Photo
- - - - -

Which tama should we use for our logo?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kuromametchifan123

• kuromametchifan123 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:08 PM ( #21 )

kuromametchi on the logo inside a tamagotchi id would be cool! :D :)

MintyDreams7

• mintydreams7 user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:15 PM ( #22 )

I like the colour scheme the way it is. Blue is a nice neutral colour.

As for changing the Tamagotchi logo... perhaps something resembling a vintage/V1 shell? Something that would represent all Tamagotchis over the years. :D
As for the character... Mimitchi, Mametchi or Kuchipatchi get my vote. They are classic characters that I think all Tamagotchi fans are familiar with.

Edited by MintyDreams7, 24 September 2010 - 08:15 PM.

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:01 PM ( #23 )

CLICK HERE (Everything I'm referring to is in this picture)

I think that maybe "Kandentchi", the battery-shaped Tama from the "Low Battery" screen in the +C, could be a suitable replacement for Mimitchi. Kandentchi was created as an entry for a character contest in Japan, so he/she could represent the "fans" aspect. Since Kandentchi is supposed to be a battery, that could represent the possible mobile website, along with the fact that this is online and electronically-powered. Plus, although Kandentchi is pretty obscure, this could be an opportunity for the character to finally get some use (sorta like having an original character, but still a Tama; we'd have to contact Bandai about using it for merchandise or anything, though).

I also have some ideas for new site layouts or rebrands. The first would be a more modern and clearer banner, though still with the iconic "Tama-Egg" (Several variations, mostly with text position). I used various fonts to make a mockup for the "Tamatalk" (how it would be spelled) text. The second idea is for a Tamagotchi unit bouncing or moving into a spot in the banner (not actually moving, of course), with a trail left behind. Out of the Tama's screen would be a leaping Tamagotchi character (Tama-color, background, trail, and character could be different with each layout).

Sorry if I don't seem clear, and for this long, overambitious post, but do you like my ideas?

mew0099

• mew0099 user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:17 PM ( #24 )

It's fine as is, but needs a bit of polishing up. You could have it be a different version of Tamagotchi, and instead of Mimitchi you could have real sprites from that Tamagotchi version that change each hour according to the time.

RedRiot

• redriot user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:21 PM ( #25 )

I think that the header should change tama's every time a new english version one comes out (like, currently the Tamago should be there).
I'm not sure about colouring, but something that would be uni-sex
ie. Not Pink but some colour that appeals to both genders.

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:31 PM ( #26 )

As for the character... Mimitchi, Mametchi or Kuchipatchi get my vote. They are classic characters that I think all Tamagotchi fans are familiar with.

I second this. :furawatchi: These guys are pretty much universal in the Tamagotchi world.

Asiangotchi

• asiangotchi user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:40 PM ( #27 )

Simply, Mametchi, since he's being used to promote Tamagotchi, mostly, and also, he's the main character anyway. Unless, we're looking to be more creative.
Well, the colors, hm.. I dunno, are we gonna the Tama-Go colors? If so, then maybe we could have different skins, just with a plain color though.

Lexi~Gotchi

• lexigotchi user photo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:44 PM ( #28 )

And yes, a v1 or v2 tama.

OldSchoolTama

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:43 AM ( #29 )

Well, the colors, hm.. I dunno, are we gonna the Tama-Go colors? If so, then maybe we could have different skins, just with a plain color though.

I tend to favor solid colors as well, nothing too flashy. As long as it's Tama-fied. :furawatchi:

Holltchi

• holltchi user photo

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:15 AM ( #30 )

I love it how it is! But maybe for the shell, you could use a P1 Tama? (Ahh, vintage!) :)

+[ b r u t a l ]+

• b-r-u-t-a-l user photo

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:51 AM ( #31 )

I say we opt for vintage as well.

I don't particularly mind the way it is, though. :)

Tama_dude2010

• tama-dude2010 user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:16 AM ( #32 )

I would personally like something like a simple blue, red, green or yellow P1 or P2 skin before going into the 'proper' skins like the connections. The P1/P2 was just plain colours with no design. The connections had arrows, Blobs and spots on. And I like The Karma tamagotchi Idea. I always wanted TT to have something like that. :) I could help make all the characters as I have chart of every Tamagotchi ever! I say vinatge before we start patterns. Patterns are good but maybe harder to make? And for the character in the middle...Maybe like the animations they could change every now and then? Only use ones like Mametchi, Mimitchi, Kuchipatchi and Memetchi though as They are most people fave. Though I do like Tonmarutchi better thatn any of them. :)

Edited by Tama_dude2010, 25 September 2010 - 06:21 AM.

chrispilot2293

• chrispilot2293 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 25 September 2010 - 06:53 AM ( #33 )

So one of the things we have had for years here at TamaTalk is the tama in our logo. This tama was expanded to include a few different choices for color schemes and patterns. I am talking about this tama.

One thing people always say is that the tama needs to be updated to a more recent version. I'd like to open this up to see what you all think it needs to be changed. If you think it needs to be changed then please find a picture of the tama model, version and color you think would be cool to use and link to it. Please keep in mind that this might involve a color change for the site. For right now I am only going to be able to do one skin so please keep the ideas of many models and color schemes out of this topic!

So please reply with answers to these questions:

1) Do you think the tama in the logo and colors should change for the upgrade?

2) If you think it should change, then link to a picture of the tama model, version and color you think would be best to use instead.

I think we should make a .gif image that changes from p1 showing ALL versions I.e. jap and eng/usa from p1 to ID/-Go

tamame20

• tamame20 user photo

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:26 AM ( #34 )

t's fine as is, but needs a bit of polishing up. You could have it be a different version of Tamagotchi, and instead of Mimitchi you could have real sprites from that Tamagotchi version that change each hour according to the time.

I like the the idea of the character changing by the hour. but then wouldent tt need your time zone? :)

Nazotchi25

• nazotchi25 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:23 AM ( #35 )

you guys all have great ideas
but i really think that something either vintage or new would be best. :D

the tama on screen does not matter to me what it iz. but mametchi would be cool.

:):nazotchi::):nazotchi:

Tama_dude2010

• tama-dude2010 user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:16 AM ( #36 )

I would like Mametchi. Mimitchi Or Mametchi would be good for me!

OldSchoolTama

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:00 PM ( #37 )

you guys all have great ideas
but i really think that something either vintage or new would be best. :huh:

You all know I'm always all for vintage Tamagotchis. :huh:

mew0099

• mew0099 user photo

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:58 PM ( #38 )

I like the the idea of the character changing by the hour. but then wouldent tt need your time zone? :huh:

Yeah.
But if you don't register it/are a guest, then it can just be a simple picture of the Tama Trio (Mametchi/Memetchi/Kuchipatchi).

kuromametchifan123

• kuromametchifan123 user photo

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:00 PM ( #39 )

new idea!The tama would be in a TMGC iD! The picture of the tama in the TMGC iD changes every time you go to a different page :D :D :D
1st page visted: Kuromametchi
2nd page visted:Kutchipatchi
3rd page visted:Mametchi
4th page visited:Lovelitchi (lovlin too?)
5th page visited:Memetchi
6th page visited:Mametchi
7th page visited:Violetchi
8th page visited:Unswatchi
9th page visited:Gozarutchi
10th page visited:All of the tamagotchi listed above together!
any page after that:it keeps repeating!
Like the idea? :D :D :D :huh: :huh: :huh:

Edited by kuromametchifan123, 25 September 2010 - 03:06 PM.

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:46 PM ( #40 )

Well let's get the shell design decided on before we change what's on screen. I am looking more for colors here. Also please post links to pictures of your favs so others can see which design you are suggesting.