- - - - -

Tama-Go : General Discussion Topic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:47 AM ( #41 )

What is wrong with those prices?

They started off at an acceptable price of $20, and now they're $36???

$20 is about 12, which is a pretty normal price. $36 is about 21.60!

.:M@TT:.

• mtt user photo

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:48 AM ( #42 )

Mine is coming this Friday or Saturday!

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:12 AM ( #43 )

Cool. I'm glad you are getting yours.

Ya, that dude on Amazon is cranking the price. You can almost purchase two for that.... Not to mention the shipping isn't included until you click to buy. I almost bought from him when it was $26.99, but then I did the math.... That and the tamagotchi blog was updated to tell us Early August for in-store purchasing.

aa221

• aa221 user photo

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:19 AM ( #44 )

I can't wait!! LOOK!! It was ($78) 48, 30 for delivery to the UK but apparently, all worth it!!!

Edited by aa221, 23 July 2010 - 04:49 AM.

SailorRosette

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:28 AM ( #45 )

Eek! $78? You are in the UK as you say... Did you pay for speedy shipment or what? But atleast you know you'll get one.

tamaluvz257

• tamaluvz257 user photo

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:03 PM ( #46 )

OHHHH :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: I dont know if Ill be able to buy one now!!!! The most I get to spend is $20!! :(

Tamagotchi-Ashu

• tamagotchi-ashu user photo

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:14 PM ( #47 )

OMG! I just checked BEGUM9's stock of Tama-Gos, and the white one with Kuchipatchi is $69.99!!! And don't forget the $4.95 shipping!! The blue and green are now $46.99 apiece plus $4.95 shipping! The figurines (also sold by BEGUM9) are $12.99 apice plus $3.95 shipping! That's really outrageous!

SailorRosette

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:18 PM ( #48 )

That is insane to raise them that high. You can get a Tama Color for that.... and some Tamagotchi Ids.

BTW, people talking about Euros... Not all of us convert money well. So .... Ya.

Serrafina_Pekkala

• serrafina-pekkala user photo

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:57 PM ( #49 )

Mine is coming this Friday or Saturday!

How do you know that, M@tt? If you're still talking about the one that you ordered from Target.com and swore you were getting in 3-5 days, I still think you will be disappointed. Or did you go and order one somewhere else? Because Target.com isn't even offering them anymore... they don't know if or when they'll be back in stock online.

Serrafina_Pekkala

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:59 PM ( #50 )

That is insane to raise them that high. You can get a Tama Color for that.... and some Tamagotchi Ids.

BTW, people talking about Euros... Not all of us convert money well. So .... Ya.

Here you go! Currency Conversion Calculator

Serrafina_Pekkala

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:16 PM ( #51 )

What is wrong with those prices?

They started off at an acceptable price of $20, and now they're $36???

$20 is about 12, which is a pretty normal price. $36 is about 21.60!

Don't worry, that's a private seller offering them through Amazon. That does not in any way reflect the actual retail price of the item, and it is not the price that Amazon will be selling them for. If Amazon ever has them back in stock, they will be $19.99, as they will be in retail stores.

SailorRosette

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:29 PM ( #52 )

@- M@tt,

You probably did a PRE-ORDER from Target.com. When they say so many days it doesn't directly mean that you will have it in that many days. It means that once they receive shipment of the Tama-Go in stores, they will send it and you will have recieved it in that many days. But keep in mind, even if you paid more for faster shipping, its only for shipping. Not the total wait time for your item.

:angry: But it'll be out soon, so your wait will soon be over. Try not to be bummed about not getting it so soon.

Thanks Serrafina_Pekkala, that will be great for the users who don't convert money well.

Serrafina_Pekkala

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:45 PM ( #53 )

@- M@tt,

You probably did a PRE-ORDER from Target.com. When they say so many days it doesn't directly mean that you will have it in that many days. It means that once they receive shipment of the Tama-Go in stores, they will send it and you will have recieved it in that many days. But keep in mind, even if you paid more for faster shipping, its only for shipping. Not the total wait time for your item.

:furawatchi: But it'll be out soon, so your wait will soon be over. Try not to be bummed about not getting it so soon.

Thanks Serrafina_Pekkala, that will be great for the users who don't convert money well.

I tried telling him that many, many times... He ordered it on Target.com on the same day that a lot of us did, when it said "Item will ship in 2 to 4 weeks" and was telling everyone that "I payed more so their sending mine faster" or something along those lines, saying it would be to him in 3-5 days. I tried to explain that 3-5 days was the shipping method he selected, and it would take the 3-5 days just to ship it to him AFTER it arrives in the warehouse and AFTER they send it to him from the warehouse once they finally get it in, but it seems he's still insisting that it's only going to take the 3-5 days to get to him... I was trying to explain it so that his little heart wouldn't be broken. I know that if I was younger and didn't understand what was going on, and truly truly thought that it was going to be to me in 3-5 days, I would keep checking the mailbox every day and keep being really, really bummed every single day it would not be there. Seeing as Target said it would be 2-4 weeks I didn't want that to go on for a month... but, seems the pour soul is determined not to listen...

SailorRosette

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:51 PM ( #54 )

Well some of your post tend to sound different then you are probably intending to... But I guess it is M@tt's choice to listen or not. It will be his sadness to know we are correct about this. (Even if it'd be REALLY nice to have it that fast)

The only people who seem to have gotten them are the people whom ordered from Amazon on first release or supplemented with one from Bandai directly.

ShAwDy_1

• shawdy-1 user photo
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:21 PM ( #55 )

I'd just like to clear something up real quick.

The Tama-Go merchandise that's being sold on Amazon.com right now are NOT directly from Amazon NOR Target. They are being sold by the seller BEGUM9 (which is like a seller on e-bay).

It seems like the more people that buy them before the Tama-Go is officially released, the higher this seller keeps raising the prices. Today I went on and saw that the Figures for about $14 :o. Now they are all back at $8.99

The regular price for the Tama-Go is $19.99, the Gotchi Figure is $6.99 and the Carry Case is $14.99

In my opinion, the prices that the Tama-Go and Carry Case are listed for is RIDICULOUS! :blink: The buyer knows that many people are very anxious to get these new Tamagotchis and would really pay to get them. But these prices are over doing it! It's the height of ridiculousness. :angry:

I ordered 2 figures because I thought, hey that's reasonable :unsure: ; I don't mind paying the $2 extra <_< . But the other items are like double / triple the regular price. It's outrageous.

~shawdy~ :furawatchi:

Serrafina_Pekkala

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:32 PM ( #56 )

I'd just like to clear something up real quick.

The Tama-Go merchandise that's being sold on Amazon.com right now are NOT directly from Amazon NOR Target. They are being sold by the seller BEGUM9 (which is like a seller on e-bay).

It seems like the more people that buy them before the Tama-Go is officially released, the higher this seller keeps raising the prices. Today I went on and saw that the Figures for about $14 :angry:. Now they are all back at $8.99

The regular price for the Tama-Go is $19.99, the Gotchi Figure is $6.99 and the Carry Case is $14.99

In my opinion, the prices that the Tama-Go and Carry Case are listed for is RIDICULOUS! :rollseyes: The buyer knows that many people are very anxious to get these new Tamagotchis and would really pay to get them. But these prices are over doing it! It's the height of ridiculousness. :unsure:

I ordered 2 figures because I thought, hey that's reasonable <_< ; I don't mind paying the $2 extra :blink: . But the other items are like double / triple the regular price. It's outrageous.

~shawdy~ :furawatchi:

Thank you, Shawdy! I was alarmed at the amount of people that seemed to be worrying that those would be the real prices, and I tried to point it out in one of my responses that the prices they were looking at were in a private seller's storefront on Amazon and in no way reflect the actual retail price of the item or the price that Amazon was/will be selling them for, but you summed it up much more nicely than I did! :o

aa221

• aa221 user photo

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:37 AM ( #57 )

Eek! $78? You are in the UK as you say... Did you pay for speedy shipment or what? But atleast you know you'll get one.

LOL, The Tama-Go itself was $18 or something, the reason it was raised that high was because I live in Europe, it was to pay for delivery out of the USA, if I didn't live outside of the US it would be cheeper.

SailorRosette

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:55 AM ( #58 )

Ya. I figured it was import tax and shipping. But its cool you were able to buy one aa221!

Salvador101

• salvador101 user photo

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:22 AM ( #59 )

I almost forgot, i got my Tama-Go. I think you all know. xD

aa221

• aa221 user photo

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:46 PM ( #60 )

I almost forgot, i got my Tama-Go. I think you all know. xD

Did you give any codes out?! :(

Uuh, yeah, forget I said that, anyways, congrats! How do you like it?

Edited by aa221, 24 July 2010 - 07:38 AM.