Photo
- - - - -

Tama-Go : General Discussion Topic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:06 PM ( #61 )

Okay guys.... We already had a huge issue about giving codes out already. I'm going to nip this in the butt to be frank.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT GIVE OUT CODES. (the TamaTown Tama-Go codes)

Why? Its unfair to Bandai. They haven't even been released in stores yet. It ruins the game for many users. Eventually people will be able to release them, but WAIT for a while boefore you release them. Please.

MANY PEOPLE will argee. Thank you.

Trying not to be rude or anything, but I don't want this topic to be closed down/ removed due to arguing, people starting to post codes or anything of the sort.

*Proof that it was an issue before.
http://www.tamatalk....howtopic=169302

Edited by SailorRosette, 23 July 2010 - 04:38 PM.

tamame20

• tamame20 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:23 PM ( #62 )

i got my violetchi figure in the mail :angry: and i STILL dont have my tamago :angry:

SailorRosette

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:25 PM ( #63 )

i got my violetchi figure in the mail :angry: and i STILL dont have my tamago :angry:

A Partial is better then nothing.

-crayonscribbles-

• crayonscribbles user photo

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:42 PM ( #64 )

I bought mine today, here in Colorado, at Toys 'R' Us for $19.99. =D

SailorRosette

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:46 PM ( #65 )

Congrats!

Cool. That means they will be in more stores soon.

I wonder if my ToysRus has them yet.... Doubt it.

Serrafina_Pekkala

• serrafina-pekkala user photo

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:48 PM ( #66 )

Congratulations! I searched literally all of the Meijer, Target, Wal-Mart and Toys 'R Us stores in Grand Rapids, Michigan today and no luck. I'm really afraid that by the time they get here they'll sell out quickly and I won't be able to go out and nab one in time...

In other news, someone is selling a Kuchipatchi Tama-Go with Memetchi Figurine on eBay.

djor

• djor user photo

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:15 PM ( #67 )

...That means they will be in more stores soon.

I wonder if my ToysRus has them yet.... Doubt it.

*Slightly Off-Topic*

I visited my Target today and checked to see if they had any Tama-Go's, since they've always sold Tama merchandise there... Not a single Tamagotchi logo in sight! They're nowhere to be found in my Target any more! And the last one I got there was a Music Star! So then I went to Toys R Us... Same thing! It's sad, because that was where I got my first ever Tamagotchi... an Orange with Bursts V1... I asked an employee if they had Tamagotchi's and he said "I haven't seen them in a long time" in a way that seemed as if he was saying "Those are still around?" :angry:

Needless to say, I'm discouraged :angry: I don't want to succumb to buying it off of Amazon or something. THAT won't happen until Bandai gets in more shipments, instead of someone selling them for way more than anyone should have to pay.

Sorry to get off-topic. That's me!

ipickee

• ipickee user photo

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:54 PM ( #68 )

*Slightly Off-Topic*

I visited my Target today and checked to see if they had any Tama-Go's, since they've always sold Tama merchandise there... Not a single Tamagotchi logo in sight! They're nowhere to be found in my Target any more! And the last one I got there was a Music Star! So then I went to Toys R Us... Same thing! It's sad, because that was where I got my first ever Tamagotchi... an Orange with Bursts V1... I asked an employee if they had Tamagotchi's and he said "I haven't seen them in a long time" in a way that seemed as if he was saying "Those are still around?" :)

Needless to say, I'm discouraged :D I don't want to succumb to buying it off of Amazon or something. THAT won't happen until Bandai gets in more shipments, instead of someone selling them for way more than anyone should have to pay.

I don't think you're off topic at all! This is the Tama Go general discussion page, after all! I need to check my local TRU again. Last week, they told me it was finally in their system, I'll call tomorrow and see if they're in stock yet. I'd love to get some figures!

aa221

• aa221 user photo

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:01 AM ( #69 )

Okay guys.... We already had a huge issue about giving codes out already. I'm going to nip this in the butt to be frank.

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT GIVE OUT CODES. (the TamaTown Tama-Go codes)

Why? Its unfair to Bandai. They haven't even been released in stores yet. It ruins the game for many users. Eventually people will be able to release them, but WAIT for a while boefore you release them. Please.

MANY PEOPLE will argee. Thank you.

Trying not to be rude or anything, but I don't want this topic to be closed down/ removed due to arguing, people starting to post codes or anything of the sort.

*Proof that it was an issue before.
http://www.tamatalk....howtopic=169302

Yeah, I agree, I was just wondering since Memetchi <3 has a code and so does Kapteeni Kilppa and they don't have the Tama-Go, do they?

aa221

• aa221 user photo

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:11 AM ( #70 )

i got my violetchi figure in the mail :) and i STILL dont have my tamago :D

What? Did you order them on the same day?

KuroMametchi

• kuromametchi user photo

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:36 AM ( #71 )

I called up my local toys r us and they said that they would be getting a shipment this thursday (7/15/2010 to be exact) :D I am realy excited

are you from the UK?

KuroMametchi

• kuromametchi user photo

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:52 AM ( #72 )

How much are they please?

SailorRosette

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:16 AM ( #73 )

Congratulations! I searched literally all of the Meijer, Target, Wal-Mart and Toys 'R Us stores in Grand Rapids, Michigan today and no luck. I'm really afraid that by the time they get here they'll sell out quickly and I won't be able to go out and nab one in time...

In other news, someone is selling a Kuchipatchi Tama-Go with Memetchi Figurine on eBay.

Well I'll keep look on the Mid-Michigan side of the world. Since we are in the same state.

@ KuroMametchi

The price for the TamaTwon Tama-Go will be $19.99, Figures are ing to be $6.99

aa221

• aa221 user photo

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:19 AM ( #74 )

Congratulations!! Is it out in that area already?! :o I could've asked my uncle to get me one from there! XD

Serrafina_Pekkala

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:29 AM ( #75 )

*Slightly Off-Topic*

I visited my Target today and checked to see if they had any Tama-Go's, since they've always sold Tama merchandise there... Not a single Tamagotchi logo in sight! They're nowhere to be found in my Target any more! And the last one I got there was a Music Star! So then I went to Toys R Us... Same thing! It's sad, because that was where I got my first ever Tamagotchi... an Orange with Bursts V1... I asked an employee if they had Tamagotchi's and he said "I haven't seen them in a long time" in a way that seemed as if he was saying "Those are still around?" :o

Needless to say, I'm discouraged :( I don't want to succumb to buying it off of Amazon or something. THAT won't happen until Bandai gets in more shipments, instead of someone selling them for way more than anyone should have to pay.

No no no! DO NOT WORRY! Just because they're saying that they haven't had it in a long time and you don't see any logos DOES NOT mean that they will not be selling them. Bandai will be distributing them to Toys 'R Us, says so on the Tama-Go website, it shows Toys 'R Us and Wal-Mart. When they're distributing to a whole chain, they distribute to the WHOLE chain. They will not skip your store. Think about it, though, they're just clearing out the old to make room for the new. All stores are currently doing a "reset" of their merchandise, as is customary during the transition from summer to fall, and back to school. Don't worry honey. They'll get them. And then that employee will probably be like "Oh! Well... weird." I've found that when you ask, you have to say "No, there's a new one, and it's supposed to be out this week or next week." That usually prompts them to look on the computer instead of doing the lazy employee thing (as I've found many of them do) and just give you the response you got.

brunotchi

• brunotchi user photo

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:31 AM ( #76 )

it whould have been really cool if they put happyhappyitchi the little pink thing that flys on the tama-go

Serrafina_Pekkala

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:52 AM ( #77 )

it whould have been really cool if they put happyhappyitchi the little pink thing that flys on the tama-go

Amen to that, Brunotchi! My favourite character... in case you couldn't tell. :o

Also, as an aside, everybody, I sent the following message to BEGUM9 (the seller selling them in their Amazon Storefront) while their prices were still $46.98 for Memetchi and Mametchi, and $69.99 for Kuchipachi

"You may want to reconsider raising your prices so high. I'm a member of a Tamagotchi discussion board, and everyone is saying that they would have considered paying the $26.99 but now that you've raised them so high, everyone is outraged that the prices are so inflated. You now have your Tama-Go units priced the same or higher than Tamagotchi +Color or Tamagotchi ID, which are items that everyone on the forum covets but can't afford as they are Japanese only releases and they can only be purchased on eBay. If they have to choose between your Tama-Go with the black and white screen or the Tamagotchi +Color or Tamagotchi iD I'm willing to bet they'll choose the Color or iD. [url="http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=tamagotchi+color&_sacat=See-All-Categories""]http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3...ategories"[/url]

And logged in the next morning to see their new (and current!) prices, which are $34.95 each with $4.95 shipping. Hopefully I made enough of a difference that some of us can now afford one before they're available in our area. Just try to think logically about it though, if you don't have a lot of money. I'm preventing myself from ordering one of these because I'm not rich and I know that within a week or two I will for 100% certain be able to purchase one of them at a store near me, and that I have plenty of Tamagotchi to play with until then, so I don't feel the need to spend the extra $15 on the toy itself. In a week or two when I'm standing in front of that store display, that same amount will mean one Tama-Go (almost TWO for another $5) and TWO character figurines! So I'm doing my absolute best to remain patient. :(

SailorRosette

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:00 AM ( #78 )

Thank you for doing that. That pricing was insane... They definatly needed to do some research....

aa221

• aa221 user photo

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:16 AM ( #79 )

Did he really raise them that high!? For delivery purposes I can understand, but for just the Tamagotchi ALONE!? He's going a bit too far, thanks for talking some sence into him, I didn't see those really overpriced ones until yesterday.

tamame20

• tamame20 user photo

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:43 AM ( #80 )

What? Did you order them on the same day?

nope I ordered my tamago about a week before