Tamagotchis' Discontinued in UK (Proof)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holltchi

Reaction score
https://hollyutau05.deviantart.com/#/d2x5go4

^

This is what they say in the picture (^But proof is in the URL Above^)

Dear Holly, Thank you for your email yes the Tamagotchi has recently been discontinued in the UK and so therefore there are no plans to bring in any new versions for the foreseeable future. However you will continue to see the current ranges in most toy stores until they sell out. Kindest Regards Bandai UK Ltd

It will continue in Sweden, right? :D

Or is it the whole Europe? It would be wierd if it was only the UK.

Sad news, but in Italy they're discontinued after the V5 release. No V5.5 and no Music Star here.

I hate to say this, but we can say Goodbye to tamas :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I found out about this months ago.

I don't think anyone should worry too much. There is a high chance that they will come back.

Just look at say, Big Brother. Because the viewers dropped, they decided to stop making it. But, after this year's high amount of views, there is rumours that it might come back. All this attention over tamagotchi now that it has been discontinued could bring it back!

I went to lots of stores today to get the new Tama-Go, but all of them said they have stopped importing them, so I think Sweden stopped selling tamas too. :rolleyes:

Just because a few stores say they've stopped importing them doesn't mean it's permanent and you certainly can't assume that since one region of the country isn't importing them that the ENTIRE country (or any other European country, besides the UK and possibly Italy, apparently) is doing the same. Like another poster stated above, no one really knows for sure except for the companies themselves.

and you certainly can't assume that since one region of the country isn't importing them that the ENTIRE country
I can!! Because they called the main inventory, and they said they were not going to import more tama products.. :angry:

Same in the other 2 stores, and there are only 3 stores in Sweden that sells tamas.

There is a fourth little store thought that sells overprice tamas thogh.. Let's hope they'll get it.

I can!! Because they called the main inventory, and they said they were not going to import more tama products.. :huh: Same in the other 2 stores, and there are only 3 stores in Sweden that sells tamas.

There is a fourth little store thought that sells overprice tamas thogh.. Let's hope they'll get it.
Try buing them from ebay. I live in Sweden too, but I'll continue to buy tamas online anyway!! :angry:

Du förstår det här va? Det känns väldigt konstigt att skriva på svenska här, jag har likssom vant mig vid engelska! :angry:

Try buing them from ebay. I live in Sweden too, but I'll continue to buy tamas online anyway!! :)
Du förstår det här va? Det känns väldigt konstigt att skriva på svenska här, jag har likssom vant mig vid engelska! :(
Såklart jag förstår! :p Skönt med en Svensk.. :)

Problemet är ju att det är så mycket dyrare på eBay. :)

(I will only answer in Swedish because other people wouldn't care about what I wrote here :p )

I've not been on here for around a year or something, I didn't realise we'd get no more Tamas until I read this =(

Just for pure convenience it was nice to buy them in a toy shop (well, and playing with the toys - just because I'm in my 20s doesn't mean I can't :D ) and walk out with the new product.

I guess we'll have to stick with paying slightly more online now =(

What a bummer.

i agree. that is RIDICULES!!! you (in uk ) ALL should send bandai a complaint forum!!! RIDICULES!!!

I honestly can't say I'm surprised by this news. I went to buy a V6 a few weeks ago, and I discovered that Toys 'R' Us were selling them for £4.82 each. Needless to say, I bought five different designs, and a reduced-price V3.

Having been out of the Tamagotchi loop for some years, I don't ever recall seeing a V4, V4.5 or V5 in any British store, and Tamagotchi doesn't get much publicity here, so I guess they're retiring the brand until something massively significant is released.

I'll stick to eBay, and I'll most certainly be getting an English Tama-Go when payday rolls around. Thank heavens for the internet!

I live in the UK too. I very upset that we don't get the Tama-Go.

Hopefully Bandai will reconsider.

i live in uk but the uk tamas were stupid anyway two MSs a broke V4 and a V1 V4 is better using the entama or uratama V1 are old MSs were the worst ones yet so i will never buy a new one TAMA-GO they not even here and dont get me started on my opinion can be swiped off my list for an ID i have akai which in a way replaces V3 and color hexagon (IT OVER RULES ALL :D (other than ID))

but still nonetheless i order tamas from eBay so much *scrolls on eBay*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back