I do live in the United States. I would like to suggest an idea for a contest that would help further promote the new highly anticipated TamaTown TamaGo by Tamagotchi®. In this contest, one must create an advertisement of their own to reflect his or her own favorite aspects of this new toy (and the ideas of previous Tamagotchi versions!
). Because Bandai has not yet released an official
commercial for this brand new release, it is up to the Tamagotchi fans to envision, create, and execute one of their own advertisements based solely on his or her own preferences and imagination!
Given that not everyone has the access to a camcorder and/or other equipment for tapping commercials, there will be two formats of entry method
. The first method would be to create a unique commercial video keeping in mind the new Tamagotchi release; the other method of entry would be creating a poster/ad also advertising this Tamagotchi. The rules for this contest, as well as some ideas to get one started, are as follows:OFFICAL RULES FOR
“The Compose your Own TamaTown TamaGo by Tamagotchi® Advertisement”
1. One entry method only must be chosen (video or poster) by the entrant.
2. Entry itself should not include the entrant’s name, age, address, etc… Meaning that the all personal information should only be used to identify whose entry is whose, not for advertising a name.
3. Entry should be family friendly and appropriate for all audiences; no foul language or suggestive themes.
4. Entry must be submitted no later than September 15th via the Private Message system (PM) to the Admin of TamaTalk. Entrant should include his or her entry in the message using a link. Personal information will not be asked until the entrant is notified that they have placed as a prize winner.
5. This contest is open to Tamagotchi fans of all ages from all over the world, so there's no excuse but to enter! Video format
1. Video commercial should not exceed 3 minutes.
2. Video should include the following: a reference to the new TamaTown TamaGo by Tamagotchi® including, but not limited to key information, characters, pictures of designs, catchy slogans, etc…,creative ideas capturing the spirit and purpose of the video: what’s so special about this Tamagotchi? Why should one purchase this product? Why and how is it special to YOU
, the creator of the video?
3. Video can either be videotaped (such as a skit or play) or it can be computer assembled using various software and editing programs.Poster/Ad format
1. Poster should be the standard paper size of 8.5x11 in. Entrant may use the following template: http://i166.photobuc...ve/template.png
2. Poster should include the following: a reference to the new TamaTown TamaGo by Tamagotchi® including, but not limited to key information, characters, pictures of designs, catchy slogans, etc…,creative ideas capturing the spirit and purpose of the poster: what’s so special about this Tamagotchi? Why should one purchase this product? Why and how is it special to YOU
, the creator of the poster?
3. Poster can either
be hand drawn
and then scanned into the computer to use as an entry OR
poster can be computer assembled
using various software and editing programs. WINNERS
The contest will be judged on a number of criteria. Level of detail, overall creativity, uniqueness, dedication of time in creating the entry, level of persuasion and expression, but most importantly, the judges should answer the question: “Would you want to own the TamaTown TamaGo by Tamagotchi®?” with a definite YES!!
There will be TWO
Grand Prize Winners, one will be chosen from the Video Commercial format and the other will be chose from the Poster/Ad format. Additionally, the judges will choose two runner up entries in each format. Winners will be notified via email and will have five days to reply and claim their prize: two newly released TamaTown TamaGo's by Tamagotchi®!
This contest requires all Tamagotchi fans to think out of the box in order to create a memorable entry. Be creative. Be passionate
! Think beyond the mundane advertisement techniques and come up with something new! Don’t be afraid to use color, pictures, voices/dialogue, music, role-play, costumes, and even friends to make the highly anticipated TamaTown TamaGo by Tamagotchi® come to life before one actually gets his or her hands on it!
Best of luck and may the most fanatical advertisement win!
Edited by Tama-Love, 30 July 2010 - 01:15 PM.