New Beginnings

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lainabug01

Reaction score
I've been wanting to publish my own book for a long time now. I've practiced writing, and I've improved greatly. So, here is the start to one I'm currently writing, titled New Beginnings. Some critisism would be nice, because I need to know what to improve on :p

--

My heart hammered. I opened my eyes to see a single lightbulb dangling above my head. I closed my eyes and sighed in relief.

Just another dream... I thought to myself. This is still my room...

I've had nightmares for as long as I could remember. That is, ever since I was locked in this concrete prison my mother called a "room". This dark, damp basement had become the place I would stay, for what seemed like the forseeable future. I had always been neglected to the point of near starvation, to "protect" my neighborhood. My mother didn't like my abilities, and she locked me away. As I thought of this, my thoughts drifted to a distant memory.

My eighth birthday. It seemed like a normal child's party; There were games, presents, decorations, and cake. But what stood out was myself. I stayed away from the others, hidden in a corner, afraid to go near them. I had always had a phobia of my peers, and I wanted nothing to do with them. To be honest, I hadn't even wanted a party.

"Mom, I don't want a party!" I yelled at her.

"Come on, Alica, It'l be fun! You can finally make some new friends!" she had said.

I remembered crossing my arms in frustration and stomping off to my room.

At the party, I wanted to just disappear. Every time someone tried to talk to me, I would just turn away rudely. Finally, one of the boys, named Connor, had started to poke me.

"Alica, come and play!" He had said. "We're about to play hide and seek."

"No." I said quietly.

"It'l be fun!" he said enthusiastically, obviously ignoring my foul mood.

"No." I said, this time a little louder.

"Please?"

"NO." I said loudly now, starting to get angry.

He crossed his arms and pouted. "Fine then. Why do you always have to be such a freak?"

I flinched at that. "What?" I said quietly.

"You heard me! Why are you always such a freak? You don't like anyone!" He said, starting to draw attention now.

I turned to him with blind rage. I hated to be called names. "Don't. Call. Me. A. FREAK!" I screamed at him. Suddenly, the strangest thing happened. A cyclone appeared in the middle of the room, and he looked at me in wide-eyed fear. "WHAT DID YOU DO!?" He screamed.

"I-I don't know!" I said back, now a little scared myself. As soon as I had gotten angry, this had happened.

Within a few seconds, Connor started to move away from me. He started waving his arms. "Alica! Help!" he yelled.

"I don't know how!!" I said, starting to get afraid. He was sucked away into the mini tornado, and wasn't ever seen again.

After everyone ran way, I was locked in the basement.

That was eight years ago.

--

Like it? Don't like it? Tell me please :)

Latest posts

Back