NaNoWriMo

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sallylove

Reaction score
are you going to try this year's NaNoWriMo? i want to. even if i don't make it, i want to try. do any of you tamatalkers want to try the NaNo?

Gaspeth? That's a new one . . . lol

Anywho, no I am not going to try NaNoWriMo because I do not know what that is. Something to do with writing I assume. That should be obvious. lD

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, I do it all the time :unsure: For those wondering, NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. You can check out the website here. I definitely recommend trying if you are into writing short stories and wish to progress more with your writing.

I did it last year and I won - definitely going for it again this year! :unsure:

Humm. I write sometimes but when I get to a really good part in writing.... I just get serious writers block. Then I forget about the writing until a yea or to later....

But I would love to see what other write about.

my idea for my novel is about a boy named leslie. a series of something called "quakings" is going on, where the sky begins to fall down, crushing the people beneath. it seems as if there is nowhere to hide... and leslie just might have a solution, but it will take courage and the knowledge of what is right... and what is not.

my idea for my novel is about a boy named leslie. a series of something called "quakings" is going on, where the sky begins to fall down, crushing the people beneath. it seems as if there is nowhere to hide... and leslie just might have a solution, but it will take courage and the knowledge of what is right... and what is not.
That sounds beautiful ! ^.^

Know what, if you've already gotten to work on it, why don't you type it up on TT for us to see?

Maybe we can give you tips on how to make your story / novel even better. 8D

I really want to try it this year. I need to brainstorm ideas though.

My problem with NaNoWriMo is that I have ideas, I just can't think of characters.

This year I am participating for the first time. The story idea I have down, just hoping that the characters take it off in the direction I want it to go. ;)

I'd love to do NaNoWriMo this year, I heard of it last year but didn't start early enough.

Problem is, I don't have ideas. They never seem to progress or have to much relation to something already in existence.

and @ SallyLove that idea sounds wonderful, good luck

I've figured out my plot for NaNoWriMo.

A rich family is getting together for their monthly meeting to discuss their finances. It turns out that many of the members have turned for the worse; one son has turned abusive and takes his rage out on his wife and son, another one has taken up a drug addiction, one of the daughters has become obsessed with herself, ect. On day three, the head of the family is found dead, and the house goes into 'lockdown', no member allowed to leave. Slowly, they are being killed off one by one, and they realize one of their relatives is doing the killing, probably because of their 'sins' and mistakes, so they are being 'fixed' by being killed off.

I've figured out my plot for NaNoWriMo.

A rich family is getting together for their monthly meeting to discuss their finances. It turns out that many of the members have turned for the worse; one son has turned abusive and takes his rage out on his wife and son, another one has taken up a drug addiction, one of the daughters has become obsessed with herself, ect. On day three, the head of the family is found dead, and the house goes into 'lockdown', no member allowed to leave. Slowly, they are being killed off one by one, and they realize one of their relatives is doing the killing, probably because of their 'sins' and mistakes, so they are being 'fixed' by being killed off.
That's a really good idea. With you writing it, we all know it's going to turn out amazingly. Good luck writing!

Oh, dear. I'm a terrible writer. xD Though a certain someone might say otherwise >:3

NaNoWriMo started yesterday. How is everybody doing?

✏ How many words did you write today?

Yesterday I got in about... 1800 words. My goal is 50,000, by the way.

✏ Was it a story or short story you worked on? If you want, can you share the name of it?

Storyyyyy! The name is Patzer's Game.

✏ Did you procrastinate while writing/typing?

Once you have tumblr, you procrastinate all the time.

✏ Did you write your words today in a notebook or did you type them out?

I have my plan in my notebook, but I type everything out. If I get ideas I just jot them down, more easier.

✏ Is the amount of words you wrote today was your goal for the day?

Yup! My goal was 1500 words.

✏ Did you reward yourself to anything for reaching your goal today?

Not really. I don't reward myself. But I did get overly happy when I finished my plan.

✏ If you didn't make it to your minimal goal today, will you be able to catch up?

n/a

✏ Other?

Nothing, really. By the way, anyone is allowed to use this little template if they want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back