Photo
- - - - -

Tama-Go : General Discussion Topic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

tamame20

• tamame20 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:00 AM ( #81 )

i made some tamago face plates has anyone else made any? if you want to see them click here --> http://lovelytamago.blogspot.com/

Edited by tamame20, 25 July 2010 - 11:01 AM.

djor

• djor user photo

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:05 AM ( #82 )

No no no! DO NOT WORRY! Just because they're saying that they haven't had it in a long time and you don't see any logos DOES NOT mean that they will not be selling them. Bandai will be distributing them to Toys 'R Us, says so on the Tama-Go website, it shows Toys 'R Us and Wal-Mart. When they're distributing to a whole chain, they distribute to the WHOLE chain. They will not skip your store. Think about it, though, they're just clearing out the old to make room for the new. All stores are currently doing a "reset" of their merchandise, as is customary during the transition from summer to fall, and back to school. Don't worry honey. They'll get them. And then that employee will probably be like "Oh! Well... weird." I've found that when you ask, you have to say "No, there's a new one, and it's supposed to be out this week or next week." That usually prompts them to look on the computer instead of doing the lazy employee thing (as I've found many of them do) and just give you the response you got.

Thanks, I'll probably check back some time this week. And I haven't checked my Wal-Mart, so I'll definitely do that, as well. Thanks for the encouragement! I hadn't been to Toys 'R Us in forever, and that day I had learned that it's very easy to get lost! <_< I found myself asking, "Have I been to this aisle before?" about 10 times! I wish everyone good luck on finding their Tama-Go and figures!

Serrafina_Pekkala

• serrafina-pekkala user photo

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:36 PM ( #83 )

The orders that were placed on Amazon during the period of time when they were taking advanced orders and the website read "Will ship when item is in stock. You will receive e-mail notification when an estimated ship date for this item has been updated." are now completely canceled. I received this e-mail from Amazon yesterday:

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're unable to fulfill your order for the items listed below because they aren't available from the supplier any longer. As a result, we cancelled them from your order and your credit card wasn't charged.

Tamagotchi Handheld game - Blue with Memetchi

We're sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com

misuzu_kamio

• misuzu-kamio user photo

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:37 PM ( #84 )

The orders that were placed on Amazon during the period of time when they were taking advanced orders and the website read "Will ship when item is in stock. You will receive e-mail notification when an estimated ship date for this item has been updated." are now completely canceled. I received this e-mail from Amazon yesterday:

Oh no.....

Lyn

• lyn user photo

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:49 PM ( #85 )

I have a question: Does the ~$19 Tama-go comes with a figurine? Or do you have to pay ~$7 extra for the figurine? :D

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:43 PM ( #86 )

It comes with one figure. Mametchi, Memetchi or Kuchipatchi.

Then if you want extra figures, yes you need to pay the extra $7 for it. The pricing is correct.

tamatama201

• tamatama201 user photo

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:48 PM ( #87 )

http://www.amazon.co...0_1.3_157&fsc=5

[SIZE=14][COLOR=green][B][FONT=Arial]THEY FINALLY DROPED THE PRICE OF THE TMGO'S!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :: :D :kusatchi: :nazotchi: :nyatchi: :) :mimitchi: B) :D :D B) :ph34r:

tamatama201

• tamatama201 user photo

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:49 PM ( #88 )

HOW DO U LIKE MAKE A FACEPLATE LIKE TAMAME20?????? :)

babymango

• babymango user photo

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:52 PM ( #89 )

hi all i stay in singapore n i was thinking will tama-go be sold in asia???

Lyn

• lyn user photo

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:23 PM ( #90 )

HOW DO U LIKE MAKE A FACEPLATE LIKE TAMAME20?????? :nazotchi:

Here's one from Binary:
http://www.tamatalk....ic=169097&st=20

There's a face plate template and some made by other people there~
http://tama-zone.com/ar/t23224.htm

Most likely, yes. I haven't been to singapore in a long time, but the last time I was there, they have it. (This was 4 years ago)

Edited by Lyn, 25 July 2010 - 10:31 PM.

Serrafina_Pekkala

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:26 AM ( #91 )

[quote name='tamatama201' date='July 25, 2010 06:48 pm']http://www.amazon.co...0_1.3_157&fsc=5 

[SIZE=14][COLOR=green][B][FONT=Arial]THEY FINALLY DROPED THE PRICE OF THE TMGO'S!!!!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  ::  :marumimitchi:  :kusatchi:  :nazotchi:  :nyatchi:  :(  :mimitchi:  :mametchi:  :kuribotchi:  :ichigotchi:  :hitodetchi:  :ph34r:[/quote]
Since it doesn't seem like you read previous posts in this topic, I'd like to emphasize that those were *not* Amazon's prices, those were the prices of an individual seller providing them in his Amazon Storefront, much like you see on eBay. I posted before about this very thing, also. The seller dropped their prices after I sent them an e-mail telling them that members of a Tamagotchi discussion board were outraged, and his were so expensive that people may as well go buy a Tamagotchi +Color or Tamagotchi iD, and probably would, because of the color screen...

[quote]
  Posted: July 24, 2010 09:52 am
  Post Reply to this topic
[quote](brunotchi @ July 24, 2010 09:31 am)
it whould have been really cool if they put happyhappyitchi the little pink thing that flys on the tama-go[/quote]

Amen to that, Brunotchi! My favourite character... in case you couldn't tell. ;)

Also, as an aside, everybody, I sent the following message to BEGUM9 (the seller selling them in their Amazon Storefront) while their prices were still $46.98 for Memetchi and Mametchi, and $69.99 for Kuchipachi

"You may want to reconsider raising your prices so high. I'm a member of a Tamagotchi discussion board, and everyone is saying that they would have considered paying the $26.99 but now that you've raised them so high, everyone is outraged that the prices are so inflated. You now have your Tama-Go units priced the same or higher than Tamagotchi +Color or Tamagotchi ID, which are items that everyone on the forum covets but can't afford as they are Japanese only releases and they can only be purchased on eBay. If they have to choose between your Tama-Go with the black and white screen or the Tamagotchi +Color or Tamagotchi iD I'm willing to bet they'll choose the Color or iD. [url="http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3...ategories""]http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3...ategories"[/url]

And logged in the next morning to see their new (and current!) prices, which are $34.95 each with $4.95 shipping. Hopefully I made enough of a difference that some of us can now afford one before they're available in our area. Just try to think logically about it though, if you don't have a lot of money. I'm preventing myself from ordering one of these because I'm not rich and I know that within a week or two I will for 100% certain be able to purchase one of them at a store near me, and that I have plenty of Tamagotchi to play with until then, so I don't feel the need to spend the extra $15 on the toy itself. In a week or two when I'm standing in front of that store display, that same amount will mean one Tama-Go (almost TWO for another $5) and TWO character figurines! So I'm doing my absolute best to remain patient. ;)[/quote][QUOTE]

misuzu_kamio

• misuzu-kamio user photo

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:41 AM ( #92 )

Since it doesn't seem like you read previous posts in this topic, I'd like to emphasize that those were *not* Amazon's prices, those were the prices of an individual seller providing them in his Amazon Storefront, much like you see on eBay. I posted before about this very thing, also. The seller dropped their prices after I sent them an e-mail telling them that members of a Tamagotchi discussion board were outraged, and his were so expensive that people may as well go buy a Tamagotchi +Color or Tamagotchi iD, and probably would, because of the color screen...

It saddens me when people post without reading v_v

CuteLilChibiTama<3

• cutelilchibitama<3 user photo

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:43 AM ( #93 )

I know there has been some discussion about Begum9s' pricing. I have read these topics back to front and I know it was said the prices have been lowered on Amazon. While this is true, while scouring eBay for Tamagotchis I may not have yet, I found some items he was selling, including figurines and the Tamago units. His pricing on these items are still fairly unreasonable. The figurines are $11 dollars (ok fair enough its not as huge as before) and the units start at $40. These prices are all in US currency, and the postage is also fairly large. So just be wary if bidding on eBay, that you make sure you check the postage price before clicking "buy it now".
Happy TamaTalking :(

purplerice

• purplerice user photo

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:35 PM ( #94 )

I've seen people selling Tama-Go on an auction site in Taiwan. The shape of the packages look the same as the ones we have here, but the images and text are different on the package. On the back of the package, I can see a sticker from Bandai-Asia.

I was going to ask my friend over there to buy one for me, but I couldn't tell if it is genuine. And if it is, I'm not sure if it will work with the figures released here. So I didn't do so.

chrispilot2293

• chrispilot2293 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:06 PM ( #95 )

Toys R us in Olathe Kansas has 6 tama-gos in stock and all the accesorys I have one on hold for me, (green with mametchi)

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:13 PM ( #96 )

Thats good news. More people seem to be recieveing Tama-Gos in stock.

Guys, I think those ones being sold in Taiwan are FAKES. I don't recommend you buy them. Tama-Gos are USA exclusive right now.

DoveMuffin

• dovemuffin user photo

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:52 PM ( #97 )

Toys R us in Olathe Kansas has 6 tama-gos in stock and all the accesorys I have one on hold for me, (green with mametchi)

In the physical store? Or just online?

Serrafina_Pekkala

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:55 PM ( #98 )

I know there has been some discussion about Begum9s' pricing. I have read these topics back to front and I know it was said the prices have been lowered on Amazon. While this is true, while scouring eBay for Tamagotchis I may not have yet, I found some items he was selling, including figurines and the Tamago units. His pricing on these items are still fairly unreasonable. The figurines are $11 dollars (ok fair enough its not as huge as before) and the units start at $40. These prices are all in US currency, and the postage is also fairly large. So just be wary if bidding on eBay, that you make sure you check the postage price before clicking "buy it now".
Happy TamaTalking :mimitchi:

BEGUM9's pricing on the Tamago units is $34.95 plus $4.95 shipping on Amazon.com as of 6:50 pm EST.

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:01 PM ( #99 )

@DoveMuffin

I think he (?) would definitely be talking about a physical store, since he (?) mentioned a location, and TRU only has a website for sales from the company itself (TRU, I mean).

babymango

• babymango user photo

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:32 PM ( #100 )

thanks guys but i already bought my tama-go on amazon at $34 plus plus from the BEGUM9 store =p but the figurine its $8.99 plus plus n i think i will arrive in singapore by next thurs or fri hee hee