Physically Impossible

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FKOD

Reaction score
The sky was cloaked by silver clouds that morning. With the exception of the occasional car passing by outside, all was quiet in the condo. This all changed when the alarm clock went off, much to the chagrin of the Tamagotchi who occupied a large, comfortable-looking bed.

This Tamagotchi is Piter, a Kuromametchi. He lazily slapped the snooze button and wondered how many dead people woke up when it went off. After a minute or so of sitting in a groggy haze, he finally motivated himself out of the bed and into the living room. He promptly settled on an old, somewhat worn-out brown couch and turned on the television. The weather channel came on, informing all viewers that there was a ninety percent chance of rain today. Piter grumbled to himself a little. Today was Wednesday, which was grocery day for him. Commercials started showing and Piter lost interest in the TV and became more interested in breakfast.

He had toast with strawberry jam on it, in case you were wondering.

After getting ready for a day in town, he got in his car and headed off to the large Tama-Mart in town. It is part of a large chain of department stores, and Piter’s roommate, Chance, worked there as a greeter. Chance is a Mumutchi, and he is the only living being in the entire universe that genuinely enjoys his job (seriously, if you know a happy store-greeter, tell me).

Piter pulled into the parking lot and noticed a few raindrops hitting the concrete. He mumbled a little to himself, irritated that he would have to carry groceries out to the car in the rain. As he entered the store, he saw a Shitekitchi passing by Chance.

“So, did you have fun today, ma’am?” asked Chance.

The Shitekitchi looked at Chance in a disgruntled and mildly confused manner and then said, “No.”

“That’s good to know! Have a nice day!”

The Shitekitchi gave Chance another look before leaving through the exit door. Chance then noticed Piter.

“Hey, Piter! Are you excited about grocery day?” asked the overly enthusiastic Chance.

“I hope that’s a rhetorical question,” replied Piter gruffly.

“Yeah, I already know you’re always really psyched about grocery shopping, anyway.”

“Yes, I really love navigating crowded aisles to accomplish a mundane task. It’s my favorite pastime. I always look forward to Wednesdays. In fact, Wednesday is my favorite day of the week.”

“If you’re so bummed out by crowds, you should come here at midnight. Plus, you know those freezer aisles? The lights in them will be out to save power, but they come on when you walk by them! Pretty sweet, huh?”

“Sure. You have fun with that. I have groceries to buy.”

“See ya!”

Piter pushed his cart into the grocery section and pulled a shopping list out of his scarf. He went to the dairy section in the back of the store and saw a wizard, or at least someone who was dressed like a wizard. Piter was unsure what to think of this. It wasn’t exactly normal to go grocery shopping while dressed as a master of the occult. The wizard was standing next to the shelves across from the dairy section and examining an egg carton. He (at least Piter assumed that the wizard was male) wore a navy blue hooded robe. He was shorter than Piter, so Piter assumed he was younger, possibly a teenager. After assuring that the eggs were not cracked, he placed them carefully in his cart. He then noticed Piter was staring at him.

“Um… is there a problem, mister?” said the wizard, who sounded fairly young.

“I was admiring your robe. Where did you get it at?” said Piter in a casual tone.

“Oh, yeah, all new members of my order get them. Were you interested in joining us?”

“Thanks, but no thanks. Do you have to wear that robe all the time?”

“Well… no… I’m here on behalf of the order. I can’t tell you why, it’s a secret.”

“Okay then. I’ll just be going now.”

Piter opened a fridge door and took a carton of milk. He figured the wizard needed eggs for some ritual or something. Or maybe he was going to make cookies for all the other wizards in his order. Even though they dabbled in interesting and unusual hobbies, they still had normal lives. The wizard was pushed out of his conscious thoughts and replaced with cookies. Piter figured he could pick up the things to make some, but what kind? Piter turned down another aisle when he realized that he had forgotten to get some eggs. It seemed odd to him that he would actually forget that, especially since eggs were on the list in Chance’s messy handwriting. He went back to the aisle and saw the wizard, who was examining coffee creamer and seemed to be talking to no one in particular.

“Yeah, uh, he was getting milk… He asked me a few questions… Well, I told him that I was part of the order… No, I didn’t say what order… He just wanted to know where I got my robe, okay? No big deal… I’m sorry, master… No, I didn’t let him know what I was doing here, he probably thinks I’m just getting things together for cookies…”

Piter quickly grabbed a carton of eggs and went down another aisle before the wizard noticed he was eavesdropping. He simply figured that he had one of those hands-free cell phones. Although he was somewhat curious about the conversation that the robed individual was having, but his thoughts eventually wandered to cookies again. Chocolate chip cookies sounded good right about now.

He did some more shopping, picking up things written on his list and ingredients for cookies. He found some chocolate chips and another wizard in one aisle. This wizard was probably an adult, and he had dark green robes. He also had a bag of candy in his hands. He glanced at Piter for a moment before returning his focus to candy. Piter imagined that they were having a party or something at some point. There would be a cake, maybe some coffee. That other wizard did have coffee creamer, after all…

The green robed wizard put the candy in his cart and rolled it out of the aisle. He then dramatically announced, in a raspy voice, “Now it begins.”

And all the wizards in the store began to wreak havoc on everything. Lightning shot out towards the ceiling, fires consumed the clothing section, and the aisles began falling over. The screams of shoppers and employees added to the cacophony of noise that polluted the air. Piter made a mad dash out of the aisle he was in to avoid being crushed by falling shelves.

He saw the young wizard standing in front of him with a fireball forming in his hands.

“Sorry… I’m just here on business, after all,” said the wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back