Ellie and Beth's list of role play starters!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.::GoldenSky::.

Reaction score
1. A classic starter is for your character to be in the park. They are usually sitting on a bench or a swing, looking around. They may or may not be bored.

2. Think of an addiction your character has - whether that's smoking or playing Pacman - and have them doing that at the start.

3. Describe everything. Describe your character’s surroundings, their clothes, their feelings…heck, even the fluorescent lighting on the ceiling.

4. Make your character's father ask them to buy groceries. A good item for this is bread.

5. Have them walking down the street. For the post after that, see starter 34.

6. Have two characters? Do they know each other? Make them argue.

7. Ramble about the character's thoughts on the plot.

8. Does your character have anything that can count as a job? Have them finish a shift.

9. Make your character go to the supermarket, or be coming back from the supermarket. –coughbeccacough-

10. If you have a character that hugs everyone, have them hug a random character for an interesting reaction. (Yes, Becca, that means you.)

11. Is your character a self centred jerk with weird hair? Is there a small character in the role play? Make your character pick on the small character. Especially if the midget is called Kyro.

12. If your character is insane, you can put literally anything and get away with it.

13. If you character is a Mary Sue, you can also get away with anything.

14. If your character is an insane Mary Sue... uh... IDK.

15. Has your character had a romantic relation ship with another character's brother? Make your character brag about it to the other character. Works especially well if your character is blonde, and the other character has blue hair.

16. If your character has magical powers and shiz, talk about them.

17. Does your character abuse a member of their family? If so, use this to your advantage.

18. Is your character mentally challenged? Make them walk around like an idiot.

19. If your character is a dark haired flirt in his 20’s, make him flirt with a blonde haired 17 year old girl.

20. On second thought…make him flirt with everyone.

21. If your character is a messy black haired psycho, make him verbally abuse aforementioned blonde haired 17 year old girl.

22. If it’s a mafia or gang role play, start with your character in a meeting.

23. Alternatively, have them kill someone.

24. If the role play is set in a hotel, you can fill up several posts with bog standard hotel stuff, e.g. walking in with your bags, getting your room key, finding your room etc.

25. The same applies for a school role play. Getting your schedule, going to class, getting lost if you’re a new student.

26. If your character is a new student, have them get lost and ask another character for help.

27. “______ walked along the beach. He sighed, bored.”

28. Joining the role play late? Like, a few pages late? Have your character either ‘waking up’ after being zoned out or waking up from being asleep. Then, all you have to put is “…What’sgoingon?”

29. Make your young character abuse someone who is older than him/her.

30. Be all spooky and shiz and talk about the future. Put something like “Little did they know…”

31. Or delve into their tragick abusive past.

32. If this is an apocalypse role play, make your character BAWW about the tragedy of it all.

33. You's trollin'? Then either make an epic reply, or make your fake-Sue baww.

34. Make your character bump into someone else’s.

35. Get your character stuck in a quilt. 'Nuff said.

36. If all else fails, do a Lee. A Lee is where you simply put “-Your character’s name- existed”

Haha, hope you liked our list~

Lol, we were so bored xD

And IDK Claire xD We have Santo, Nicki, Nick, Kyro and Sky... which ones did you think were Ivan?

-weprobablydidbutnehhhh-

Meh, I was too busy raging about the fact that Beth put "relation ship" instead of "relationship" to notice any Ivan references. I noticed several other references, though xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, we were so bored xD
And IDK Claire xD We have Santo, Nicki, Nick, Kyro and Sky... which ones did you think were Ivan?

-weprobablydidbutnehhhh-
12. If your character is insane, you can put literally anything and get away with it.

...You make a good point Claire xD I came up with that one.

This is completely random but... guess who's in Scotland Grace? Insane Charlotte! xD

Haha, this list is amazing guys. :ph34r:

I especially love 11. Poor little Kyro.

Does 15 have a specific reference?

Yeah, it does, Songbird. Me and Ellie xD

And, Tarryn, it was originally Me and Ellie, but it could be you and Phoebe as well xD

Haha, okay. You always did like to point out what a paedophile Brandon was and say how we ruined Gangsters. I apologise for that xD I swear, I'm only like that with Phoebe, I was quite surprised how full on she was.

This is really funny, though. And so true xD

Haha, it's okay with me. Not sure about Grace though xD

Yeah, we got so many references andinside jokes in the list, it's unbeli

Haha, okay. I recognize some of these from roleplaying with you guys on occasion (I'm also appledotango, just fyi XD), but some I'm totally clueless and out of the loop on.

I love these! Surprisingly, I can say I've used some of these! xD

Lol I saw "insane Mary-Sue" and was all "Lol, Svenja" She is such a sue in my opininnbut hey, everyone seems to love her xDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back