Go login passwords. If you're seeing more and more Tama-Go characters in TamaTown, it's probably people who purchased a Tama-Go from www.amazon.com or www.toysrus.com

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:46 AM ( #125 )

Thank you! That will help me tons!

sienna/cowgirl

• siennacowgirl user photo

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:57 PM ( #126 )

You are soooooooo lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be soo excited and happy and everything just to have one b4 they came out! :)

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:08 PM ( #127 )

July 15, Age 3

Nothing new happened today.

Kuromametchi woke up at 7:30 AM, and went to bed at 8:00 PM.

(Not much of a log entry for today, is it? Sorry.)

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:29 AM ( #128 )

I have some questions.

Can all foods be eaten 3 times, or does it vary?
Can you take some pictures of the foods you can get on the ringotchi figure?
Have you scanned the Ringotchi instruction manual?

ShAwDy_1

• shawdy-1 user photo
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:28 PM ( #129 )

Sorry Binary if this had already been asked. Does Tama-Go have a download button when you put the batteries in again? OR do you have to start all over?

Sorry, I don't know. The Quick Start Guide doesn't mention it, and I'm not enthusiastic about the idea of trying it - just in case there is no Download feature.

I finally got my Tama-Go (for review as well) today, and remembering this question being asked, right after it hatched I tested it out. The answer is yes, there is a download feature!

~shawdy~ :)
  • anjachi0997 likes this

Zzgs

• zzgs user photo

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:50 PM ( #130 )

i have a quick question, when you remodel, is that just for one room (like on the color, id, ect) or does it do every room in the same design??? :)

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:14 PM ( #131 )

I have some questions.

Can all foods be eaten 3 times, or does it vary?
Can you take some pictures of the foods you can get on the ringotchi figure?
Have you scanned the Ringotchi instruction manual?

So far, all foods I've purchased in the built-in shop can be consumed three times before they disappear off the menu.

Foods purchased through the Character Figure are single-serving portions, and are consumed immediately. (I'll try to remember to take some photos tomorrow; he's already gone to bed for the night.)

The Ringotchi Character Figure Quick Start Guide are here: Part 1 & Part 2

I finally got my Tama-Go today, and remembering this  question being asked, right after it hatched I tested it out. The answer is yes, there is a download feature!

~shawdy~ :(

Congratulations! and thanks for checking that out for us.

some people said that it's only a cheep copy of tamagotchi color, what would you guys say about that?

It's not a grey-scale copy of the TMGC+C. It's a bit closer to the Tamagotchi-iD, but even then it's quite different. On the Tamagotchi-iD you can download new content (minigames, foods, wallpapers, accessories, etc.) from tama-id.com via a cellphone's IR port. On the Tama-Go, you can (temporarily) add new content by connecting a Character Figurine. Also, there isn't a TamaTown web site for the Tamagotchi-iD.

i have a quick question, when you remodel, is that just for one room (like on the color, id, ect) or does it do every room in the same design??? :D

Every room gets remodeled at once.

----------------------------------

July 16, Age 4

/>
7:30 AM Kuromametchi woke up

/>
About 8:10 AM Went to the shop, and remodeled. New style has columns, and cost 120000 GP.

/>

/> />

/>
Went to the park and met up with Gorippatchi.

/> />
Now that I'm on Gen 2, my Gen 1 character can be found in the Memory selection of the Book icon.

/>
6:30 PM Bath time.

About 7:45 PM Brushed teeth.

8:00 PM Bed time.

Cookiefairy

• cookiefairy user photo

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:17 PM ( #132 )

Binary, do they get the free food like normal when they're teenagers? Or do you have to buy your own?

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:28 PM ( #133 )

Binary, do they get the free food like normal when they're teenagers? Or do you have to buy your own?

The Tama-Go has one built-in meal: "pork and beans", and one built-in snack "milk." Babies, toddlers, teens, and adults can eat these foods, and can get full from these foods.

A meal of Pork-and-beans will fill one hungry heart and cause your Tama-Go character to gain 2 lbs. Some purchased meals fill more than one hungry heart and/or cause your Tama-Go character to gain less weight per serving.

Each serving of milk will fill one happy heart, and cause your Tama-Go character to gain 1 lb. Some purchased snacks fill more than one happy heart per serving.

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:57 PM ( #134 )

July 17, Saturday

7:30 AM Kuromametchi woke up. He's now age 5. The Date Place should become available tomorrow (age 6.) The parents leave the baby in your care on the fourth morning after they get married. Saturday is the best day for me to take care of a baby, so the best day for Kuromametchi to get married is Tuesday.

Today Kuromametchi went to the cafe on the Ringotchi Character Figure.

There are nine different foods, but only four are available each visit. Today's selection included Strawberry Tart and Cherry Cake.

Here are the foods I've seen on the menu, at various times: Flan, 600p; Jelly Roll, 700p; Upside Down Cake, 800p; Chocolate Mousse, 900p; Coffee Cake, 1000p; Strawberry Tart, 1200p; Cherry Cake, 1400p; Chocolate House, 1500p; and Yule Log, 1800p.

The Upside Down Cake looked good, so we ordered it. Foods purchased from a Character Figure are consumed immediately.

The Upside Down Cake filled multiple Hungry Hearts and multiple Happy Hearts.

Thanks for visting. See you next time.

musta lintu32

• musta-lintu32 user photo

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:06 AM ( #135 )

What items you can buy in the tama-go shops in Music City with your Ringotchi figurine?

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:41 AM ( #136 )

What items you can buy in the tama-go shops in Music City with your Ringotchi figurine?

So far I can find only one item unlocked by the Ringotchi Character Figure. It's the Straberry Cheesecake available from the Cafe in Swirly Sweet City. I posted about it here: http://www.tamatalk....dpost&p=2974802

xGalaxyCandyx

• xgalaxycandyx user photo

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:54 PM ( #137 )

Wow! Thank you for this detailed overview :) I was thinking I wouldn't really like this in comparison to the Color Tamagotchi, but the pictures you posted really helped me to decide that I do like it after all and it is worth getting :D

I'm really looking forward to the release date!

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:22 PM ( #138 )

July 18, Sunday, age 6

The Date Place is now available. Although I don't want Kuromametchi to marry just yet, I had him visit to see who would show up. On the first visit, he was offered Violetchi. Dating someone who looks exactly like your mom would be just wrong. On the second and third visits, he was offered Ringotchi and Memetchi. On the fourth visit, Otokotchi showed up. Ummm... no thanks.

After a hasty retreat from the Date Place, Kuromametchi went to the park. Unfortunately, there wasn't anybody there to play with.

Later on, Kuromametchi went to the park again. Memetchi was there. Together they built a sandcastle.

On a third visit to the park, we found Makiko. She and Kuromametchi played on the swing for a while.

Tamagotchi-Ashu

• tamagotchi-ashu user photo

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:33 PM ( #139 )

Binary, I have a question about one of the games on the Tama-Go. In Shoot the Bug, there is a certain time limit, and do you know how long that time is? Sorry to bother you.

binary

• binary user photo

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:53 PM ( #140 )

Binary, I have a question about one of the games on the Tama-Go. In Shoot the Bug, there is a certain time limit, and do you know how long that time is? Sorry to bother you.

There does seem to be a time limit, but I've never measured it to find out exactly. Mostly I play the Long Jumper game (because it's easy, and I've gotten fairly good at it so most times win.)

- - - - - - - - - -

July 19, Monday, age 7

Kuromametchi stopped by the Date Place to see who was available. First he saw Memetchi, then Marotchi, then Violetchi. Tomorrow is the big day. No more just looking. Tomorrow he has to pick one.

/>
/> />
/>
During a visit to the park this afternoon, Kuromametchi met Necktie-tchi.