Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:06 AM
Well, originally, the pronunciation for "Tamagotchi" was intended to be, and is in most of the world (Including Japan), "Tah-Mah-Go-Chee", because one of the words that "Tamagotchi" is based from is "Tamago", which is "Egg" in Japanese but Bandai US refers to it as "Tah-Mah-Gah-Chee", perhaps because "Got" appears to be in there between "Tama" and "tchi".
That's too bad; are you shopping the anime around, though?
Oh, and I haven't seen the new commercial yet; I'll edit this post when I see it and am able to give an opinion on it.
Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:40 PM
Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:54 PM
Posted 29 August 2010 - 11:06 AM
Also, I have tons more questions:
1. Do you know anything about Bandai UK's apparent discontinuation of Tamagotchi?
2. Why does Bandai US pronounce Tamagotchi as "Tah-mah-gah-chee"?
3. What was "Mametchi" gonna post about when you said that?
4. What do you and the rest of Bandai US think of Admin's plan to upgrade TamaTalk?
Sorry for my constant questions, but I hope to see a response! Thank you!
- Piqutchi (AstromenÝ)
Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:49 AM
Sorry for the late reply. Work has been really busy.
1. I was unaware of that
2. You say potato, I say "poe-tah-toe"
3. Not sure what it was but I'm pretty sure it's up on the Tama blog now
4. I haven't read up on the upgrade plans...sorry
I'm sure you know this by now but it launched