P1 / P2 Startup

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jappyx

Reaction score
So I just got a urge to start mine up again. A couple of months ago I started up one of my old P1’s and it was a lot of fun and I’m yet again stuck with this same feeling.

Wondering if anyone else is keen to start up with me in the next couple of days? Or share any old P1 stories? :)

I’m in a nostalgic mood as you can tell!

-Jappyx

I'm so glad that there are still a handful of people on here who really appreciate the sentimentality behind the vintage Tamagotchis and find joy in running them still. :) I like to feel nostalgic every once in a while too. I've actually got one of my P2s running right now. Well, sort of. It's 26 years old and I've had it running on and off since May. No joke. I've got Mimitchi on it and I haven't got the heart to neglect it and let it go back to Tama Planet even though it's getting harder and harder to care for it. You know how it goes. Emptying completely after a mere 15 minutes. :p Anyway, I've only got one P1 but it's the HK Commemorative one so I was just thinking of leaving it in its packaging. I'm probably going to get another P1 soon so that I can finally experience it (I know, after all these years, I still haven't played with one!).

I'm so glad that there are still a handful of people on here who really appreciate the sentimentality behind the vintage Tamagotchis and find joy in running them still. :ph34r: I like to feel nostalgic every once in a while too. I've actually got one of my P2s running right now. Well, sort of. It's 26 years old and I've had it running on and off since May. No joke. I've got Mimitchi on it and I haven't got the heart to neglect it and let it go back to Tama Planet even though it's getting harder and harder to care for it. You know how it goes. Emptying completely after a mere 15 minutes. :ph34r: Anyway, I've only got one P1 but it's the HK Commemorative one so I was just thinking of leaving it in its packaging. I'm probably going to get another P1 soon so that I can finally experience it (I know, after all these years, I still haven't played with one!).
I agree, so good that we love our old Tamas :ph34r: I really miss the simplicity of them... But I must say; new ones with their awesome new features are so cool too so it’s hard to decide what I like better. :)

I also have the HK Commemorative one, but mine is out of its packaging. I bought it and it had already been played with. But I’ve still got it’s original packaging and certificate etc. I am often concerned when I play with it because I don’t want to drop it or break it or lose it so I don’t play it that often.

I have a few other P1s, but my P2 isn’t in working condition - one button missing. It still works but without a button it makes it difficult to use - still useable but annoying xD I want another P2 though so I may buy one, I’m not sure. I think the P2 has the cooler background and some cuter characters.

Hmm, thinking I might start my P1 soon. All this talk is making me want to! :ph34r:

I have a p1 running right now. Mine is green with yellow buttons and yellow lining around face. I have marutchi so far i think he should evolve today.

I still LOVE my first tama... A Black and Grey P2. I still play with it to this day. And my P2 Japanese White with Blue Anime Characters many times too... Today I just recieved my P1 (Blue with pink and yellow buttons) today.... ITs cool too!

You know.. Sometimes, the originals are just plain better. I find this true with many digital pets I have. I still love all the digital pets from the 90's and all the current ones....

I agree, so good that we love our old Tamas :D   I really miss the simplicity of them...  But I must say; new ones with their awesome new features are so cool too so it’s hard to decide what I like better.  :p
I couldn't agree more! The newer ones have such nice features that although I've been old-school for many years, I'm slowly getting into the Connection series (got my first Music Star just recently...took me long enough, right? :D ).

I think the P2 has the cooler background and some cuter characters.
I think the P2 characters are cuter as well.

Hmm, thinking I might start my P1 soon.  All this talk is making me want to!  :D
You should! :D Once I get another one, I'll be starting that up as well. Of course, I've also got my poor 26-year-old Mimitchi on my P2 running at the moment. :p

I still LOVE my first tama... A Black and Grey P2. I still play with it to this day. And my P2 Japanese White with Blue Anime Characters many times too... Today I just recieved my P1 (Blue with pink and yellow buttons) today.... ITs cool too!

You know.. Sometimes, the originals are just plain better. I find this true with many digital pets I have. I still love all the digital pets from the 90's and all the current ones....
My first Tamagotchi was a P2 as well. It's been pretty beaten up, since I played with it so much, so now I use it for spare parts. I found an exact replica of it a while ago, which made me so happy because it's a more rare design (transparent yellow with black buttons) and I got it NIB for under $15. I've kept it in its box ever since and play with the transparent blue with silver buttons P2 my boyfriend got me (also NIB) instead but maybe I'll pull out the yellow one sometime for old time's sake. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, old Tamagotchi’s are really the best. :)

I really feel like buying a new P2. All mine don’t function properly but I’m really keen to start one up. Might need to buy one to calm this pressing urge xD

As for getting the Music Star late - I don’t have one yet at all :D So you’re not as late as me :p

However speaking of new ones, I feel like starting up my TMGC+... So now I don’t know what to do!

So your HK Commemorative is still in packaging... Do you ever intend on opening it or just keeping it in the box? :p

Yeah, old Tamagotchi’s are really the best.
I really feel like buying a new P2. All mine don’t function properly but I’m really keen to start one up. Might need to buy one to calm this pressing urge xD

As for getting the Music Star late - I don’t have one yet at all

However speaking of new ones, I feel like starting up my TMGC+... So now I don’t know what to do!

So your HK Commemorative is still in packaging... Do you ever intend on opening it or just keeping it in the box? :)
I definitely know the feeling, the need to buy Tamagotchis to calm the urge. I think I've bought...7 Tamagotchis this past month. Oh jeez, it sounds kind of bad all written out like that, hahaha. XD

I would start up the +C. If I had urges, it would be more than enough to hold me at bay in the meantime and it's pretty low-maintenance too!

I have opened my HK Commemorative to check for the certificate and put batteries in it once to make sure everything was working properly. I'm not usually the type to keep things in boxes (I like to buy and play :) ) but like you, I'm concerned about dropping/scratching/losing it, so I'm keeping it in there for the time being.

Aw, I'd love to join you guys and start up one of my P2s.

Unfortunately, October is going to be an extremely busy month for me. I just won't have time to dedicate to a Tamagotchi. (Especially a vinatge one. They were so much needier than the Connections.) XD

Aw, I'd love to join you guys and start up one of my P2s.
Unfortunately, October is going to be an extremely busy month for me. I just won't have time to dedicate to a Tamagotchi. (Especially a vinatge one. They were so much needier than the Connections.) XD
That's so true, they are needier! Especially when they reach their late teens. @_@ Ahh, good times.

After reading this I am very tempted to start my P2 up again. It's a Pochtchi now so i'll porbable have a few day's before the needyness kicks in! We should start a hatch for the P1/P2! I was in one a few months ago but... let's just say it kinda went dead after a week! Remember that OldSchoolTama? I think I will start it up once my Pochtchi departs so be sure to keep an eye out in a week or two!

After reading this I am very tempted to start my P2 up again. It's a Pochtchi now so i'll porbable have a few day's before the needyness kicks in! We should start a hatch for the P1/P2! I was in one a few months ago but... let's just say it kinda went dead after a week! Remember that OldSchoolTama? I think I will start it up once my Pochtchi departs so be sure to keep an eye out in a week or two!
Haha, of course I remember! It's a shame because playing with the vintage Tamagotchis bring back very fond memories. Okay, I'll keep an eye out. I still have my poor Mimitchi around, paused and 26 years old, on empty every 15 minutes or so when un-paused. :)

Haha, of course I remember! It's a shame because playing with the vintage Tamagotchis bring back very fond memories. Okay, I'll keep an eye out. I still have my poor Mimitchi around, paused and 26 years old, on empty every 15 minutes or so when un-paused. :)
xD Yeah they would get so needy. :wacko:

Mimitch is so cute though, you wouldn’t want to let it die. But it becomes so hard to look after.

Oh I wish my P2 worked so I could get a Mimitch. I need to buy one *urge increases* ;)

I know, that's why I haven't had the heart to let her go. She's so cute! Which is why I've had her paused on and off since May. :mellow: You should buy a P2! There are a lot of great ones on Ebay right now. :mellow:

Unfortunately none in Australia at the moment for me :mellow:

Mind you, buying over seas isn’t really that much more expensive.

*urge grows more* stop! You’re getting me too excited :mellow:

I also want a Mesu/Osu pair so I MIGHT save money for that rather than the P2. Hmm, I just don’t know xD

I just realised I have one of my P1’s on pause at the moment. Maybe I should continue it...

So many decisions xD

Hehehe, sorry! :) It's so easy to get excited over Tamagotchis! Osu/Mesu are awesome. I would definitely recommend saving up for that first, since you already have experience with P1/P2. Hmm, maybe I should un-pause my P2 since it's the weekend and I have more time and all....

I'm waiting on my first ever P2 in the mail at the moment. I remember having a p1, but that was years ago. Reading this post makes me so anxious and excited! If you do have a group hatch, I'll be in it! :]

Hehehe, sorry! ;) It's so easy to get excited over Tamagotchis! Osu/Mesu are awesome. I would definitely recommend saving up for that first, since you already have experience with P1/P2. Hmm, maybe I should un-pause my P2 since it's the weekend and I have more time and all....
Yes, unpause him xD So cute! :D

Bathory - P2 coming soon? How exciting! Let us know about it when you get it... What colour did you get? Is it the first time you’ve played with a P2 before? :D

Yes, unpause him xD So cute! :D
Bathory - P2 coming soon? How exciting! Let us know about it when you get it... What colour did you get? Is it the first time you’ve played with a P2 before? :D
It's funny that you mention it because I just un-paused my Mimitchi a few minutes ago! I felt bad. She should continue her life even though she beeps every 10 minutes or so now. XD

First-ever P2 is definitely exciting, Bathory! It should be a breeze since you mentioned that you had a P1 before, right? I'm interested to know what color you have as well! ;)

It's orange. :] It should be here some time next week. What I like most about the original tamagotchi's is that you could keep them for so long without them turning into an old timer characer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back