- - - - -

Tama-go (watch out!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Tamafan777

• tamafan777 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:44 AM ( #1 )

Age Counter Glitch
One slightly unnerving issue has come up with the TMGO: the age counter. Changing the time on the clock screen will reset the internal age counter back to where it was from the beginning of the day, and connecting the toy to TamaTown.com for an extended period of time freezes the counter. In both cases, the age number remains the same while the Tamagotchi itself continues to age.

While this doesn't affect the Tamagotchi's growth, it prevents the "Dating Place" from appearing when the Tamagotchi reaches adulthood. Typically, a Tamagotchi adult is ready to marry after 72 hours, or 3 years on the age counter. But with the age counter frozen, the Tamagotchi will have to wait longer to marry, and risk evolving into Ojitchi or Otokitchi.

Quote from http://www.familitchi.blogspot.com/

I don't like the age counter glitch part.

Replies

Views

Started

30 Jul 2010

Last Post

09 Nov 2010

mooseman24

• mooseman24 user photo

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:20 PM ( #2 )

Thats interesting

Alicefly

• alicefly user photo

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:04 PM ( #3 )

Is there no end to the shoddiness of the Tama-Go?! >_<

booboo1

• booboo1 user photo

Posted 05 November 2010 - 08:19 PM ( #4 )

Do you think they'll be able to fix the new Tama-go's coming out by Christmas? Because hopefully by the time I get my tama-go(If I do) Bandai will have fixed the new Tama-gos coming out.

PretzelNymph

• pretzelnymph user photo

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:42 AM ( #5 )

I pause mine and change the clock EVERY DAY and I have never had this problem. I would not worry about it. Also, on the Tama-go the date place comes when your Tama is six years old. That's the normal time for it to come.

Alicefly

• alicefly user photo

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:56 AM ( #6 )

Do you think they'll be able to fix the new Tama-go's coming out by Christmas? Because hopefully by the time I get my tama-go(If I do) Bandai will have fixed the new Tama-gos coming out.

What do you mean by 'new Tama-Go's coming out'? This is the only one that will be out by this Chritmas :(

booboo1

• booboo1 user photo

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:55 PM ( #7 )

I mean the kind of "new batch" of Tama-go's coming.
Like if Bandai realizes the problem and fixes it with the next batch of tama-gos coming out.

Alicefly

• alicefly user photo

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:46 PM ( #8 )

I mean the kind of "new batch" of Tama-go's coming.
Like if Bandai realizes the problem and fixes it with the next batch of tama-gos coming out.

It would be expensive for them to change the programming now, because they would have to effectively start a new production line just to fix this one error. I doubt they would do this (in the past they have released entirely new versions to rememdy the shortcomings of older ones; V4-4.5 for example), and even if they did do this, Christmas would, I imagine, be too short a deadline.

booboo1

• booboo1 user photo

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:03 PM ( #9 )

Ah, I see what you mean.
But what about the waves coming out? Didn't they fix some glitches with other Tamagotchi's in the next wave?
Well at least we should be thankful that we actually get a new tamagotchi. It's just a little glitch, better than not getting anything at all.

Alicefly

• alicefly user photo

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:42 PM ( #10 )

It is only a little glitch, like you said :)

Besides, if you're raising your pet like a good owner, you wouldn't be cheating by changing the clock anyway ;) Tut tut XD

lol

YellowTamagotchi

• yellowtamagotchi user photo

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:29 AM ( #11 )

My Kuromametchi is turning 6 years today, that means it will turn into an oldie?!?! :o :huh: :(

Edited by YellowTamagotchi, 09 November 2010 - 06:29 AM.

YellowTamagotchi

• yellowtamagotchi user photo

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:32 AM ( #12 )

I pause mine and change the clock EVERY DAY and I have never had this problem. I would not worry about it. Also, on the Tama-go the date place comes when your Tama is six years old. That's the normal time for it to come.

Oh, thanks for the info. I was about to freak out. Because I always wanted to care for an oldie, but i plan to do that when my generation is the 99th. Its going to take long.