Photo
- - - - -

Tama-Go : General Discussion Topic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mew0099

• mew0099 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:45 PM ( #307 )

Not sure if this question has been asked, but does anyone know if this is a North America (and others) exclusive Tama? Is it supposed to make up for the lack of Tamagotchi Colours here? Or is it avaliable in Japan as well? :huh:

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:49 PM ( #308 )

I recommend you pause your tama if you are worried you won't be able to get to it in the morning. They wake up fairly early. Don't adjust the clock as I guess its a slight glitch to reset the growth to the morning age it was previously.

Well at one point it was said it was a USA exclusive but it has been expanded to include other countries. But this is kinda like a comprimise on people wanting the Color/Id here in the USA.

Edited by SailorRosette, 05 August 2010 - 08:50 PM.

BurntSnow

• burntsnow user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:43 PM ( #309 )

I wish that +C could be available in the US. Here we've got this big, bulky Tama projecting big pixels in gray and in Japan they've got downloadable content, a compact toy with a jewel design, color, and over 62,000 pixels. It's not fair.

djor

• djor user photo

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:00 PM ( #310 )

I wish that +C could be available in the US. Here we've got this big, bulky Tama projecting big pixels in gray and in Japan they've got downloadable content, a compact toy with a jewel design, color, and over 62,000 pixels. It's not fair.

True, but for the people that don't own one and haven't used one, like myself, we don't really know what we're missing out on and just know the features. I believe that, eventually, America will get a color Tama. For now, the Tama-Go is great; the 4-gray scale is so much better than out other Tamas. I mean, we have to give Bandai some credit for this. And at least we have the figures, which no other Tamagotchi has. I would take a TMGC+C any day... in English :D .

EDIT: And also, it's Japan :huh: . They're bound to be way ahead of us, Tamagotchi-wise, at least :unsure: .

Edited by djor, 05 August 2010 - 10:02 PM.

BurntSnow

• burntsnow user photo

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:03 PM ( #311 )

The 4-gray scale is bull#^$% to cover up the non-colorness of it. Believe me, you're missing out if you don't have the +C. It's so advanced and...well...colorful.

djor

• djor user photo

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:11 PM ( #312 )

The 4-gray scale is bull#^$% to cover up the non-colorness of it. Believe me, you're missing out if you don't have the +C. It's so advanced and...well...colorful.

Oh, I know I'm missing out. But for some reason... I'm perfectly fine with it :huh: ! Don't know why, though... But I know I'll love the Tama-Go; I love the Music Star, and from all the stuff that I know about the Tama-Go, it's much better.

BurntSnow

• burntsnow user photo

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:15 PM ( #313 )

I thought I was perfectly fine too. Then I met the color. Anyways, I got a Memetchi figure. I'll update tomorrow.

butterkeks

• butterkeks user photo

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:31 PM ( #314 )

yaaay my tamago got shipped today! so it might be here by the end of next week :huh: I bet I'm the first austrian who got one haha xD

BurntSnow

• burntsnow user photo

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:36 PM ( #315 )

Speaking of which, I got a white with Kuchipatchi today with my Memetchi at Toys R Us. My aunt got it for me as a very late birthday gift (my b-day was July 24). Yes, no hinges are broken.
It seemed like a small lineup; there were 3 Memetchi Tama-Gos, 3 Mametchi Tama-Gos, and 3 Kuchipatchi Tama-Gos. Then, there was one of each figure in a small stack (I regret buying online). The Tama-Go seems, eh, a bit more fun. You get many more choices, but you have to stick with them. When there's 300 figures you get to pick your, well, pick, but then it's already paid for. No turning back.

aa221

• aa221 user photo

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:32 AM ( #316 )

My TamaTown Tama-Go has just arrived in the post the post today! He's now an Akhirutchi!

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:09 PM ( #317 )

A quick "heads up" to remind everyone that this is a general Tama-Go discussion topic covering where you have seen them for sale (on line or in stores) and if you have bought one - please don't forget to use the:

Help for New Tamagotchi Owners forum

What Happened to My Tamagotchi forum or the

Tamagotchi Logs forum

for any questions on your new tama or blogs on raising your tamas :o

Let's keep all the useful info in the right place - so ppl can learn from it or help with questions and answers ;)

Thanks everyone!

antonello09

• antonello09 user photo

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:10 PM ( #318 )

Is there a way to get more rooms or space at tamatown and theres a way to remove the scratches from the thing that goes on the face plate the transparent plastic thing

Edited by antonello09, 06 August 2010 - 12:51 PM.

SailorRosette

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:51 PM ( #319 )

Thanks TamaMum! I thought people were beginning to flood this with questions... I've been trying to stay on top of them. Trying to keep them in this general disscussion... But thakss for making a new topic.

SO how about if you guys have questions, I can try to help you there. Otherwise, they will be left un-answerd here. (Atleast from me)

http://www.tamatalk....howtopic=170248

Edited by SailorRosette, 06 August 2010 - 12:51 PM.

FlashCodeTama

• flashcodetama user photo

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:58 PM ( #320 )

Release Dates! :D
Many Of you Have Been Wondering when is Tama-go is going to be available to all stores!
;)

well the Tama-Go should be released at your store by DEC! :o
Please keep that in Mind! If you Cant buy one Now. Doesn't mean youl get It Later!
Then Tama-go's range will be around 20.00-30.00 dollars

SailorRosette

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:06 PM ( #321 )

I really doubt that... I believe they will all be in stores by September.

Prices will normally be: Random stores
Tama-Go $19.99 plus tax
Figures $6.99 plus tax

ToysRus seems to be a bit more: many TRU stores now have them in stock
Tama-Go $21.99 plus tax
Figures $7.99 plus tax

They are fluxuating prices online though. (For sites like Ebay, Amazon and so on)

COPIED and reposted my last post for others to read since this is a new page.

TamaMum made the topic for questions specifically

(IN the Help for New Tama Owner forum)
SO how about if you guys have Tama-Go related questions, I can try to help you there. Otherwise, they will be left un-answerd here. (Atleast from me)

http://www.tamatalk....howtopic=170248

Edited by SailorRosette, 06 August 2010 - 02:55 PM.

.:M@TT:.

• mtt user photo

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:38 PM ( #322 )

I JUST GOT MY TAMA-GO!

TMEdit: duplicate thread; topic merged with this one ;)

Edited by TamaMum, 07 August 2010 - 12:07 PM.

*mimitchi*

• mimitchi user photo

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:42 PM ( #323 )

Congrats. ;) I got mine today also. I ended up getting Blue with Memetchi. Which color did you get?