Photo
- - - - -

Which tama should we use for our logo?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:06 AM ( #1 )

So one of the things we have had for years here at TamaTalk is the tama in our logo. This tama was expanded to include a few different choices for color schemes and patterns. I am talking about this tama.

One thing people always say is that the tama needs to be updated to a more recent version. I'd like to open this up to see what you all think it needs to be changed. If you think it needs to be changed then please find a picture of the tama model, version and color you think would be cool to use and link to it. Please keep in mind that this might involve a color change for the site. For right now I am only going to be able to do one skin so please keep the ideas of many models and color schemes out of this topic!

So please reply with answers to these questions:

1) Do you think the tama in the logo and colors should change for the upgrade?

2) If you think it should change, then link to a picture of the tama model, version and color you think would be best to use instead.

Replies

Views

Started

24 Sep 2010

Last Post

12 Oct 2010

Tama_dude2010

• tama-dude2010 user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:21 AM ( #2 )

I already sent you my Skins. :) ( http://i738.photobuc...ustom1TTtop.png ) and ( http://i738.photobuc...ustom1tile.png) Well I think you could use my Blue V3 If you liked: http://i738.photobuc...mycamera057.jpg And I think we should be able to have maybe a bit more choice on the character in the Tamagotchi? Im happy to help. :lol: And I think we should have newer Designs as these are from the V1, V2 etc. Oh and I also have a red Music star and a Black and gold V5 if you want a picture of those to. I could do skins with them to If you like. Maybe we should keep this topic open for a long while so we can get loads of skins Idea's in! :D I'll be back with more. Hope you like my skin Idea. :)

Edited by Tama_dude2010, 24 September 2010 - 11:23 AM.

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:56 AM ( #3 )

Right now I want to focus on the tama itself and not the characters in the middle display part... :lol:

But, yes, more ideas would be great! And you can just find pictures online of the specific version/color... No need to put time into making them look a certain way just yet. :D

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:03 PM ( #4 )

I'm a simple gal and as long as one of the main skins is blue, I'll be happy! :lol: To be honest, I like the way the logo and colors look presently, but if you were to modernize it, I personally would prefer it if the model wasn't updated to something with a clunky antenna (V4, V4.5, V5). I'm sure anything you make will look fine anyway.

tamame20

• tamame20 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:33 PM ( #5 )

I like the blue layout thing i think its verry simple but pretty. but i dont know the blue tamago maybe also i think kutchipatchi should be the one in the screen and if not we should just stick with mimitchi :lol:

Tama_dude2010

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:49 PM ( #6 )

Tamame20 Im afraid I disagree:

The blue Tamago is the 'girly' design so It would be unpleasent for boys to have to have a girly skin. *shiver*
And Im afraid I dont like Kuchipatchi that much. Only his side view. If We had a choice It would be good but Im not sure I want a Kuchipatchi on TamaTalk all the time.

Not to be rude or anything. :lol:

tamame20

• tamame20 user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:12 PM ( #7 )

Tamame20 Im afraid I disagree:

The blue Tamago is the 'girly' design so It would be unpleasent for boys to have to have a girly skin. *shiver*
And Im afraid I dont like Kuchipatchi that much. Only his side view. If We had a choice It would be good but Im not sure I want a Kuchipatchi on TamaTalk all the time.

Not to be rude or anything. :lol:

oh i supose you are right. sorry lol :D

Tama_dude2010

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:21 PM ( #8 )

*shudder* Imagine that! Logging onto Tamatalk and theres a new announcment! TT is back and pretty in pink! I would faint at all the pink. :lol: lol

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:43 PM ( #9 )

lol

These are all great comments so thank you.

So I guess another question to ask is if the current one is good to keep for old times sake.

Tama_dude2010

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:50 PM ( #10 )

Would we be able to change the skin? I would like new skins but I dont want to get rid of the Current skins. I like the red one.

_mamatchi_

• mamatchi user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:11 PM ( #11 )

You should use this skin and Lovelitchi, since she's a fan favorite!

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:14 PM ( #12 )

Would we be able to change the skin? I would like new skins but I dont want to get rid of the Current skins. I like the red one.

Well we can't keep the current skins exactly as they are now... I can make the new software's skinlook more like the current one if we want. The issue right now is I can only do one skin at first so I need to pick one. That is why I am asking for input from the community. :wacko:

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:35 PM ( #13 )

When you were asking members about the upgrade lots of posts were made saying they liked the look of the current forums and didn't feel comfortable with change.

Skins take time to create. It seems like many members would like to see TamaTalk upgraded but looking a lot like the current Classic layout and colours - for now at least.

Once the upgrade is complete then the members could have a choice of new skins / looks but for now I think you should stick with the forums looking as much like the familiar TamaTalk as possible.... (except I would vote for a V1 tama shell design - no antenna and Classic Blue appearance during the initial weeks of the upgrade :wacko:)

Admin

• admin user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:44 PM ( #14 )

I'm up for trying to make it look like what we have now... That would, in fact, make it a little easier to work towards trying to keep the same colors and buttons and stuff. I'm open for suggestion though in case enough people want an updated tama up at the top. We would have to decide on one of the designs though... The classic blue is the most popular (and my personal favorite too :wacko:) which is part of why it has stayed for so long. The upgrade "forced" new skinning work so I figured I'd open it up to change if people wanted it.

This is great... Thank you all for your input. It is helping me through this whole process. Please keep the comments coming!

.:M@TT:.

• mtt user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:45 PM ( #15 )

I think it should rotate for character to character.

jakecracking

• jakecracking user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:16 PM ( #16 )

) Do you think the tama in the logo and colors should change for the upgrade

. yes

2) If you think it should change, then link to a picture of the tama model, version and color you think would be best to use instead.

how about the skins and the tamagotchi character changes depending on karma, like with blank karma its a baby but the higher the karma the more good options to change it to there are! but the lower the more bad forms, kinda like the music star growth chart, and admins get the rare ones! (and the angelotchis too, maybe) the higher the karma the higher the profile goodies!

heres an example

karma 0+ dorotchi, onputchi
karma 1+ ;) , :wacko:
karma 2+ togetchi, makio
karma 3+ shimashimatchi, :)
karma 4+ kuromametchi, chantotchi
karma 5+ :o, :o
karma 6+ dreamitchi, dazzelitchi

could also be gender of member afected (like girl characters go to females, boy characters to male users)

if its a guest (not a member) it could be :),

if your karma is minus i could be,
karma-1 androtchi, maiditchi
karma-2 taracotchi, sebritchi
karma-3 gozarutchi, maskitchi
karma-4 tosakatchi, kunotchi
karma-5&6 im not sure.....

if you have been a member for 3 years you can be an oldie! (if karma is minus it is rexitchi, dangoobatchi if plus its ojitchi, otokitchi) and admin you can have kikitchi!!!! (to match avatar!)

as for skins im not sure, maybe something like, the higher the karma the rarer the skin (for angelotchis, admins and karma +6 it could be golden tamagotchi!!!)

thats all i can think of!

Lexi~Gotchi

• lexigotchi user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:18 PM ( #17 )

I think an updated tama would be A GREAT IDEA! ^.^

I think something really nice would either be a Yellow with Blue on it and A Gozuratchi mascot?

black candy

• black-candy user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:20 PM ( #18 )

I choose a standard V1, it's the first tama and now one of the vintage ones :wacko: it's perfect for a tama-logo

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:42 PM ( #19 )

I personally like it.

Maybe have a v1/v2 or one without an antenna. Change the basic color or atleast update the inner image. Keep the characters, just updating the images...

kuromametchifan123

• kuromametchifan123 user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:15 PM ( #20 )

i think we should use Kuromametchi as our new tama! :D