Does Tama-Go seem a little simple?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurntSnow

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is BurntSnow posting about the new Tama-Go's simplicity. Music Star aside, it seems to be lacking some things I thought it would have. Maybe it's because I have only had this Tamagotchi for a few hours, but there's no school, toys, etc. Of course, there is the new background option which I love and some awesome Tamagotchis, but there aren't a lot of Tamagotchis to start with (virtual Tamagotchis, not the figures). Does anyone have a little more experience with their Tamagotchi and could tell me if there is something on it I'm not able to see yet? Does anyone else agree that it's a little bland? Personally, what do you like about the Tama-Go?

I guess it's all a matter of perception. I think it might grow on you. I don't have personal experience with the Tama-Go and I'm not even sure if I want to get one, but have you tried looking at this? It's binary's first look at the Tama-Go. It's very detailed: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showtopic=169097. I know you're not looking to find out how it works or anything, knowing that you are already an owner of one, but I thought that maybe looking through some of these posts might give you some insight as to what it's really like, what features it has, what others think of it, etc. It is a lot to sift through, but I found it very helpful. I hope you do too! :lol:

Ah, but of course. Well, I'm assuming you're sending it back to Amazon, right? Won't they notify you when there are more in stock and therefore send you one back once they become available?

Oh, so is it like a cosmetic thing, where there's a crack in the outer screen (or the like) or is it more of like a hardware, inside issue? Did it come like that? If it's possible to enjoy the gameplay (you can still see the screen, press the buttons, etc.) while waiting until more Tama-Gos are in stock, I would definitely say keep it in the meantime. That way, you can enjoy it. :(

I think the TamaGo is a bit bland. I never expected to be so bulky. O_O!

But hey, I just got mine. It may grow on me. xD

But I prefer the older versions. I guess big things come in small packages.

LOL

I just purchased the Tama-Go a few days ago, and have raised my character to the teen stage. Honestly, I feel that, as far as Tamagotchi go, this one is a bit disappointing, and feels like a desperate cash grab from Bandai. I purchased a couple of additional figures for it, but even with these extra unlocked game and shop features, it still lacks the character that the others in my collection seem to possess.

Perhaps it's just the cheapening of the Tamagotchi brand with the introduction of the 'collectible' figurines and the encouragement to purchase axillary accessories just to experience all of the features that the game has to offer. The Tama-Go is very simple, as it has eliminated many of the features such as travel, skill points and education/jobs that were found on earlier versions. It is certainly a letdown after the TMGC+C, that's for sure. I had anticipated a color release for the US.

These downgrades would not necessarily be a bad thing, save for the fact that the shameless consumerism that is associated with the toy only serves to further cheapen it and distance it from the core values of the 'take anywhere' Tamagotchi pet. Taking into account the cash grab, the commercialization and the downgrade of the integral features, the Tama-Go simply does not feel like a true Tamagotchi to this collector. If this is the direction that Bandai will be taking with all of it's future forays into the world of the virtual pet, then I certainly want no part of it.

Disappointed and appalled,

~Marie

I love mine. I've been a Hardcore Tama-Fan since They came out in 97'. Always had it with me when it did have batteries...

This kinda reminds me of something like the v1/v2 tamas. Just in update. Going back for the basics but its upgradable with the figures. Which can always be added to. Which are suppose to keep it entertaining. They could be going with a sort of Littlest Pet Shop figure thing.... Those are still very Popular & Profitable. With the additions in the games/stores in the figures.

It seems bland at first because they needed to make room for all the data inside the Tama-Go. The Tamas are fairly normal. All the games are IN the Tama-Go itself. With the Unlocking, it does make it better. Then with the Room changes inside too... It makes it seem very basic.

But I believe it grows on you. I love it so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my Tamago today, I'll be posting pictures in my blog here https://colorfultamagotchi.blogspot.com/ but I can't say that I'll spend much time with it. Mostly it'll be a part of the Tama 'collection' but the Tamagotchi ID will be my 'play' Tama.

The only thing I like about it is the figures that come with extra games, and the idea that I can collect all these cute figures for more games, and that they'll be selling a ton new figures in the future. I'm OCD and I like collecting cute figures, and the fact that they come with a mini digital game or what not makes it even better.

But I've been spoiled by the Tama Color. This TamaGO is bulky, its screen is ugly and dark, it just seems bad in comparison.

Come on Bandai, you're an uber rich company. You can take a small hit to bring color to us English speaking people. Or in the least make the Tama Color you release in Japan multi-lingual. Seriously this is just such a poor effort (in terms of the digital part, as I said, I like the figures!)

;)

@SailorRosette - I thought only some of the games were in the Tama-go unit itself. Like the pattern shooter, craddles, a coin game and something else.... Or am I wrong?

I just got my Tamago today, I'll be posting pictures in my blog here https://colorfultamagotchi.blogspot.com/ but I can't say that I'll spend much time with it. Mostly it'll be a part of the Tama 'collection' but the Tamagotchi ID will be my 'play' Tama.
The only thing I like about it is the figures that come with extra games, and the idea that I can collect all these cute figures for more games, and that they'll be selling a ton new figures in the future. I'm OCD and I like collecting cute figures, and the fact that they come with a mini digital game or what not makes it even better.

But I've been spoiled by the Tama Color. This TamaGO is bulky, its screen is ugly and dark, it just seems bad in comparison.

Come on Bandai, you're an uber rich company. You can take a small hit to bring color to us English speaking people. Or in the least make the Tama Color you release in Japan multi-lingual. Seriously this is just such a poor effort (in terms of the digital part, as I said, I like the figures!)

:)
Trust me we won't be getting a color anytime soon. Japan overrules bandai America so this is probably the next best thing to the color :/

Well... I could be wrong about them ALL being in there... But obviously they need to be registared in the Tama-Go themselfs.... The game data chips are probably in the figures... to unlock.

Binary did post that some games can be unlocked with Just Wires... Putting certain wires on the reader will unlock them.

But it can be possible they are all inside due to some of the features being a bit reduced....

instead of bandi making the color they should make colored pixels it whould be fair and whont be that expensive :) ;) ;) :( :D :D :D :D 'it is a good idea if bandi made colored pixels instead of a colored screen

I dont think the Tama-go is simple. The rooms give you that custom theme and lets you change them. The Gotchi figure feature makes it way more than simple and there are many characters. I think removing items wasnt a good Idea but I think The new features are better than the items, Toys etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back