Fakes are kinda cool

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LenorePoe

Reaction score
I've owned fakes and immitations in the past, and imo they're kinda cool and quirky. Anyone else agree? disagree?

Long as you didnt spend too much.

I always liked the off brand ones when they were just hitting shelves in 97. They were always about a 3rd of the price as Tamas too, being about $10-15.

I liked ones like Pocket Chicken and Chicknoch, they had a certain charm.

you say what know you like them the fakes are pathetic i bought one and it broke once i opended it :huh: sorry for being rude though :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Fakes aren't good at all. They are poorly made bootlegs claiming to be the real thing. It's a scam.

The variety of EPGs (electronic pet games), however, can be pretty neat. Some of them are interesting.

I don't think they're intending to scam. They just want money, and they don't actually claim to be a Tamagotchi all the time. It should be illegal to use Tamagotchi in its name anyway, copyright infringement, especially using their characters. I think JiDan has does that though, Bandai has the right to sue them :/

There's many different fakes, so some of them can be even better than normal Tamagothis!

I have fakes what has poor graphics, but better sounds than tamagotchis.

Ahhhhh. Fakes. I HATE FAKES.

In Grade 2 or something a rumor went around that in the nearby Dollar Store there were V3s for 2 dollars. Being me, I got so excited, so I got my dad to bring me there. They were DINKIE DINOS. This is what the ones I got look like. They beep constantly, they would never go to sleep, so they'd wake you up every night. I really didn't like them.

...I got three, while everyone else had funky V3's. Luckily I got a V3 that Christmas. :kusatchi:

EDIT: Added picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they're intending to scam. They just want money, and they don't actually claim to be a Tamagotchi all the time. It should be illegal to use Tamagotchi in its name anyway, copyright infringement, especially using their characters. I think JiDan has does that though, Bandai has the right to sue them :/
No, a "fake" is exactly that. An inferior unlicensed product claiming to be the real thing.

If the toy is intended to resemble a Tamagotchi shape/design, the packaging has Tamagotchi (or Tamagotchi-like) characters, and it is calling itself "Tamagotchi" or any other badly spelled variation... Then it is a bootleg, a fake.

They want to make money from unsuspecting buyers who believe their product to be genuine, but it isn't, it's a cheap forgery. It is a scam, and they intend it. It is illegal.

If it is not claiming (either by name, packaging or design) to be an existing licensed product, then it is just another EPG (electronic pet game). And those are completely fine, and sometimes are even pretty fun toys.

I hate fakes. If I slam it onto the table too hard, it restarts.

That drives me bonkers. (*`へ´*)

Aren't those things that die if you leave them for like 20 minutes and you have to keep resetting them fakes or just phoney EPGS or both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back