Photo
- - - - -

Bandai giving away free Tama-Gos!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kitty83

• kitty83 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:49 PM ( #21 )

lol my cousin lives in NYC lol if i knew they would them away for free i would of asked him to buy it for me and then come back here for a visit and give it to me lol. dang i should of thought of that.

Nazotchi25

• nazotchi25 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:06 AM ( #22 )

Dude lucky i wish Fredricton (capital of New Brunswick,Canada) had events like that but people in Fredricton don't respect tamas like they use to ^_^

auditama

• auditama user photo

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:22 PM ( #23 )

Thats so cool! Did anyone go? I would have gone but I don't live in the States... :furawatchi:

Alicefly

• alicefly user photo

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:28 AM ( #24 )

Naww, why don't they ever do things like this in the UK? :P

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:26 PM ( #25 )

Because people are losing intrest apparently...

Seriously though... Did anyone go? Anyone have a chance to go?

Edited by SailorRosette, 30 September 2010 - 05:27 PM.

_mamatchi_

• mamatchi user photo

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:24 AM ( #26 )

I was on the Tamagotchi website and saw that there was a Tama-Go event today at 200 Toys R Us stores! :) If you can't make it there today,it will also be on October 9th! This is for the US only and it starts at 2PM and ends at 4PM.

During the first and second Saturdays in October, Bandai will host in-store "Demo Days" at 200 select participating Toys "R" Us locations nationwide. Tamagotchi fans can look forward to special product demonstrations, TamaTown videos at select locations and the chance to win limited edition Tama prizes. Visit your local Toys "R" Us for more information or go to www.bandai.com to find a list of participating store locations.

Limited edition Tama prizes? I hope they have Japanese merchandise like the Ichiban Kuji (Japan lottery) prizes and Japanese Tamas like the Tamagotchi iD!

My parents have to go to a Bar Mitzvah near NYC (I'm in Long Island,NY) so my aunt who is babysitting me is going to take me to this event!

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:05 PM ( #27 )

I think the "limited-edition" prizes are the diamond-encrusted Tama-Go's and Gotchi-Figures that are also being given away on the Tamagotchi site. I missed it this Saturday, partly because I didn't know of it until it was too late anyhow, but I hope I can go the next Saturday! :furawatchi:

SailorRosette

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:16 PM ( #28 )

Anyone happen to have a random list of where they will be doing this? I'm not that great at gathering info and yet to find where this is actually posted. Lol.

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:19 PM ( #29 )

Anyone happen to have a random list of where they will be doing this? I'm not that great at gathering info and yet to find where this is actually posted. Lol.

Yup, it's right HERE.

SailorRosette

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:41 PM ( #30 )

Yup, it's right HERE.

Thank you! None near me as far as I see... Boo. 4 places in Michigan and none are close enough.... Oh well.

Whom ever goes... Take pictures...? :P

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 07 October 2010 - 03:54 PM ( #31 )

I saw the online sweepstakes rules, and the sweepsakes dosen't end until the 28th of November! Isn't that quite a while for the online sweepstakes, especially when the second (and last) in-store Demo Day is this Saturday?

OldSchoolTama

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:02 AM ( #32 )

I saw the online sweepstakes rules, and the sweepsakes dosen't end until the 28th of November! Isn't that quite a while for the online sweepstakes, especially when the second (and last) in-store Demo Day is this Saturday?

This is my understanding of the prize distribution: there are 400 of what are called "first" prizes and those are given out at all 200 stores on each demo day (via drawing, most likely). The first prize consists of only the Swarovski crystal-encrusted Tama-Go. The "grand" prize is the Tama-Go, plus figurines, plus case, plus a $500 Toys 'R' Us gift card and entries for that can be made online or by mail between October 2 (the first demo day) and November 28th, by which time, the drawing will probably be made for the grand prize. I'm assuming the drawings will be made for the "runner-up" prizes then as well. I think the "sweepstakes" part of the whole thing refers to the online entry/drawing part of it. The demo days are like an added extension, coinciding with the sweepstakes period to promote the Tama-Go.

KuroMametchi

• kuromametchi user photo

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:18 PM ( #33 )

kl

tamame20

• tamame20 user photo

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:01 AM ( #34 )

I will be going. i will be takeing pictures and making videos

OldSchoolTama

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:16 AM ( #35 )

I will be going as well. :)

tamakisser

• tamakisser user photo

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:18 PM ( #36 )

I went and took some pics! thought that you all might like to see how my store had it set up.

http://img.photobuck...er_8852/1-3.jpg

http://img.photobuck...er_8852/2-1.jpg

http://img.photobuck...over_8852/3.jpg

http://img.photobuck...over_8852/6.jpg

I have about 6 coupon sheets too. They seem to be good not only at ToysRus but where these tamas are offered, but not use able online. Plus no trying to print them out guys that won't work ;) plus the barcode is on the back.

All in all it wasn't as special as the music one. I still got a figure as a giveaway which was sweet. The tama was the blue one and not as sparkly as the ones shown on the site. I still thought it was pretty nice though. I can't wait to see what the other stores looked like if there were similar at all too.

Oh yeah I asked about the banner.......no luck they have to send it back to Bandai :( I really loved it too!

(TM Edit: fixed your links for you)

Edited by TamaMum, 10 October 2010 - 12:34 PM.

tamame20

• tamame20 user photo

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:33 PM ( #37 )

hey guys just got back! and guess what! at my tru i won the blinged out tamago its the wight one now i just haft to edit my video
  • tamastar133 likes this

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:31 PM ( #38 )

I wish my TRU held the event, especially since all of you guys are winning things (I wouldn't imagine the events would be anything close to crowded, anyhow).

tamakisser

• tamakisser user photo

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:43 PM ( #39 )

@AstromenÝ Yes the last two I've been too were not crowded at all. Tamagotchi just isn't as popular lol
the commercial is on while I type this! :(

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:07 PM ( #40 )

Well, like I was suggesting, it does mean that it would probably be easy for us to win prizes!

†