P2 Pixel problem...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

*mimitchi*

Reaction score
I have a P2 Tamagotchi that I recently started up.

It has good batteries in it (or so they seem to be good, they work fine), but the bottom row of pixels and the bottom row of icons do not light up. I tried resetting it, but that hasn't worked.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about, just to be a little more specific. [Link]

If any of you guys know if there's anything I could do to fix it, I'd really appreciate it. :)

Thank you.

Have you taken it apart recently? I had to for my Tamagotchi Angel once because I accidentally dropped it in my glass of water, so I needed to air everything out. :angry: Anyway, if you've ever taken apart a (vintage) Tamagotchi, at least, just make sure that everything is tightly in place. I had a row of missing pixels after putting it back together, and after tinkering around with it for a little bit and screwing everything tightly back together, problem solved! Another experience I've had with missing pixels was when one of the wires came off from the circuit board and so I had to soder it back on. Other than that, these are the only types of experiences I've had that MAY be similar to yours (I've never had the entire bottom row of icons missing). I hope this helps a bit, although each little problem is always unique. I would only do it if you're comfortable with opening up your Tamagotchi though.

Thanks for your help, you guys! :furawatchi:

I'll probably try to tinker with it tomorrow, and see what's going on inside. Hopefully I can find something that's obvious (like the wire coming off :blink: ) so I can fix it right away.

The bottom icons do work, but it's really aggravating guessing at what's what. :/

I'm having a worse problem here I think. It creates a Pixel over my character. But the icons do work. The back lost a screw and the connection is terrible. So I've always had to press it down really hard. Do you guys have that problem? But it won't work yeterday when I tried it. Here's a pic of how it looks like now: https://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad26/Pi...is/DSCN7193.jpg

So Mimitchi, I think are you having the same problem?

Like you have to press it down harder to see the icons and get the ring around the tama away? You can try.

thanks guys ....

Edited:Typo

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having a worse problem here I think. It creates a Pixel over my character. But the icons do work. The back lost a screw and the connection is terrible. So I've always had to press it down really hard. Do you guys have that problem? But it won't work yeterday when I tried it. Here's a pic of how it looks like now: https://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad26/Pi...is/DSCN7193.jpg
So Mimitchi, I think are you having the same problem?

Like you have to press it down harder to see the icons and get the ring around the tama away? You can try.

thanks guys ....

Edited:Typo
Wow, I think your problem is worse than mine. :lol:

I also only have one screw in the back of mine, but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with connections inside, or not. I can press my buttons normally and they work fine, I can even go into the icons that aren't lit up and check it's stats/discipline it, etc.

It actually looks like we have opposite problems! :) My pixels are missing, and your pixels cover the screen.

I haven't taken it apart yet to see what's up on the inside, and I'm planning on doing that today. Hopefully I can get it to work. Maybe you should try taking yours apart to see if there's anything messed up there too.

Once I do the surgery, I'll come back here to let you guys know what I've found. :unsure:

Wow, I think your problem is worse than mine. :lol:
I also only have one screw in the back of mine, but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with connections inside, or not. I can press my buttons normally and they work fine, I can even go into the icons that aren't lit up and check it's stats/discipline it, etc.

It actually looks like we have opposite problems! :) My pixels are missing, and your pixels cover the screen.

I haven't taken it apart yet to see what's up on the inside, and I'm planning on doing that today. Hopefully I can get it to work. Maybe you should try taking yours apart to see if there's anything messed up there too.

Once I do the surgery, I'll come back here to let you guys know what I've found. :unsure:
hay this has happend to my p1 tamagotchi ok on the top of the tamagotchi

press it really hard but not to hard and there and then stop pressing it till the pixel show and there

Hmm, did you get it used? Maybe it has water in it. Put it in a bag of dry rice...?

Hmm, did you get it used? Maybe it has water in it. Put it in a bag of dry rice...?
Humm, Interesting idea. Never thought of that by removing the possibly water inside.

Could it be possible wires somehow got crossed between eachother? Like one got sodered in the incorret place or are just touching together when it is sealed? I guess that'd be something to look at... Although I wouln't now how you'd tell how they migt be sodered incorrectly....... Unles you open up another p1/p2.

@~Monchi~ - I got it slightly used still in it's box, but it never showed any type of problems other than this, and I've never dropped it in water. But the dry rice is an interesting idea.
imageproxy.php

@SailorRosette - I'm going to try opening it soon, because I'm thinking it either has something to do with a wire problem, or one of the contact pads may be dirty or in the wrong place.

It might not be too big of a problem, because when it does certain animations, some of the missing pixels will start to light up again, but they won't fully come back on, along with the bottom set of icons.

Just a tip: if you try putting it in rice to get out any water possibly in there, use brown rice. It works a lot better than white rice. Oh, and make sure you take out the batteries first, of course.

try tightening the screws on the circuit bord. otherwise i have no idea somthing like this happened to my v4.5 a long time ago and i still cant fix it :angry:

Just opened it up, and unfortunately there was one little screw on the circuit board that was stubborn and wouldn't budge. So I couldn't get all the way to the LCD screen to locate the problem, I even let my dad try to loosen the screw, but he was unsuccessful as well. I put it back together and the screen is still missing pixels.

I'm not entirely sure what to do about it now, other than buy a new one.

Be cautious with putting pressure on the screen, you could crack the LCD. If that happens, you'll have a bunch of dead pixels that you won't be able to fix.

Too little pressure (or a loose connection inside the device) will result in pixels not showing up.

Too much pressure (or a damaged screen) will cause pixels to "flare" or stick on the screen.

I guess I'll just have to live with it, because I can't get the device fully opened without putting a lot of pressure on the screw to open it, or drilling the head off of the little screw inside and getting a new one to put in its place.

I've drilled the heads off the messed up screws on the battery casing, but I'm afraid of drilling the tiny ones on the circuit board. I'm too afraid it'll mess it up more than what it is now.

Other than that, there's not much I can do to try and fix it. :angry:

I guess I'll just have to live with it, because I can't get the device fully opened without putting a lot of pressure on the screw to open it, or drilling the head off of the little screw inside and getting a new one to put in its place.
I've drilled the heads off the messed up screws on the battery casing, but I'm afraid of drilling the tiny ones on the circuit board. I'm too afraid it'll mess it up more than what it is now.

Other than that, there's not much I can do to try and fix it. :eek:
just press really hard on the top of the tamagotchi anf then when the pixls show let it go and there

just press really hard on the top of the tamagotchi anf then when the pixls show let it go and there
I don't quite understand what it is you want me to do, or how that could possibly fix an internal problem...

:eek:

I don't quite understand what it is you want me to do, or how that could possibly fix an internal problem...
:eek:
where it says tamagotchi press there really hard and then u will see the icons light up and then let go and there ur pixles might show i did that on my tamagotchi p1

where it says tamagotchi press there really hard and then u will see the icons light up and then let go and there ur pixles might show i did that on my tamagotchi p1
It won't help if there is a stubborn screw that is on the circutboard. If anything, that would ruin it more...

You could try a tiny dab of super glue and glue it to the end of the respective size of the screwdriver and screw.... Then let dry and twist it out gently and hope it helps... Its been a weird idea but sometime it works on other things I need loosened.

Or maybe you can try a tiny bit off goof off... It loosens things out.... kinda like a lubricant......................... Make sure you dry it out if you do decide to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back