Tama-Go Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurntSnow

TamaTalk Supporter
TamaTalk Angelgotchi
Reaction score
Welcome to my log. Right off the bat, let me just tell you I'm not good at making things short, so prepare yourself a cup of very hot coffee.

Table of Contents

Please click Command+F on a Mac or Control+F on a PC if you are too lazy to look for the numerals yourself.

Search Keys|Title

<V>. Screenname Anatomy

<IV>. The Birth and Death of Tamagotchi V3

<III>. The Reincarnation of Tamagotchi

<II>. Haha, I'm Better Than You

<I>. Tama-Go Log

<V>. My screenname, as you all see, is BurntSnow. This is a metaphor I use to imply that I am able to achieve even the impossible if I try. I have gone by this username since I was 9, which was when I first went on forums. Snow is basically just water with very low amounts of heat that has formed a puffy-like structure. Of course, a normal flame could cause it to melt for the regaining of heat. There is a scientific way to burn snow using chemicals, but it's too complex to go into right now (although it does further add to my metaphor of achieving the impossible). Therefore, the mere thought of me trying so many times can eventually cause success encourages me to go further in-depth with a hobby I am currently interested in...Or it could just be a silly name I thought up with my friends when I was little.

<IV>. As a kid, I started off with a V3. I was a 3-year old with serious anger problems. Back then, I was able to convince my parents to buy me all the toys I wanted. Please don't judge me for that, I was a little kid. Anyways, I didn't know a thing about Tamagotchi back then and I thought it was a throw-away-the-instructions thing. After an hour of trying to figure out how to get my Tamagotchi to turn on (remember, I was 3), I started playing with it and could not understand the concept of the game. Strangely enough, my Tama was able to evolve into a Mametchi. Two days later, it died. I was so frustrated, I threw my Tamagotchi at a wall several times and it shattered to a point where it could not be reassembled. I vaguely remember loving the toy for the time being just because of how it was and extremely regret my ignorance as a toddler when I got my first Tamagotchi. Time has kept going, though, and eventually the day came where I would experience the reincarnation of Tamagotchi in my life.

<III>. Around the time I was around 7 years old, I saw a Tamagotchi V4.5 at a Walgreens. The designs looked very pink and girly, but I found one that was pretty cool. My parents bought it and I made sure to read the instructions. Altogether, I loved the concept of a modern-day toy in pixelated black and white as well as the cute little monster-type things that bounced around the screen. My second experience with Tamagotchi, I got Kuchipatchi which is now my favorite character. Due to the fact that I was chubby and barely ever hungry, I barely ever let my Tamagotchi get hungry. Later, I saw the new Familitchi commercial. I started saving up my money, but then my parents got it for me as a surprise gift for my birthday. It was even better than my V4.5. I went very in-depth with the whole family thing and was able to get a Mame-family on the 5th generation. A year or two later, I had fully forgotten about Tamagotchi. I was browsing Toys R Us with my mom when I noticed a "Music Star" Tamagotchi. I got that same feeling I had always gotten from Tamagotchi, and my mom got it for me as a gift. Then, I even got that microphone Tamagotchi game thing because it came with a V4 (or was it 4.5?) that had a special design. It also brought back memories of the (distant) past. Same thing. Loved it, blah blah blah, a year later I forgot. But now I'm back because of the Tama-Go, and I'm sure I'll have this one for a while. I've gathered all my Tamagotchis together (couldn't find the V4 and 4.5) and I've hit Tamagotchis head-on like a bull.

<II>. About 2 weeks ago, I noticed my Music Star lying on my desk. I picked it up and once again started the craze. Last week, after remembering the online world and how great it must have become, I went online and noticed the new Tama-Go. Due to the bulky shape, I assumed it was some type of accessory. I did my research on it and found out it was the latest Tamagotchi. On the site, it said it was coming out in stores during Summer and, well, it's Summer. I called up about 7 different stores and was just so confused about why it was out of stock! Not even realizing how excited I was, I went to Amazon and saw it in stock from Bandai. I added it to my cart and luckily enough, I got an Amazon Gift

Code:
 worth 50 dollars at my birthday party (birthday party was the 22nd, we left to Vegas in the afternoon of the 23rd, my birthday was on the 24th). It fit like a 5x8 picture in a 5x8 frame. By the time we got home, I fell asleep immediately. The next day, I got up, redeemed my Amazon Gift [code], and bought a blue Tama-Go as well as a Kuchipatchi figure and The Tarantula Keeper's Guide. Originally, the items were just being added to Amazon and the only one available was blue. I was worried that it was actually the last one and worked very quickly. Blue is actually my favorite color, but the design was very girly. Then I realized, getting a Kuchipatchi individual figure with it would enable me 2 new games (one of which I have mastered thanks to Music Star). Also, I would be able to have a figure of my favorite character and the additional design was definitely something I would put on my Tama-Go. The Tarantula Keeper's Guide was a book I needed and it spent the exact rest of my money (only pennies to spare). I left for Vegas right after and got the package as a separate delivery from my normal mail on Monday (day after I got back). I was so excited I just ripped the package open concealing the Tama-Go. Ironically, it was smaller than I expected. Recently, I've been having an issue with a hinge being broken, but it has no effect on gameplay and I've been withstanding my perfectionism to take this little flaw as originality on my Tama-Go.
<I>. Oh wait, I forgot. This is a log. Well, I bet you've never seen a log with an introduction like this before!

Tama-Go Log

1:20am: My Mametchi is asleep currently. Stats:

▬▬▬

2yrs

32lbs (yeah, I'm going to get him to lose weight. I've maintained 21 on him for a while and 12 on the teen)

Gen. 1

Hungry♥♥♥♥

Happy ♥♥♥♥♥

Train --------------(14/15)

Friendship ♥♥♥♥♥<(5.5/6)

Characters ○○○ (3)

Mametchi

▬▬▬

I'll update a lot tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay, 20 views! <_< I wonder how many people read my whole intro <_< .

8:10

I woke up to notice that my Tamagotchi was already waiting for me. Since I haven't had to clean a poo right from when he became a Mametchi and he has 14 training bars, Binary is probably correct about potty training without a full training bar. I got his weights down to about 28, but he gained it back after eating.

11:10

Really, there's not a lot so far. A beach background appeared at the remodel shop for 20,000 (I'm hoping to find the 50,000 one), we won a game of Long Jump, and we went to the park. Unfortunately, there was no one else there.

1:30

My Mametchi beeped for attention. I clicked the A button, which brought back the background. I clicked it again and my Mametchi did that cute close-up thing that's usually activated when you click C and nothing is selected. Friendship went up to the max (another half-heart). I call the hearts half because they are grayer then the other hearts. Basically, not a full heart.

As of 5:35

41 lbs

3 years

Gen 1

Yeah, I haven't played a game in a while. Well, just 3 more years and my Tama will get married. Training is now at 100% as well as friendship. Hm, there was one more thing...I GOT A TAMAGOTCHI + COLOR!!! First off, it's not a Hexagonitchi and I did my research. I used my money and got myself one unopened for 54 bucks! It's part of my birthday money from last Thursday. It'll be here next week, most likely Monday. The person is a top-rated buyer and has a 14-day money back guarantee. I'm so happy, I'm exploding! I've wanted this thing for months! I'm going to add the TMGC+C to this Log and probably make up some #&%$ about how Go means portable and how it involves ties about me starting the Tamagotchi craze once again, blah blah blah. That kind of stuff. You and I know by now that these things I do really aren't well-planned.

OOC: Also, for all you readers that know me a bit better, my tarantula spiderling that I bought, according to the person I bought it from, just molted and now has 1" legs. The normal price for that and shipping would be over $70 (it's called Grammastola Pulchra) but I only had to pay $51. I can't wait!

10:05pm

I accidentally dropped my Tama-Go just now and the screen went blank. I pushed the reset button with a pen. Then, an egg popped up. I clicked the B button and it had two options-

Download

Reset

I clicked download and got my Mametchi back. Thus, the new Tama-Go has the same download/reset option as the other Tamagotchis. I feel like I made an achievement :furawatchi: . Unfortunately, my Tama's awake now (for the 2nd accidental time). I feel so bad for him! I also feel bad that he's 43 pounds now.

1:05am

I feel so screwed up. First off, I was 5 when I got my first Tama. Don't know why I said 3. Second, I think it was a V2. It was a long time ago, so everything is pretty vague. If anyone has any information as to which Tamagotchi it was most likely (it was the newest one, and since I was 5 it was in 2003-2004), please contact me ASAP.

1:15am

Hello!:)Your eBay item has been shipped.

Hi rmar9500,

Hello! :mellow:

Thank you for purchasing the commodity!!\(o^0^o)/

And,Thank you for immediately paying!!

The commodity was sent out!!

[AIR+Registered mail / (Fri)30.7.2010 / PM13:43]

[Registered number : RR828145948JP]

**Luggage can be pursued here**

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/english/index.html

https://www.usps.com/shipping/trackandconfi...trackandconfirm

The arrival schedule of the commodity is about 6~12 days usually.

Please wait even for the arrival for a while!!m(_ _)m

Safely, please contact from feedback me when the commodity reaches!!

Thank you indeed for this time!!

Many gratitude!! Arigatou gozaimasu!!!

Next time, I will wait!!(*^-')b

Best regards,,,

please spend a happy time~!!

Thank you very much again!! Arigatou gozaimasu!!

Thank you cheer~!!

From.maido(*^-^ )/

Ah, crazed Japanese Tama-fans. They make even the dullest messages seem exhilarating, even at 1 o' clock AM. Well, now I just need to wait 6-12 days.

Hey everyone, wanna track my package? Go here and copy & paste this code to see it-RR828145948JP.

75 views! Thank you everybody for reading my log.

Up until now, absolutely nothing has happened.

One thing I want to say is that the Tama-Go does sound a bit different. It sounds like really loud speakers inside a closed oyster rather than the normal Tamas. It's hard to explain. Like, the sound difference is noticeable, but there's nothing big about it.

-----Original Message-----From: ********@***.***

Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 7:51 PM

To: Bandai Customer Service

Subject: Bandai.com Contact Form: Tamagotchi

Hello Bandai,

I have been hearing that your promotions/commercials/etc. are mostly directed at girl tweens who already own Tamagotchis. I have recently turned 12 and I'm crazy about Tamagotchis, and so are a lot of others. I even got a Tama-Go for my birthday (which is by far the best Tamagotchi yet). I just suggest that perhaps you should direct your advertisements towards people that generally know little about Tamagotchi and able to reach both genders. Thanks for reading.

-Roey
Roey:

We apologize for the disappointment you have experienced with the Tamagotchi advertising. We appreciate all our fans regardless of age or gender.

Sometimes retailers may be providing shelf space in certain areas of their stores and we might accordingly be advertising for that demographic.

We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We will share your comments with upper management for their future consideration.

Bandai America hopes you had a great birthday!

Thank you,

Customer Service

Bandai America

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Label/Receipt Number: RR82 8145 948J P

Service(s): Registered Mail™

Your item left OSAKA INT, JAPAN on July 31, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

Foreign International Dispatch, July 31, 2010, 1:18 am, OSAKA INT, JAPAN

Foreign Arrival at Outward Office, July 30, 2010, 10:45 pm, OSAKA INT, JAPAN

Foreign Acceptance, July 30, 2010, 1:45 pm, JAPAN

6:30

Attention beep, took a shower.

By the way, I go by PST. Right now is 6:45, so try to see the difference between my time on this post and what time it actually is here.

7:30

Attention beep. Did a close-up.

*yawn*

7:30

Attention beep. Close-up. Blah blah. Blah.

As you can see, the Tama-Go is very low maintenance. There are some cool little effects but it seems that mostly this toy is for the additional games. I think the Tamagotchi Plus Color will be a lot more fun when it arrives.

Foreign International Dispatch, July 31, 2010, 1:18 am, OSAKA INT, JAPAN

Foreign Arrival at Outward Office, July 30, 2010, 10:45 pm, OSAKA INT, JAPAN

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Foreign Acceptance, July 30, 2010, 1:45 pm, JAPAN

There are 4 bullet points now, but I can't find out what was added.

12:45

NO, NO, NO, NO, NOOOO!!! Finally, at year 6, the dating place was unlocked. I had the option to marry Lovelitchi but (I'm a clutz) I accidentally dropped it and it pushed the confirm (-B-) button for No. Before that was the ugly Tamagotchis-Marotchi and Uwasotchi. From that point on, it's all been Otokitchi. 30 visits of Otokitchi. I would think she'd give up by now! Well, Mametchi's almost gone, on a side note. I'm going to get him married (not with Otokitchi, of course).

Latest posts

Back